L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

New Window Cleaning Journal / Magazine
« on: December 18, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »
Hi fella`s,it`seems awhile now,I`m possibly wrong but
There was a new window cleaning magazine made up
By someone on the group.
Ya sign up for it,and it came down in and as a PDF file.
I got my first issue and nothing since.
Has it `gone to the wall`or is a new edition out soon or
What ?
Not unless mine has`nt come down or something.

Thanks for replies.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Blue Frog Systems

Re: New Window Cleaning Journal / Magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »
2 monthly i believe
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:12:25 pm »
Hi fella`s,it`seems awhile now,I`m possibly wrong but
There was a new window cleaning magazine made up
By someone on the group.
Ya sign up for it,and it came down in and as a PDF file.
I got my first issue and nothing since.
Has it `gone to the wall`or is a new edition out soon or
What ?
Not unless mine has`nt come down or something.

Thanks for replies.

Lewis  Doubtfire

Hey Lewis, the new issue should be in your inbox today. It is currently qtrly. Let me know what you think?
 :)

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:31:00 pm »
read page 30/31  the window man, gives a interview

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
read page 30/31  the window man, gives a interview

Do you know him? Are you from the Swindon area?

Pope vader

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 02:10:45 pm »
no  the was a thread on here a few weeks ago, basically he was calling all other wc conmen, if they charges less than £10 as it was impossible to do a houses for less than a £10

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »
I can never get to view it! :(

I've subscribed ages ago, even got the email today, still can't view the actual mag!!!! :(

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »
no  the was a thread on here a few weeks ago, basically he was calling all other wc conmen, if they charges less than £10 as it was impossible to do a houses for less than a £10

THE BLOKE SEEMED LIKE A COMPLETE DICK, AND I DONT SAY THAT ABOUT MANY PEOPLE.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »
Can someone point us in the right direction to register for this please  :)

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
theres a great article in the latest issue, its made me think about going back to ladders, the WC says wfp is great for commercial but not houses, apparently it makes to much mess with the water (not that rain does the same thing), also when you climb over gates you have come back over to turn it on, by the time you have got everything out its quicker to get a ladder off and do the windows.

wish i had read this sooner then i would have had to invest "1000's" in my WFP equipment.

Oh and he wasnt talking from His experience of WFP because he hasnt used it  ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 03:12:12 pm »
theres a great article in the latest issue, its made me think about going back to ladders, the WC says wfp is great for commercial but not houses, apparently it makes to much mess with the water (not that rain does the same thing), also when you climb over gates you have come back over to turn it on, by the time you have got everything out its quicker to get a ladder off and do the windows.

wish i had read this sooner then i would have had to invest "1000's" in my WFP equipment.

Oh and he wasnt talking from His experience of WFP because he hasnt used it   ;D

funny how all the wfp critics have never used it. if they saved some of their dole beer money earnings maybe they could afford to try it out  :-X
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »

Richard Clarkes comments there in the interview is typical of wc's who have not used wfp. Reading between the lines you can see the fear of making that leap of faith into something your are not sure about.
The costs compared to a bucket and ladder is a factor too for the 100 percent trad guys.

Pope vader

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »
lee

why not do a artice on what wfp stuff can be bought for set prices ie £500, £1000, £2000, £2500+

to show what you dont need 000 to get a system

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »
lee

why not do a artice on what wfp stuff can be bought for set prices ie £500, £1000, £2000, £2500+

to show what you dont need 000 to get a system

Hey Santa, we are planning a Compare the Market page spreads on systems. We plan to start with beginners systems. Is that what you mean?

Pope vader

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »
sort of,  but show what can be bought for 500 etc,

ie  500  xtel poles

1000 clx poles

1500 slx poles etc

Lee GLS

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:41 pm »

Richard Clarkes comments there in the interview is typical of wc's who have not used wfp. Reading between the lines you can see the fear of making that leap of faith into something your are not sure about.
The costs compared to a bucket and ladder is a factor too for the 100 percent trad guys.

I realise that, I wasn't having a go at the article, it just made me laugh, I'm sure we were all like that before we changed to WFP,  but looking at it now we can see how funny it sounds.   :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »
sort of,  but show what can be bought for 500 etc,

ie  500  xtel poles

1000 clx poles

1500 slx poles etc

Oh I see. So you can see what you can get for your money and budget? Yeah that kinda would fit in with my Compare the Market plan. No probs Santa, see what I can do  ;)

bobby p

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 03:53:58 pm »
its a good read. looks like theres a paper version

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

I realise that, I wasn't having a go at the article, it just made me laugh, I'm sure we were all like that before we changed to WFP,  but looking at it now we can see how funny it sounds.   :)

Defo Lee. No probs. Say, incidently how many ladder users do you think come on this forum do you think?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
its a good read. looks like theres a paper version

Hey Bobby - no paper version at the mo. Printing is very expensive.

