LETS REALLY SHOW WE CARE
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:01:18 am »
Hi all.

I guess most here have read about Paul French. The window cleaner who died at work recently.

With help from others I managed to get his address and also taked to his widow.

Have a look here

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17987.0

They say that words are easy. Well, they were very hard when I talked to Mrs French but I am glad I did it.  Many here have expressed a wish to help Mrs French and her children. A couple of days ago after my talk with Mrs french I really didnt feel up to trying to organise something but now after a very long and busy days work yesterday I feel thankfull to be alive just to do a good days work.

Anyway to my point.  There are many members of this forum. I see over 1000 read the initial thread re Paul's death. I really do belive that as a group we can make a real conribution towards helping this family. It's too late to get any floral tribute deliverd in time for the funeral which is on Monday so what I propose is that anyone wishing to make a donation can do so in the following way.

Please send contributions made payable to G McCann my wife who will hold the funds in her own bank account.

Please post them addressed as follows

FAO G.McCann
C/O Adepta Engineering Ltd.
       Units 1 to 3
       Rendel Street
       Grimsby
       DN31 1SF

Telephone number is 01472 347519. If you do need to call please ask for me. The company is very busy indeed. If I am not available if you call please just let whoever answers the phone know it's regarding Paul french, leave your number and I will get back to you.

About receipts for donations. I honestly am very busy every day from early morning till late in the evening. I am asking for your trust here in that to post receipts will cost money and lessen the total and to send emails is a job I honestly don't have time to do and neither do the staff.

Adepta is where my office is and they make the Freedom trolley. My brother in law is Co owner of the company and has given his wholehearted agreement to donations being sent there. A record of all contributors will be kept with amounts. A deadline has to be made for this sort of thing so please if you wish to contribute ensure that it is received by 31st of this month. If you send cash please send it by recorded delivery.

Once I have receved all donations I will let the forum know the total amount. I am really hoping it will be quite sizeable as it could easilly be if we all chip in even a small amount each.

We have time to decide whether or not we wish to send flowers from the forum along with any surplus money that I am sure will be there. I have just had an idea. If you pop a note in with your donation just saying flowers YES or NO it will be easy to count them and the majority will decide.

One other idea I have is that if each contributor were to enclose their own letter of sympathy to Mrs French I will be happy to have them delivered to her. Imagine the help it will give this Lady to get a big delivery of letters from window cleaners like her late husband was.

Again rest assured that it will be made very clear to Mrs french that any flowers/donations etc are from THIS FORUM.

My regards to you all

Andrew

squeaky-clean 1

Re: LETS REALLY SHOW WE CARE
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:17:42 am »
Well done Andrew

donation on its way.

Regards Belinda & Kevin
Belinda
the real boss.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 12:04:58 pm »
Same here,

Regards,

Tosh

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:10:55 pm »

About receipts for donations. I honestly am very busy every day from early morning till late in the evening. I am asking for your trust here in that to post receipts will cost money and lessen the total

Hello Andrew, i don't think anyone is going to question this.
We're all WC, joined by our profession, united by the death of one of us.
I feel quite proud to be a part of CIU and its response to Paul French's death.
We cannot do anything to bring Paul back but i do believe this gesture of support will make his widow feel proud that his death has united so many fellow WC's from all over the country.
This is human nature at its best.
Will be posting cheque on monday.
Thanks again mate

mark

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:23:56 pm »
donation on way

stevef

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 05:26:02 pm »
My cheque and letter will be off by Monday
well done mate

Steve

dai

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 08:34:03 pm »
Thanks Andrew, will send cheque on monday. Dai

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »
ditto

Ross

spotless2000

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 09:34:26 pm »
On its way.

Steve

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 07:41:51 am »
Andrew

Thank you for the work youve put in & now sorting out the donations.

Cheque & letter to be sent monday

Gary

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 12:02:29 pm »
I'll not make this thread a 'sticky' as no-one seems to read them, but it does deserve a 'bump' up to the top.

Bump.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 12:18:48 pm »
Thanks Tosh

You are one of life's diamonds mate :)

Cheers

Andrew

matts

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 09:48:20 pm »
Donation on its way, and well done for all your efforts Andrew

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:09 pm »
Good work everyone!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 10:44:37 pm »
donation and note en-route, many thanks Andrew for all your efforts

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 10:47:12 pm »
Cheque and letter posted today.

Thanks for being so persevering.

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:20 pm »
Thanks folks.

I know its early days but I am wondering if folks might be reluctant to send donations to me to pass on to Mrs french.

So far I have received 4 envelopes. They are unopened but safely locked up at the office. Please ladies and gents. If anyone and I mean anyone has any reservations whatsoever let me know. I won't take any offence at all. This one is very dear to my heart having spoken to Mrs french and listened to her anguish. My one aim is to try to help this family through this terrible experience by showing them that there are many, many of us window cleaners who perhaps understand more than others what they are going through by a large number of messages of condolance. Yes probably the money will help them but I honestly think that letters would help more. I am hoping to be able to arrange a very large delivery of these letters. Of course there would be one letter from the forum as a whole. I will of course post a draft of the proposed letter so that all can see it and comment as they see fit  before it is delivered.

