Mr.G

Which trolley?
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:00:24 am »
Hi, due to a trapped nerve my left foot's now weak, and I'm going to give up using ladders..
What's a good trolley system to get? The prices seem to vary hugely, from under £500 to over £1000, can anyone recommend a good make?

Mr.G

Re: Which trolley?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:05:26 am »
Oh, and my round is entirely domestic, mostly 3/4 bed houses.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:15:43 am »
Make your own......they are easy to do and will set you back half the money as what the suppliers are charging..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:52:05 am »
a lot of windys recommend the pure freedom trolley or xline one.i will be getting the p/f one soon.im going for the 50 lt version so im not going back to top up as often.

the great thing is you can get a hose reel and use it as a van mount for single stand alone accounts and you can bring it in during the cold winter months so no freezing pumps etc.

a big chunk of my work is very compact and parking is a nightmare at times! ::) ;D ;D

i will be gettin some extension hose so ill be able to do 2 houses side by side without moving the trolley.

im not very good at diy and id much prefer to buy a solid tried and trusted trolley that will last a few years.it will get some hammer day in/day out thats for sure!!

beware though as some on here thinj trolleys are too heavy to lug about!if you have back problems you might want to go straight for a van mount!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

s.w.c

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:04:10 am »
i would never get rid of my pure freedom trolley its too useful

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:40:20 am »
I used a Pure Freedom trolley for 3 years, it was great... Now I use a van mount, which I prefer... But the Puire Freedom trolley was a great way of getting into WFP.

Andy

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:12:00 am »
As said above... A lot of guys use x-line, purefreedom or the cleaning warehouse.

I'm in the process of making my own.   
I've got all the parts, just need a little welding doing.

Trolley £20
Pump, battery & charger £105 (can be done cheaper)
25L container £4
Bits and bobs £25

So £154 plus the welding

When I've sorted it ill be posting pitctures
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

D B Services

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »
In my opinion the best trolley on the market by a country mile is the X-Line one.

While the purefreedom one isn't bad the X-Line has features which make it much better to use. Least of all an adjustable handle. If you are dragging a trolley around all day you need to be comfortable or you will end up in pain. The build quality is absolutley superb so it will take a lot of abuse (Which you shouldn't give it) and it will last you years and years. The finish is anodised aluminium which is par superior to powder coating which is used on the perufreedon one. Powder coating scratches a lot and rust can then set in and also it looks bad.

The lads at X-Line are long established window cleaners so they really understand your needs and will give you all the help and advice you need. 

I wouldn't go near a 50 litre trolley for a mixture of work. It's just far too heavy. OK on a big job but not really suitable for much else.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Dan

Martin ccs

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 12:47:43 pm »
i would say it depends on how much you wanna spend.

cheaper option - backpack on diy trolley.

xline and purefreedom trolley are the same almost - both top trollies.

i would say the 50 litre trolley from pf looks good but i can see it being a pain at times.

maybe start off with a backpack from window cleaning warehouse and go from there.

then you need to sort out your poles and water treatments ...........

Mr.G

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 04:08:37 pm »
Thanks for all your replies, I've just had a look at all the trolleys mentioned, they all look MUCH more manageable than the huge thing another company showed me last week!

Do people usually carry a small hose reel on the trolleys, do they fit on the trolley somehow?

I'd like to make one, but I'm in a hurry, I'm losing customers every day as I've been off work a few months now..

Martin ccs

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 04:16:14 pm »
if you are totally new to wfp cleaning then you wanna look into sorting the water stuff before sorting a trolley mate.

Mr.G

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 06:05:11 pm »
Doesn't that come with the trolleys then?  might have known there'd be a catch!

