ts

Re: "starting a war"
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
Mark I was informed they weren't around even as far back as January so folk assumed they were offski. And like the verse says if you live by the squeegee you die by the squeegee.

weetot

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 10:37:41 pm »
there not thugs there just idiots trying there luck shouting about it, a real thug you would have been dealt with before you knew about it, the type that shout there gobs of are idiots, they rely on intimidation tactic , that's all don't loose sleep over them just smile an carry on.

Well said, that man ;)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ts

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »
Gold hope your not counting your time!

edward1

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »
report them to the police .and just carry on.

be inventive

mci services

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:46 pm »
report them to the police .and just carry on.

be inventive

he can't he is not licensed

edward1

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »
 o well thats that then

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 01:02:26 am »
Mark I was informed they weren't around even as far back as January so folk assumed they were offski. And like the verse says if you live by the squeegee you die by the squeegee.

Yeah i sympathise and realise that you didn't know. I don't agree with how they've approached you either.
Am just trying to see an angle that will allow you to get on without any hassle. And i suspect (or hope) that it isn't having competition that has put their backs up, it is probably the fact that you mentioned they weren't coming back.
I'm sure you and others believed it to be true. But the lesson to learn i think is to offer your services without any comments on previous wc's. There is nothing to gain and can only cause bad feeling. Which is what has happened here.
You have as i see it 2 options;
- try and ignore them and carry on building your business.
- Approach them, say you got off on the wrong foot, say it was a misunderstanding and apologise.

The 1st option will always leave you wondering, whenever you see them around, if they are going to hassle you. Or at the very least dirty stares or ignoring you. Which is liveable, but not ideal.
The 2nd gives them the option of giving you verbals and leaving it at that, knowing their pride/ego has been satisfied.

If you are going to be working the same area, it is worth making an extra effort to at least smooth things over. Even if you won't all be good mates. And anyone who is not an enemy, is an ally until proved different.
Good luck with it all.

ts

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 07:40:37 am »
Cheers Mark. I did say that I understood that they were annoyed cos I had said that albeit genuinely. Next time I won't say it. Also said I wouldn't target any of their customers and just keep doing what I have. But they can't lay claim to large towns. Thanks for the input people.

gordonswindows

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 12:22:33 pm »
Maybe your issue is not with the license but it is for me.

You are asking to be treated fair by these bullies yet you treat me with contempt.

Do not work until you have your license and if you use a car do you have the correct insurance ie is it insured for business or are you just ignoring another law and driving on your personal insurance.

Get your own business into line then contact the police and report these bullies.

We had four vans and my car tyres slashed in one night then twice had my cars wheel nuts loosened second time caused me to crash on the motorway.

I am still here and the bullies are long gone. Stick to the rules be legal then you can use the law to help you out at present it is the pot calling the kettle

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

gewindows

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 01:05:10 pm »
the pot calling the kettle Gordon ?

Odd my kettle is called Albert

jsm

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 01:18:47 pm »
well send the pitball up Gav CCC - hell do there windows for free just to p them off  ;D

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

ts

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 01:56:40 pm »
I'm treating you with contempt? I am licensed with two councils and thought this town fell into one as the surrounding villages are. Turns out it's another so I'm getting that sorted.

gordonswindows

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:48 pm »
Mmmmm "i thought"

and your insurance ?
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

ts

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »
My insurance is all up to date and in order. Maybe with all the questioning you might be wanting to sub me some work? Lol

gordonswindows

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 06:36:22 pm »
More than happy to sub you work if we have anything suitable

Gordon

Ps as long as you prove you trade legally
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »
Gold hope your not counting your time!

Nah! I just take a pair of dice to the hall, roll them on the sound desk and put the result in the "hours" column.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!