;)

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 04:24:42 pm »
Hi Lee,very impressive,especially compared to the UK `Fed`
Window Talk journal which I received just before Xmas I think.
What do other members think of it compared to `Window Talk`?
Plenty for us `tradders`,it makes a change cos`this last few years
Or so the country seems to have gone WFP `mad`.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:56 pm »
Hi Lee,very impressive,especially compared to the UK `Fed`
Window Talk journal which I received just before Xmas I think.
What do other members think of it compared to `Window Talk`?
Plenty for us `tradders`,it makes a change cos`this last few years
Or so the country seems to have gone WFP `mad`.

Lewis  Doubtfire

To be honest it was more of a ladder overload special. There is 10's of thousands of trad guys out there who can not be left out. My intention was always to provide info and articles for both trad and wfp.

Did you see my article in Window Talk?. I write a column for them every issue as well.

I am not sure that many members are aware of WCM yet, however, this will change. I am awaiting for the FWC board to agree on allowing my magazine to advertise in Window Talk as a kind of cross over business situation as I freely advertise the FWC and there courses, products etc. But I have had no word yet.

Im sure they will happy to do so once the Board have discussed it  ;)

Catherine10

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »
Really good Lee.

simonr

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 04:40:53 pm »
are there gonna be any replies in the next issue to mr softly 'window licker' - look at his picture-  from people like myself who have lots of work under a tenner  thats done wfp & done without scaring the kids as im sure he does

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »
are there gonna be any replies in the next issue to mr softly 'window licker' - look at his picture-  from people like myself who have lots of work under a tenner  thats done wfp & done without scaring the kids as im sure he does

Lol. Matthew Softley as you have read feels strongly about his views. I know what you mean about the 'under a tenner' stuff and how it sounded. That is why I asked him in the interview to clarify his real meanings and what he was trying to put across.

What comments would you like to leave? Or dare I ask lol  ;)

bobplum

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »
hi lee cant seem to open it,i click on the part which says click here and then i seem to end up a page with the title
yudo free? and something about ratings : ??? cant seem to find the articles

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 05:35:03 pm »
hi lee cant seem to open it,i click on the part which says click here and then i seem to end up a page with the title

Can you email me, I will send you the PDF version.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »

Hi when you get to that yudu site, the magazine is protected. Type in the code as shown on the links page on the WCM website (dont worry about caps) into the field box and it will take you staright the mag. Here you can read the mag on line in flip page format.

Or instead of clicking on to view the mag online there is an option to download the PDF to your computer.

Any probs, email me.

Scrimble

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »
not had chance to read it yet but dont like the fact its online only and not a proper paper magazine,

having to have to zoom in on a pc to read the text is annoying, printed it all out and will give it a read later on tonight

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »
not had chance to read it yet but dont like the fact its online only and not a proper paper magazine,

having to have to zoom in on a pc to read the text is annoying, printed it all out and will give it a read later on tonight

Good man! you enjoy it  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
managed to login and enjoyed all the articles,very good,keep up the good work
one question who is the ugly bald guy in the black t shirt ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »
I found it to be a good read!!

Well done Lee and everyone else involved, keep the good work up :)

simonr

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »

Lol. Matthew Softley as you have read feels strongly about his views. I know what you mean about the 'under a tenner' stuff and how it sounded. That is why I asked him in the interview to clarify his real meanings and what he was trying to put across.

What comments would you like to leave? Or dare I ask lol  ;)

well he seems concerned about pensioners who, in my rounds at least dont have a tenner to spend on windows, i've some that do but a lot that dont, i,ve a lot at £5 and £6 that i wfp and as there are other lads on the estate doing them for £4.5 trad  i must be doing them ok cos i've never lost any and im still earning well at those prices

i really think he's just trying to scaremainer & make himself appear better than he is.   if i worked in his area i'd be well offended by him unless of course i only charged £10 or more

Pope vader

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 11:09:30 pm »
i like the way he wants a register, but aint joined any thing him self, as he is doing it all next year

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »
managed to login and enjoyed all the articles,very good,keep up the good work
one question who is the ugly bald guy in the black t shirt ;D

lol that be me  ;D