Is it really THAT cold?
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »
I think there is some over-reaction going on, surely?

Jackal

Re: Is it really THAT cold?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:39:01 pm »
well the weathers changed for me since earlier today, max temp -5c tomorrow great  :'(  >:(

mci services

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:08:51 pm »
depends where you are ???

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:17:33 pm »
-3 all day tomorrow here. Tomorrow night is forecast to be -8. Fantastic news!!! :(
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Dave Anderson

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 06:46:28 am »
0,6deg here now...almost feels like summer compared to last week...
The more I know the less I know I know ...

boldy1304

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:24:03 am »
-2 here at the mo in cornwall thick thick frost on all the cars on the estate apart from my van thats to toasty

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 07:28:16 am »

Llaaww

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:28:56 am »
-2 here at the mo in cornwall thick thick frost on all the cars on the estate apart from my van thats to toasty

heaters bust in my van.  ::)
if it is dirty it is fair game

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:34:55 am »
it's freezing up here just now but temps have to reach 1 at some point. Also with the large amount of snow we had it is impossible to go into estates and try and park. snow piled up everywhere and mainly 1 lane traffic. Feckin nightmare

Jack Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 07:38:04 am »
Minus 6 here,  :'(

I am sick of this so ordering 2 L5's today. I just hope all the hype is worth the outlay.

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 07:44:05 am »
-8 here now, forecast is top temp of -4.   
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

boldy1304

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:05 am »
question is..... ok you heat your water great but surley it will still freeze on the custys doorstep or somewere they can slip if its cold enough to freeze in your pipes its cold enough to freeze on the floor then were do you stand if a custy slips and breaks there arm or some thing

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:49 am »
-3 and fog here all day :(
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Stewart01

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 07:52:01 am »
-9 here at moment, looks like another weeks plans shot to sh@t!!!!!! At this rate I'll have to sell the van to survive the winter!!!!!!!

john k

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 07:59:04 am »
been to do a pub this morning external pipes on van froze up so i tradded it it was freezing on the glass so ive come home going back out about 10 to give it another go

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 08:04:12 am »
question is..... ok you heat your water great but surley it will still freeze on the custys doorstep or somewere they can slip if its cold enough to freeze in your pipes its cold enough to freeze on the floor then were do you stand if a custy slips and breaks there arm or some thing
That's my main concern too.

We can have all the hot water in the world, ice free pipes etc., but the moment you leave home and get some water into those tiny pipes on the pole (and the reel hose as well), it's likely to freeze.  So you have an L5?  Then that lets you spray water onto some hard surfaces, and that's got to be asking for trouble.

Maybe you could get out and only pick those jobs where there are no paths under the windows and let the water soak into the ground.

Or just stay at home for anohter week.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 08:28:53 am »
I think this is a good question but you have to weigh up the options.

sure someone might fall on ice and break an arm, but someone might trip over my hose in the middle of July and break an arm but it doesnt stop me going out to work.

If you want to find a reason not to work you will, personaly I would rather find ways to get my job done and deal with problems when AND IF they arise.

concept

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:31 am »
-5 in Milton Keynes, not set to get over -2.

Marvellous.

Tom White

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 08:32:48 am »
I've a complex of old people's flats to do; they're about three weeks overdue, but I always get paid monthly.  I clean every six weeks (or I'm meant to) and they pay me the annual cost broken down into monthly payments.  They're very good payers too.

But it's a lot of windows, three weeks overdue (and they'll start complaining shortly; maybe), so we're going to trad the place, which is a pain in the ass.  It's window after ruddy window.  Easy access though.

When's it going to get warmer, anyone know?

boldy1304

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 08:35:06 am »
I think this is a good question but you have to weigh up the options.

sure someone might fall on ice and break an arm, but someone might trip over my hose in the middle of July and break an arm but it doesnt stop me going out to work.

If you want to find a reason not to work you will, personaly I would rather find ways to get my job done and deal with problems when AND IF they arise.

this is very true but when i work in places were people could trip i have my warning signs out untill i pack away and move on you cant do that with ice really yes you could trow salt down but as a couple of custys said last week they dont want it treading into there house i just wait till about 10 and finish a bit earlyer if thats all i can do then thats all i can do