While I am happy to take this on board on behalf of the forum members if anyone would prefer to send donation/letter direct to Mrs french all I can do is phone her again to ask permission to either post the address here on the forum or to make it available via email.

Please. I honestly won't be offended.. if you would rather send anything directly to Mrs French say so here. I will them try to get permission to give the details from Mrs french. Just think.. her husband.. a fellow window cleaner went out to work and did not, nor ever will reurn home to his family. We CAN make a difference. How we do it I really dont care. Sorry folks I am getting emotional again about this. Its all up to you good folks.

Andrew

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:14:23 pm »
What you're doing is fine Andrew - my cheque is written to Mrs Mc Cann and was posted earlier today -but no letter or card I'm afraid.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:45:44 pm »
after the effort and obvious emotion you have put into this andrew, anyone who doubts your honourable intentions must have a screw loose.
I've just run off a quick letter to Mrs French and that cut me up enough..
My wife was quite tearfull too.
Andrew, you have my total trust and gratitude, God bless you.
cheque and note in post in the morning.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 07:25:18 pm »
Andrew,

I posted the cheque today.  I'm good at preparing mail, but lazy when it comes to walking it to the post box.

Come on, does anyone else want to donate?

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 07:56:22 pm »
Thanks Tosh.. I know what you mean :)

To date I have received 7 donations. 4 with letters one of which was not in a seperate envelope. I of course read it thinking it may be for me. I have to say that if the other letters are as profound and genuine as that one that Mrs french will get great comfort from them.

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 08:33:05 pm »
Andrew can you not post bank details so we can pay direct into an account.

Dave

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 08:42:34 pm »
Please send contributions made payable to G McCann my wife who will hold the funds in her own bank account.

Please post them addressed as follows

FAO G.McCann
C/O Adepta Engineering Ltd.
       Units 1 to 3
       Rendel Street
       Grimsby
       DN31 1SF

Telephone number is 01472 347519. If you do need to call please ask for me. My regards to you all

Andrew

Dave,

Don't be a pain, just write the cheque!

If I was organising it, your question would 'bug me'.

Let's keep it simple.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:22 pm »
 Tosh

I thought it was a reasonable request because if i was collecting it i would give you details of my account so you could pay in.
You collect a lot more that way and it is easier.

Dave

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:12 pm »
Dave,

Sorry I came accross that way. 

But if I took on 'extra duties' (as Andrew has done), and someone attempted to complicate the 'extra duties', even though they were performed out of the goodness of their own heart; then yes; it would bug me.

It's not hard to write a cheque and post it. 

Okay, Andrew could spend your cash on a hair-cut or something, but I doubt it. (He's bald(ish) to start with).

If  you wish to donate, just send cash or a cheque to the address provided, soon, so Andrew gets it before the end of this month.

If Andrew spends it on heroin or something, at least we've done our bit.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 09:07:12 pm »
Cheque now posted

I think the best idea would be to present the family with a cheque with a small bunch of flowers.
I think the family would realy appreciate the money at this difficult time.
I know if it was my wife she would be worrying and struggling with money by now and it may help to ease the burden.

Dave

P.s Tosh i trust Andrew 100% 
Some people are apathetic when it comes to writing cheques, i know i am

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 09:30:17 pm »
Cheque now posted

I think the best idea would be to present the family with a cheque with a small bunch of flowers.
I think the family would realy appreciate the money at this difficult time.
I know if it was my wife she would be worrying and struggling with money by now and it may help to ease the burden.

Dave

P.s Tosh i trust Andrew 100% 
Some people are apathetic when it comes to writing cheques, i know i am

I think flowers would be just fine, with a well-written letter of condolence.  The left-overs may amount to £9.87 pence.

Any 'left-overs' should just be given to a charity.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 06:32:28 pm »
Andrew,

I have just written a cheque which will be posted tomorrow.

Sorry about the delay, been hectic this week and forgot until I logged on to catch up on activity here. Typical woman eh !!

Once again thanks for organising this - its really appreciated.

Sarah

Sarah

mark dew

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 08:18:27 pm »
just a reminder that for any payment to reach Andrew by the end of the month, which is this Friday coming. Really needs to be posted 1st class by Wednesday to be guaranteed (ish) to reach there by this time.

cheers

Majestic

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 01:03:28 pm »
Have only just noticed this post ( I use the other forum more ) but my cheque is in the post. Every donation how ever small will help, if everyone even made a small donation it would mount up .

AdamSouth

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 03:39:57 pm »
Andrew

i posted a cheque yesterday but i only had 2nd class stamps so i hope you get it by friday. think you should but who knows with royal mail
Giving you a better view