windolene

STUTZY squeegee
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:11:29 pm »
Hi,

I have just ordered a couple of Pulex STUTZY squeegees. Having been given one by Giuilo Guizi at Windex last year it is allways my first choice squeegee & at  about £7 from Wintecs it is a steal. 

http://wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=57_22_32&products_id=382

Kevin WINDOLENE

Terry_Burrows

Re: STUTZY squeegee
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:24:28 am »
yes you love them or hate them :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:00:16 am »
To be honest that handle looks too long for me.

I keep a very light grip on it and just mainly use thumb and forefinger at the top.
That way I can turn very quickly.
Looks like it would be too cumbersome. :-\

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:12:24 am »
ER  ::) Turn quickly :-\ are you trying to chuck the glove down,ie going for my crown,mr squeaky :-\ I will have no talk of that nature,no more tips shall be given away ;D ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Morph

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 09:47:03 am »
I only use Unger Ergotec.  Love them.  Light, good moulded handle, quick change.  Best I've tried so far in 19 years.  Is the Stutzy better??

matts

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:27:57 pm »
Squeeky Clean, what squeegee do you use use and why,i have only been up and running 6 months and i use the stutzy but ive not really tried anything else

KJG

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 02:14:03 am »
To be honest that handle looks too long for me.

I keep a very light grip on it and just mainly use thumb and forefinger at the top.
That way I can turn very quickly.
Looks like it would be too cumbersome. :-\

Yeah, that long handle would be a hindrance. Nice looking channel grip mechanism though.

windolene

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 06:30:40 am »
Hi,

That long handle is very handy & ergonomic, trust me I have used all handles & this is the best so far.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Morph

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 07:03:16 am »
Just out of curiosity, how long have you been cleaning windows Kevin Windowlene?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 07:56:13 am »
Squeeky Clean, what squeegee do you use use and why,i have only been up and running 6 months and i use the stutzy but ive not really tried anything else
I've got an old brass Ettore handle that's gone all smooth and comfy. :)

I've only got a ten inch blade in it at the moment, but I've been using it so long it's like an extension of my arm now.
I could do slightly less work with a bigger squeegee, but wouldn't fit in a lot of windows.

It's good to find one you like and stick with it. :)
After a year or so you could do most windows with your eyes shut.
If you keep experimenting you've got to adapt.

Cheers, Rog.

windolene

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 11:44:39 am »
Hi,

PJ, 20 years.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Morph

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 11:05:06 am »
Hi,

PJ, 20 years.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Thanks mate.  Your opinion/experience carries weight now!
I may have to consider investing...
Hmmmm   £7 you say?  Hmmm
May need a management meeting about this!

I wonder if Soapnational are selling them?
Decision made!  We're taking the plunge, no indecisiveness here, we're going to buy....1 ;)

dai

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 04:24:21 pm »
Have any of you guys tried using the Wagtail combi? It's so superior to the old applicator and squeegee method. The whole jobs done in one go. We have used them for over a year now. Once mastered there is no going back. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone uses an applicator and a squeegy, when they can do the job in one single pass with the Wagtail combi.
The only time I would use the old method would be on really filthy glass. For glass that's cleaned every month or two, the Wagtail reins supreme. They are tough,light,
use much less water, and so much faster. Dai

windolene

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 06:23:15 pm »
Hi,

Dai,

Does the wagtail do a good job on domestic size windows as the squeegee & applicator does.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

dai

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 04:30:45 pm »
Kev, they do a first class job, they come in all sizes too. I use a 16 inch one and the Mrs uses a 12 inch. They go upto 30ins for large shop fronts.
I have them dogeared and there is very little detailing to do. I use a bucket on the belt, two mugs of water will do 4 houses [bottoms only]. Because they use so little water, they are perfect for doing insides too.
The handles swivel so they take a bit of getting used to, I got the knack after doing 4 houses. I'm 63 so if an old git like me can learn to use them so can anybody else. The swivel action makes them very easy on the wrist, the blade and pad turn, not your hand. The pad puts the water on and the blade takes it off, all in one single pass. You would do the job at least 25% quicker. Dai

windolene

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 04:45:05 pm »
Hi.

OK Dia  you have sold them to me. Tell me where to get them from. Iwill post & tell you how i get on with them.

You may be an old git, but I am a tight git.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

dai

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:51 pm »
The only supplier I know of over here is Glyn at Omnipole. They are an Australian invention, It was a guy who had worked as a shiner in Oz that put me on to them. Dai