Darranvps

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 07:44:13 pm »
For me it could be the return of the PIG

Does anyone out there have one? I used to make and sell them in 2002/03 with a 100 litre tank, fitted into a blue frame with wheels on. Bit too big for the houses, but great for town centres with little or no parking. You might have bought one through facelift.

kevinc

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 07:47:09 pm »
personally i'd go for the freedom trolley in a kit form as in ro stystem,pole etc unless you have a van then for around the same sort of money go van mounted then get a backpack for the harder to reach/can't be bothered dragging a hose round there type jobs.the freedom trollies do have there little issues as in the water butts falling off when going up and down steps etc but to be fair its still one of the best around,please don't get one of those chinese things 35 litre tanks an all-have one used it twice-pain in the a**e no detachable water butt,not built for the six foot window cleaner just the four foot two inch chinese guy so handle height is too low-hence back ache.choice is yours really if you have a van go for van mounted(you can always expand)if you are in a car go for the trolley,allow room for the water butts though but would still get a backpack just in case (redhatdiving on e-bay 12 litre backpack for £70.00 can't go wrong)hope this helps

kevinc

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »
personally i'd go for the freedom trolley in a kit form as in ro stystem,pole etc unless you have a van then for around the same sort of money go van mounted then get a backpack for the harder to reach/can't be bothered dragging a hose round there type jobs.the freedom trollies do have there little issues as in the water butts falling off when going up and down steps etc but to be fair its still one of the best around,please don't get one of those chinese things 35 litre tanks an all-have one used it twice-pain in the a**e no detachable water butt,not built for the six foot window cleaner just the four foot two inch chinese guy so handle height is too low-hence back ache.choice is yours really if you have a van go for van mounted(you can always expand)if you are in a car go for the trolley,allow room for the water butts though but would still get a backpack just in case (redhatdiving on e-bay 12 litre backpack for £70.00 can't go wrong)hope this helps

cleewindows

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 08:09:09 pm »
get on ebay you will find good deals on pure freedom and xline trolleys that are hardly used for a very good price.
like everyone says stick to 25 litre one and if you need to you can leave it in van as a van system and get a backpck for £100!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 12:07:01 am »
A few people giving advice against a 50L trolley, I strongly disagree.  Yes if it is a fixed tank, the pouring of water is hard work, but why on earth would you want a 25L when you can have a 50L? With a 50L trolley you can have one container on it for your domestic work, and two containers on it when you need that extra water, or your doing a larger commercial job.  When you have 25L of water on a 50L trolley they weigh around the same as a 25L trolley.

My new trolley for instance will house a water heating system, you will have 2 containers on the trolley when you use cold water, if you want to use the heater you take one container out and the HotWash goes in it's place.  Yes it will be heavier than a 25L trolley, but it will allow you to work in freezing weather.  Much the same as a wheeling 25L might be a little easier than wheeling 50L, but it gets lighter after every window, and saves running back and forth for more water.

I wish people would think a bit more before giving advice.

Peter

Darranvps

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 07:55:47 am »
A few people giving advice against a 50L trolley, I strongly disagree.  Yes if it is a fixed tank, the pouring of water is hard work, but why on earth would you want a 25L when you can have a 50L? With a 50L trolley you can have one container on it for your domestic work, and two containers on it when you need that extra water, or your doing a larger commercial job.  When you have 25L of water on a 50L trolley they weigh around the same as a 25L trolley.

My new trolley for instance will house a water heating system, you will have 2 containers on the trolley when you use cold water, if you want to use the heater you take one container out and the HotWash goes in it's place.  Yes it will be heavier than a 25L trolley, but it will allow you to work in freezing weather.  Much the same as a wheeling 25L might be a little easier than wheeling 50L, but it gets lighter after every window, and saves running back and forth for more water.

I wish people would think a bit more before giving advice.

Peter
I agree my first trolley manufactured in Bradford around 2002 was 100 litres. I cant see the benefit of a 25 litre trolley as you will be back and forth to your van all day.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 06:31:05 pm »
im defo gonna get a 50L TROLLEY as i will be going back to the van half as often and it will come in handy.im a big guy so ill be able to handle the weight! ;) ;)

these backpack only users must be forever filling up! ::) ::) ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:11 pm »
im defo gonna get a 50L TROLLEY as i will be going back to the van half as often and it will come in handy.im a big guy so ill be able to handle the weight! ;) ;)
You don't have to be a big guy, you just make sure you are not lifting it full of water.  I have some women using my trolleys.

these backpack only users must be forever filling up! ::) ::) ::) ::)

No not really, the water comes out them very slow compared to a real WFP system, so they are not filling more ofter.  Problem is though it takes longer for them to clean a window.

Peter

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 06:09:23 pm »
Andy from Pure Freedom supllied me mine and with a 250litre tank as well so can be a van system as well as from the car. Is a good system.