RO-Sheen

Which trainers for summer?
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »
I have great goretex boots for winter but what do you recommend for summer? i bought some northface goretex trainers last year. I thought Goretex were all waterproof but these certainly werent! they are now beginning to fall apart so need to start looking again!
So what have you found are waterproof, cool and durable?

Formerly known as GARGAAX

bobby p

Re: Which trainers for summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »
watch out if you buy online from www.sportsdirect.com , because they peddle some  fakes  online whereas in their shops its the real deal (i think)on the shelves .  how i discovered is   iv bought a few trainers from them ,all the same model but the onliners  are fake ,easy to spot too if you compare like for like

. i explained this to a senior salesbod in their shop and he had a close look and said he couldnt understand it -yeah right

they never respond to my emails queries on the subject , im thinking they might make tens of thousands by doing this ,perhaps millions !

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
watch out if you buy online from www.sportsdirect.com , because they peddle some  fakes  online whereas in their shops its the real deal (i think)on the shelves .  how i discovered is   iv bought a few trainers from them ,all the same model but the onliners  are fake ,easy to spot too if you compare like for like

. i explained this to a senior salesbod in their shop and he had a close look and said he couldnt understand it -yeah right

they never respond to my emails queries on the subject , im thinking they might make tens of thousands by doing this ,perhaps millions !
do you really think a company of this size needs to deal in fake trainers ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave71

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15:27 am »
I have great goretex boots for winter but what do you recommend for summer? i bought some northface goretex trainers last year. I thought Goretex were all waterproof but these certainly werent! they are now beginning to fall apart so need to start looking again!
So what have you found are waterproof, cool and durable?

i bought the same as you northface thinking they would be water tight but after 1 year they are falling apart seen these bit cheaper than northface havnt bought a pair yet so cant comment on how water proof they are http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nike-Rongbuk-Gore-Tex-Waterproof-Walking/dp/B005ANDGVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320359513&sr=8-1

will77

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 06:54:29 am »
maybe you need a new pair of wellies this summer  :(

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 07:16:31 am »
I wear these summer and winter, they last forever, never leak and are extremely comfortable with a pair on insoles in them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007AD1QWG/ref=asc_df_B007AD1QWG8331964/?tag=googlecouk06-21&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B007AD1QWG&linkCode=asn

better than trainers

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 08:30:19 am »

do you really think a company of this size needs to deal in fake trainers ::)

prob some lad in warehouse swapping em

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 08:34:56 am »
Ian, you could be right .  im buying the workers  trainers too so i dont want total rubbish , as it happens iv got to get some today when im in town today supervising the Saturday leaflet effort

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:03 am »
i just wear goretex boots all year round.feet nice and dry and still not too uncomfortable in summer.
price higher/work harder!