Red_Panda

Salty Windows!
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:36:36 pm »
Hello, I live & clean up in Shetland (next to Norway), at the moment I clean the old fashion way. Some times the windows are so "salted" I have to clean them 3 times. The only way to leave them streak free is to use two buckets, one for the clean solution, which I pour into my bucket on a belt, & a separate bucket of water to wash my applicator between windows.

I have set my heart on a pole system, which I thought would overcome this "salty" problem. I was told I may have a problem using a pole system as it will leave streaks on "salty" windows. Has any one used the pole systems on extremely exposed costal areas. Do you get good results? Have you had to improvise to leave the glass streak free?

Thank you for your help, David ???

Moderator David@stives

Re: Salty Windows!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:44:58 pm »
I live the opposite end to you down near Penzance and we have the same SALT down here.

It is no probs for wfp ,you just rinse more thats all

Dave

carl stanton

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:30:49 pm »
why dont you see if you can get a demo, or get a loan of one for your satisfaction, i live on the coast and dont have a great problem with getting the salt off, bit more work yes, change water more, sorted! looking to get wfp!  8)

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 10:49:15 pm »
Hi i live on the isle of wight and have had some good feed back using WFP compared to trad cleaning

dai

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:24:13 pm »

SAME HERE on the North Wales coast. I used to hate cleaning them after on shore gales. One touch of the scim on the frame and it was contaminated. Had to do them twice too. Now it's all different. WFP is brilliant for salty glass, as Dave says, just give them a good rinsing. Dai