Jamie Pearson

Anti Slip Treatments - (Dr Schutz etc)
« on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »
As the other thread has been locked I thought I would share my experience in the world of anti-slip treatments.

As there are many many floor surfaces available out there and installed in a number of locations it is not always a case of one solution fits all.

The Dr.Schutz PU Anti Slip mentioned in the previous thread is a textured topical coating. This is applied using a variety of bonding agents depending on the substrate.

My finsing is that topical coatings are only suitable on cxertain floors and need onsite trial and bonding tests if this is the best approach.

There are also a number of treatments available. Mainly etchers but not always and each project needs to be looked at in its own right to find the best possible solution.

This may be a treatment either chemical or mechanical. A coating or a change in use of the floor.

In almost every situation a change in cleaning regime is usually required.

Because of all of the above I have found it necessary to look at a number of manufacturers products and put together a profile of products that will work for each situation.

steviego1

Re: Anti Slip Treatments - (Dr Schutz etc)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:15 pm »
thanks for that, do not know why the other thread was locked.i will do a little bit more research. :)
( VisionClear )

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:57 pm »
contact Richard nelson at Dr.Schutz in regard to their products.

You need to go to Germany for training etc. as they only use licensed applicators in most situation.

steviego1

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »
Yes.was looking at doing thatat  the turn of the year. Do you ever deal with companies that do floor testing using the pendulum?
( VisionClear )

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 04:36:06 pm »
Yes I do.

Its something we need to expand on and offer the testing in-house.

However that said it is sometimes better using a third party to validate your work.

We use a Slip Alert on site to check improvement levels as its easily transported and fine as an indication for the guys when they need to calculate contact time of product to reach desired levels.

It isn't however recognised by HSE as an official testing machine.