macc

hosepipe bans
« on: April 03, 2006, 06:53:58 pm »
Hi. did anyone see on teletext last night the following article on the hosepipe bans bought in by thames water and three valleys water?

HOSEPIPE BAN AVOIDABLE

Millions of people are facing a ban on hosepipes amid claims that the measures could have been avoided.
Restrictions are being introduced by Thames water & Three Valleys water, which serves around 11 million people in greater london and the south.
But Gary Smith of the GMB union claimes bans would have been unnecessary if more reservoirs had been built as only a fraction of total rainfall is used.

Macc  :)

carl stanton

Re: hosepipe bans
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:01:14 pm »
like most things though macc, they could do more even us! as i know you are though! the arabs in the dessert never really go without water, and thats in a very dry place if i am correct!  8)
carl

macc

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:06:15 pm »
Know what you mean Carl.  With a bit of luck if the unions are starting to make noises the water companies may be forced into action instead of just making huge profits, nice dividend payments and fantastic bonus payments to the fat cats!!

Macc   ;D

carl stanton

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:16:25 pm »
prehaps the fat cats should drink more water! they say its good for weight loss  ;D  but maybe we should be moved to be more but not to economical with our water, i think some how we could use rain water ourselfs???