dazmond

Re: Ex customers.....
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2024, 06:00:25 pm »
£50 monthly for that, is that monthly  as well.....can't see the front but sounds pretty expensive....although if they are prepared to pay that fair play.

If I have to use my  47ft xtreme for any windows  then it's £50 and upwards,most window cleaners don't have anything longer than a 25 footer where I work
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2024, 06:09:16 pm »
£50 monthly for that, is that monthly  as well.....can't see the front but sounds pretty expensive....although if they are prepared to pay that fair play.

If I have to use my  47ft xtreme for any windows  then it's £50 and upwards,most window cleaners don't have anything longer than a 25 footer where I work

50 quid is a mad price for that, i think my biggest house is £25. I got rid of my 47 footer a few years and have only a 25 now for a reason i cant get drawn into doing stuff like that  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2024, 06:13:43 pm »
I was approached by a fella who lives in the neighbouring house of one of my regular custards today enquiring whether I could clean two windows his regular trad cleaner can’t reach.  Charged him £25.00.

When I’d done them the owner said ’that was quick, our regular cleaner charges us £25 for the whole house’.

I said ‘no he doesn’t, he doesn’t do the two windows I’ve just cleaned’.

Daz, you should be charging a premium for windows like that.

Some people…

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2024, 06:14:01 pm »

50 quid is a mad price for that, i think my biggest house is £25. I got rid of my 47 footer a few years and have only a 25 now for a reason i cant get drawn into doing stuff like that  ;D

If you seen the area where I work you d understand!loads of 1million+ houses,some of my customers even open their gardens to the public in the summer months....
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2024, 06:58:03 pm »
There are several places I clean where you can't buy a property for less than a million, no joke

michael mckeary

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2024, 08:35:08 pm »
Vastly overpricing a job and no chance  of getting it is just foolish..

This is my logic:- Say in 3 years one would have charged a tenner a month so she has saved £360. So why would you go back and clean them for £50? If every customer could get away with it then we would all be out of a job. I do an estate at £16 a house. A guy with a Porsche car next door to the one I clean approached me for a one off at Christmas. I told him it would be £50 and he laughed at me. I told him if I charged any less then all my customers would copy him and I wouldn't have a monthly clean. Anyway, the Porsche is away and his fence blew down. The guy I clean next door is a millionaire and drives a £2k car. My father was a millionaire so I can tell who have money and respect and who don't, the ones who try to show off are usually up to their eyes in debt. You would have thought £50 to a guy with a two year old Porsche is pocket money yet his fence is still on the ground.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2024, 08:59:05 pm »
There are several places I clean where you can't buy a property for less than a million, no joke

Didn't realise you did my road.
It's a game of three halves!

dd

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2024, 10:20:32 pm »

Didn't realise you did my road.
I understand it is full of CIU members.

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2024, 09:02:56 am »
Vastly overpricing a job and no chance  of getting it is just foolish..

This is my logic:- Say in 3 years one would have charged a tenner a month so she has saved £360. So why would you go back and clean them for £50? If every customer could get away with it then we would all be out of a job. I do an estate at £16 a house. A guy with a Porsche car next door to the one I clean approached me for a one off at Christmas. I told him it would be £50 and he laughed at me. I told him if I charged any less then all my customers would copy him and I wouldn't have a monthly clean. Anyway, the Porsche is away and his fence blew down. The guy I clean next door is a millionaire and drives a £2k car. My father was a millionaire so I can tell who have money and respect and who don't, the ones who try to show off are usually up to their eyes in debt. You would have thought £50 to a guy with a two year old Porsche is pocket money yet his fence is still on the ground.

You don't know a Splash and Dash do you? He got a Porsche too.
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2024, 09:30:01 am »
All my custards have porches.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2024, 09:32:29 am »
Both are firemen maybe his alter ego
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk