summit

floor seal
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:07:35 pm »
Can anyone tell me if you can get a floor seal for linolium floors that dries more or less instanty.i need to seal a floor at a hospital with out cllsing the wards down  it is a corridor  between two wards and staff are up and down all day and night. Thanks.

B Bailey

Re: floor seal
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »
Do one side at a time.

summit

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »
I tried that before it was a nightmare.

Billy Russell

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »
the quickest drying seal I've used is tight shine by chemspec

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:20:16 am »
As Billy says Chemspec Tight Shine.

However you do need to use their Floor Sealer first on porous floors such as marmoleum to establish a base if you have stripped back to bare floor. If you are stripping it back make sure you rinse neutralise the floor of any alkalinity and check that your chosen stripper wont permanently discolour the floor.

Leave it a good while to dry out fully before starting to seal and coats will dry faster. Not just visually dry as moisture will still be in the floor. A few hours is best. If I was doing this job and it was a full strip off I would strip it one day and leave it until the following. I would then run a scrubber dryer with neutral cleaner and an SPP pad to clean of any new soiling and apply the coats.

You can apply the sealer in 2 halfs then before putting the tight shine on give it a buff with a blue pad to flatten out the overlap then apply thin coats of tight shine with a microfibre mop. if you have an airmover you can dry it in about 5 minutes.

If you are just cleaning and overcoating try not to go through the existing top coat (unlesss it is damaged or discoloured) this will reduce the number of coats and you can just top it up with the Tight Shine.