Dominic

Commercial job. What would you do ?
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:03:27 pm »
Hi
Just viewed a large job today. They only want a once a year clean so obviously it's minging. From experience I don't find wfp works as well unless it's done on a regular basis and find that it doesn't always come up perfect 1st time round. Do you agree. For this reason I only take on regular cleans. However this is a big contract so I'd love to take it on.

Previous window cleaner did trad method in and out. This was done by opening windows and partially leaning out. The windows open in such a way to make this possible but as you can imagine it will be slightly awkward and there will be some risk involved. Having looked at the job I don't feel that you need to lean out too far but         
there is still a risk if your doing any leaning in my opinion.

I'm going to do insides trad obviously.But would you say poles only for outside offering a possible substandard but safer clean or would you do trad on outside aswell with the risks involved.

When I say substandard don't take me the wrong way cos I do pretty much all my work with wfp now. I just find that I only get great results that I'm really proud of if job is done on regular basis.

Any views woud be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Dom

Mike_G

Re: Commercial job. What would you do ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:46:09 pm »
They should not expect too much from a yearly clean, put in a high price and pole it, not worth hanging out of windows if you can avoid it. Try to find out what they want to spend a year on window cleaning you may well be able to do the outsides 3 or 4 times and the insides just once.

Morph

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:46:46 pm »
Well, it depends on how much you're going to be able to charge.
I did a job in January, on a freezing cold day, inside and out, only done once a year.  Did the outside with a pole, spent a bit of time and water on it, no probs.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 05:07:09 pm »
Pole it, charge more, dont comprimise your Health & Saftey!!

Dominic

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 05:30:36 pm »
Thanks for the input. Going to pole it.

cheers
Dom

macc

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:13:46 pm »
Pole it, charge more, dont comprimise your Health & Saftey!!

second that, allow in your price more time & water, problem solved. good luck.

macc