richywilts

thinkin of building a traditional round
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »
im considering building a traditional round 3-4 weeks frequency at lower prices as i find it hard to continually maintain the waterfed pole equipment and lose lots of days when equipment breaks.

i think it will improve cash flow too using lower prices

did people find it easier or more difficuly building and finding traditional customer as opposed to wfp customers
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Ian101

Re: thinkin of building a traditional round
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:13:29 pm »

did people find it easier or more difficuly building and finding traditional customer as opposed to wfp customers

generally they dont give a stuff how they're cleaned so long as they're clean .....

not a daft idea neither as some houses are defo quicker trad

however very rare I loose time when summit breaks as carry spares plus hardly had any problems recently - guess its different with staff though

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:27:23 pm »
I am currently building my round from scratch (100% trad).

I believe that where I am located (Ireland), people assume I am trad anyway, because many customers I have picked up have assumed that they would be supplying water for me to use!

I had looked into the idea of going WFP, but decided that it would cause me too may headaches, one of which would be the outlay, and maintenance costs. I like to keep things simple!

One serious question though. Is there any reason why you couldn't charge the same for trad as you would with WFP?

Best wishes,
John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »
Another bright idea richy?I do think your a bit mad! ;D ;D

You d be committing business suicide to build a trad round imo.what if one if your lads falls off and badly injures himself or worse?also you wouldnt be able to clean the awkward windows.

Wfp is far safer,easier and quicker and does a better job.I think you need a check up from the neck up!

Regards

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:28 pm »
i ask me self why do we have to keep repairing stuff.

me wonders what some of you guys do with your gear

g.brookes

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »
re: jonny b, i always sell wfp as cleaning the frames and the sills and standard.  whereas when i was trad, i rarely did the frames, so i charge a higher price cos im doing more work in the customers eyes

peter holley

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines ..... in the 6 yrs I have been water fed , I have lost only 2 days due to equipment probs..... tank, pole pump , filter..... hiose and reel/..... I have a back up for equipmnent on everyrthing......surely  its a must and just common sense.....

taffy

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:10 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines ..... in the 6 yrs I have been water fed , I have lost only 2 days due to equipment probs..... tank, pole pump , filter..... hiose and reel/..... I have a back up for equipmnent on everyrthing......surely  its a must and just common sense.....

taffy
never lost a day

peter holley

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:44 pm »

taffy
never lost a day

tight wod bbbbaaaaAAAHHHHHHH ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 07:25:45 pm »
im considering building a traditional round 3-4 weeks frequency at lower prices as i find it hard to continually maintain the waterfed pole equipment and lose lots of days when equipment breaks.

richy are you a snag short of a barbie mate?
You have more ideas than anyone i know....do you actually follow anything through?
By the way i think there will be a good opportunity in the future for trad cleaning....a bit of a niche market in the future...but certainly not at lower prices.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 07:36:08 pm »

couldnt agree more. as far as breakdowns/downtime I had a pump go on me a couple of years ago but i bought it 2nd hand and i got 2 years out of it.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »
you will be ok richy.........just take the parts you need from your new shop ;D

richywilts

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:53 pm »
i dont think anyone understands how much i have had to replace i do not think its normal we have had so much trouble with pumps and ionic system and our static system, i just think it would be nice to have something to fall back on
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

bobby p

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:40 pm »
iv always wondered why the WFP  guys dont price low and squeeze out the trad guys ,as i read on here how much faster etc it is

i guess its these problems with the system messing it up?

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 08:23:24 pm »

You have more ideas than anyone i know....do you actually follow anything through?
By the way i think there will be a good opportunity in the future for trad cleaning....a bit of a niche market in the future...but certainly not at lower prices.

i agree with you daniel!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

lee09

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 08:26:33 pm »
Your right about the gear, those leaking connectors.
However, to build a trad round charging less but with more risk  ???
Just buy some spares
Lee

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:32 pm »

thats cause i sold you a great pole m8  ;D

richywilts

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 08:32:05 pm »

i dont know why you think its such a crazy idea its building up my business with lower overheads and less stress and hitting areas i wouldnt usually canvass with wfp, i know i have many ideas but that is all they are really
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:56 pm »

sorry mate i thought u were saying it was a daft idea iv just reread your comment bk
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »

Richy i dont think it's a crazy idea....i actually think it's a sound idea.
I was just taking the pee about the amount of ideas you come up with....sorry just my sense of humour.
As i said i reckon that marketing a trad round ...ie.the old fashioned way...will soon become a good sound way of building up a round,but i would defo not be lowering my prices to bring the business in,just base the whole business concept on you leave the windows dry and that will appeal to a lot of the older generation.