kkawindows

finally taken the plunge
« on: March 30, 2006, 01:34:28 pm »
after 6 months of just dropping flyers through peoples door i have finally taken the plunge and started door knocking so far this week i have picked up 15 customers averaging £10-£15 per time  i am now sitting here thinking why i was going to pay someone to canvass for me ok the first door was the most akward one but it was fine, its suprising what you find out door knocking as well i.e a lady told me today that her sister hasnt had a window cleaner in her street for years, so later on this afternoon i am going up there armed with business cards and a notepad and pen, so to all you people who are bit scared of door knocking dont be  ;)

P @ F

Re: finally taken the plunge
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:44:23 pm »
I wish i had your enthusiasm still , i was just saying on another thread how im getting lazy and hacked off with it all , the thing is i know the problem but dont want to tackle it .
I have a fair bit of work to do but its all here and there , and most of it is my stuff from the early days , totally underpriced , awkward stuff .
I dont really want it anymore at the price i do it , on the other hand i dont want to lose it through hiking the prices .

Im lost and need guidance !

Rich P @ F   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

kkawindows

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:08:43 pm »
basically i keep it short simple and straight to the point
hi i am.............would you be intrested in having your windows cleaned......yes or no.....yes would you like me to give you a quote now
if they say no ok thanks for your time then move on to the next trust me first door i filled my door but after that its a breeze

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:18:56 pm »
Rich

How often do you clean these ones you have to do.
Why not get them to switch to an 8 week clean if you not already doing them like that and you probably won't lose them putting the price up.

If your passing somewhere one day that you think looks ok to do why not just drop a few flyers through the doors and see what happens.

I did this a couple of weeks ago.
It took me about 10 minutes to do.
About a week later i had 5 new customers and a gutter and fascia clean to do.
It dosen't work all the time but what surprised me was the street i went to was just round the corner from me and i know of at least 3 w/c's that work in the street.

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:30:57 pm »
Not trying to make excuses here but could it be the fact that this large contract i just got is making me think im Charlie big spuds , i'll work when i want sort of thing !
I dont want that to be the case as my domestic will suffer big time and it will all go down the pan .

Listen to me , i depressing myself now ! , just going out in the garden to kick myself up the arse , and then im going out at 2.30 and doing some work .

Rich  P @ F 

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 02:34:56 pm »
KKA , sorry chap , i seem to have hi~jacked your thread , here you can have it back now , that kick up the arse seems to have worked !

Rich  P @ F

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 02:37:12 pm »
Rich

I'll ask you later how many you got through.

Put a hat on if you worried about getting your hair wet ;D ;D ;D ;D

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 02:39:58 pm »
HAR HAR HARDY HAR  ;D

Rich P @ F