Re: Aquafactor brush is Tucker brush?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:07 am »
The denser the bristles the less I trust rinising 'on'. Hlwever saying that Aquafactors are based only 3 miles from me, i might take a drive down there and browse their brush selection. I assume the stoch thread ln a tucker brush just unscrews then?

Matt

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:42 pm »
The denser the bristles the less I trust rinising 'on'. Hlwever saying that Aquafactors are based only 3 miles from me, i might take a drive down there and browse their brush selection. I assume the stoch thread ln a tucker brush just unscrews then?

Matt

You can just buy the brush without the tucker aluminium head. Water flows very well through the brush, and very little water is retained in the brush. I've checked it numerous times right after cleaning, and the bristle tips are clean. It's very good, been using it again today, and it's great. Will do a minireview sometime.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »

Matt

You can just buy the brush without the tucker aluminium head. Water flows very well through the brush, and very little water is retained in the brush. I've checked it numerous times right after cleaning, and the bristle tips are clean. It's very good, been using it again today, and it's great. Will do a minireview sometime.

Keep us updated please Tim. ;)

edd

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:10 am »
tuckers on the bottom and gardeners on top

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »
Okay here are pictures of my aquafactors brush.  ::)

Being convinced that it was indeed a Tucker, like they told me(!) I already set out to make it lighter. (-50g)

Looks different to me really. What do you think?

Even though I like it this is clearly false advertising and selling a product which isn't the same, and isn't what I asked for.

Alex Allen

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »
if its ok keep it
i would send it back even if it was a tucker
and get the aerial brush  you get more for your money used it friday and it is fast, hassel free just glides over the window
not had a chance to use the scraper so put some sellotape on the window and it took it off and the glue
here the link http: www.wfp-brush.co.uk/promotions 

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 06:57:17 pm »
I've only ever used the following brushes so can only compare them to this brush : Bentley, mono vikan rect, superlite mark 1 and mark 2 (the ones without the indent on the stock) and the Ionics black double trim. I'm comparing it to the SL in the text below, because I think that is the best brush of them all.

Report on the Aquafactors 12" Double Trim brush.

Whether it's a Tucker or not (they still haven't contacted me about it which is kind of annoying) it's a decent brush. Definitely better then the SL I've got.

At stock it's a bit heavier then the SL brush being about 400g including headstock, jets and tubing. Compared to the 300g of the SL mark 2. I've probably been spoiled with the low weight of the SL, but you can really feel an extra 100g. Anyway, I drilled some holes in it and shaved off about 50g.

It splays very well, I never understood dual trim brushes where the inner trim simply didn't engage the glass without pressing down hard on the brush. It defeats the purpose of having a double trim and greatly reduces scrubbing power. This brush does splay very well and fully enables the inner trim to contact the glass, greatly increasing scrubbing power. In lack of another word, it really melts on the glass, if that makes any sense. Now that it's slightly less heavy it needs a bit more pressure on ground floor windows, but it's still fine.

The bristles are fantastic, being clear you can see any dirt in the brush. The brush also retains little water so doesn't get weighed down by it.

The brush stays very clean and is ideal for rinsing with the brush on.

The brush glides very very easily over glass and frames. Just like the SL, on traditional leaded lights it does skip a bit, but it's less. Around 25% less or so I would say.

On recessed Georgian panes there is more resistance I would say then the SL, but on normal Georgian panes there is less resistance.

The brush is much more effective on extreme angles, and can scrub much better on said angles.
Also with spider nests the brush is very effective and just flicks it out, probably due to it having much more bristles.

The original holes are not a great placement for pencil jets. The pencil jets need to be further to the sides, because it makes it much more difficult to rinse corners, often having to lift the brush to one side, or have the bristles hang over the frame. I've now put it about 1.6cm from the sides, which is much more like the SL brush.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 07:42:46 pm »
nice review Tim,

good to see a decent, well balanced comments - may get one to try myself

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Count Phil

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »
The Tucker brush is unbelievably great. Too stiff for leaded though.

The price puts people off.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 04:27:59 pm »
Made two mistakes.

First, I wrote mark 1 and 2 Superlite brush. But I think they were both a mark 1, but the second one had a slight tweak to the bristles, being slightly better in scrubbing. Sort of a mark 1.1 superlite brush that Gardiners offered.

Secondly, the jet placement is ofcourse not 1.6cm from the side. I will measure it in a second to make sure I get it right this time. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 04:41:06 pm »
I've tried that pro-window brush from WCW. Better suited to scrubbing cobble yards, stiff as a board & too long at a full 12"!!! ::)

steven ainger

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »
ive been using the omnipole brush for the last few months, its the same as a tucker, and i like it.
 seems to hold its shape ( using hot or warm at the moment ) good scubbing and nice splay, just would like it to be a little lighter.

anyone else use these brushes, just another option as i think they are a bit cheaper than a tucker

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 06:10:34 pm »
ive been using the omnipole brush for the last few months, its the same as a tucker, and i like it.
 seems to hold its shape ( using hot or warm at the moment ) good scubbing and nice splay, just would like it to be a little lighter.

anyone else use these brushes, just another option as i think they are a bit cheaper than a tucker

Oh everything I've always been told is that it is far from being a Tucker. Have you compared the two? :)

steven ainger

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 05:22:52 pm »
i have compared the 2 and they are very very similar, same dupont bristles etc.
 same holes in for accepting the tucker head stock.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:30 pm »
i have compared the 2 and they are very very similar, same dupont bristles etc.
 same holes in for accepting the tucker head stock.

Very interesting!

What about bristle count, length, placement, angle of splay etc? The problem with brushes is that if one parameter is slightly changed they do behave quite differently.

steven ainger

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 04:01:11 pm »
as i seem to remember, i think the omni brush was very slightly ( and i mean slightly ) stiffer at first.
 if i remember tomorrow i will take a pic of the 2 of them side by side so you can see them.