ScrimShady

Need a new pole
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:14:16 pm »
can you help me? i want i 30ft pole but dont know what one to get, i have heard gardner do i good one,
Cheap But good. (if there is such a thing)
cheers

daniel b

Re: Need a new pole
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:32:31 pm »
brodex eco light just bought 3 of them very good poles and well priced take a look www.brodexbms.co.uk.

Dan
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:39:12 pm »
window cleaning wearhouse do them for cheaper. Thats where i bought mine. Mine is only an 18ft pole, but im sure they sell biggger ones

daniel b

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:41:49 pm »
wcw are cheaper just depends on what your doin i suppose what height etc because a lighter pole will make all the difference.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

ScrimShady

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:58:05 pm »
cheers everyone i have been looking at gardiner pole they seem quite good prices, has anyone used them?

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:12:31 pm »
Unger poles are very good. 

You can add sections or remove them depending on what you're cleaning and from experience, even though they're alluminium, they're fine for three-storey work (probably higher), but I wouldn't know.

They're light, adaptable and all the parts, including replacement sections can all be purchased individually.

ScrimShady

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:30:41 pm »
where would i get them from??

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:50:48 pm »

I purchased mine which consists of five sections (including the thin inner pole) from Peter Fogwill at Aquatech and I think the bill came to £180.00 with hose and brush head; but I could be wrong about the price.

http://www.window-tools.com/

Try e-mailing Peter and tell him what your requirements are.

Anyway, the good thing about these poles are their versitility, light-weight and each component is available to purchase seperately.

I've also got a damaged 18ft Ionics pole, and the only problem with it is the top section of the pole, but, as far as I know, you can't just purchase this section; you have to buy a new complete pole.

Unger poles do it for me!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 05:35:53 pm »

I purchased mine which consists of five sections (including the thin inner pole) from Peter Fogwill at Aquatech and I think the bill came to £180.00 with hose and brush head; but I could be wrong about the price.

http://www.window-tools.com/

Try e-mailing Peter and tell him what your requirements are.

Anyway, the good thing about these poles are their versitility, light-weight and each component is available to purchase seperately.

I've also got a damaged 18ft Ionics pole, and the only problem with it is the top section of the pole, but, as far as I know, you can't just purchase this section; you have to buy a new complete pole.

Unger poles do it for me!

I can do 5 sections of Unger pole and 3 sections of Glass Fibre pole which makes up one fully telescopic pole, which will get you up over 50 foot.  The lighter Unger sections at the top of the pole mixed with the heavier glass fibre sections at the bottom seems to work quite well. 

With the 5 sections of the Unger you have a 30 foot pole and can use as many sections as you need at a time, then for over 30 foot you just add the 3 sections of glass fibre.  One pole which when closed is under 7 foot.

Total cost £300 plus vat and delivery.

Peter Fogwill
www.window-tools.com

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 05:38:04 pm »
  Top notch pole, worth the money. As long as you take care of it by polishing
  every now and then you'll have no problems like all other poles.

Haven't used any others but I have no need to change as I am satisfied
  with what I've got.

Doug