kkawindows

got a telling of because of the cowboys
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:42:21 pm »
well today was another wash out gale force winds and peeing with rain so i thought i would go canvassing, anyway came to this blokes house i said hello would you like you windows cleaned i was stopped in my tracks well how long are you going to last he said? jokinly i said to you sack me why i asked  the bloke said that he has had 9 window cleaners in the last 18 months and none of them have come back.
Now why should  proffesional window cleaners take the rap for these beer money cowboys get son my pip

ronaldo

Re: got a telling of because of the cowboys
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:49:11 pm »
Get asked that regulary round here and it will get worse now the summer is on its way. Just part of this trade, your always going to get benefit cheats and the likes doing it because alot of it is cash work. They all dissapear when jack frost comes back.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

steve k

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:01:44 pm »
might be worth waiting to find out if the window cleaners dropped him...he could be a lunatic customer...there must be a professional amongst all of them...quite possibly all of them!!
You will get customers who you grow to dislike very quickly...the beauty of self employment is you walk away and never come back.
I`ve had customers who have spoken to me and looked at me like something off the bottom of their wellies...they have then questioned my work and been late with payment. I have dumped them pretty soon after taking them on with no explanation...they did not deserve one.
They probably bemoan all window cleaners because THEY cannot keep one.
I offer a professional service and treat my work and my customers with respect...I will not accept anything less in return.
If the customer wants to treat me like a victorian chimneysweep, they can find someone else...and then probably slag me off to the next victim...sorry...window cleaner!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 05:45:32 pm »
That's probably right actually Steve, I didn't think of that.

I'd be concerned if a customer had lost 9 w/c'ers, surely that's excessive. :o
Got to be more than coincidence! ;D

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:51:34 pm »
They were probably expected to do the job for a £1.00

Steve

Mike George

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 07:16:55 am »
You will get customers who you grow to dislike very quickly...the beauty of self employment is you walk away and never come back.

I had the pleasure of turning down my first nasty one yesterday.

No, he couldn't be bothered to ring me when he got the effing flyer, but he only wanted the effing front windows cleaned, only take a couple of effing minutes, only two doors up the effing road - sorry, too busy today!
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog