RO-Sheen

Re: Should i panic?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 08:59:43 am »
Another thing to remember when you are up ladders and concentrating on the windows, Dont over reach and take silly risks! Just been on a Health and safety course with BWCA this week so am now a H+S anorak!
Oh, and make sure your ladder is leaning against the wall at 75°
Formerly known as GARGAAX

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 01:01:24 am »
When I'm more confident i may switch to a bucket but for now at least both hands are free to hold on.

Phil, do you use a bucket on a belt?

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=68

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 07:24:07 am »
Hi Mark
Thanks for the link. Im going to order one asap. This is what I've ordered so far, ladder,1 scrim cut into 4, 3 different size channels plus rubber and two quick release handles, 1 Tbar and mop, Glazey Window System, Glass Gleam 4 cleaner, leather holder, scraper and bucket.
I guess my inexperience is shining through not getting a boab but we all have to start somewhere eh!
Going to practice some more today and then its paying customers Monday, wish me luck!!!
Phil

gsw

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:13 am »
get some spare blades for your scraper you are going to need them if the houses haven't been cleaned in a while!

JM123

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 05:41:14 pm »
main thing when starting is just to take your time, it can be tiring at the start so go slow, do a good job and after a while you'll start to speed up.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I