darragh windows

Re: water
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 08:34:14 pm »
if that is your booster pump down the bottem left its either pumping or sucking through a red stop connecter which will reduce its flow
jamie

Highrise

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 08:37:38 pm »
if that is your booster pump down the bottem left its either pumping or sucking through a red stop connecter which will reduce its flow

I will change that stright away.....
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Highrise

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »

Nope, Not changed a thing

darragh windows

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 08:52:25 pm »

Nope, Not changed a thing

sorry i hadnt read your previuos post just seen the pictures sounds like your booster pump is pushing water through membranes two fast i dont have one but can you not turn them down or even put stop connectors at each side to try and slow it a bit
jamie

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56:01 pm »
I know how to do the salt but since putting the booster pump on it has for some reason put my TDS levels up????

The reason for the booster pump was and is the fill the tank up quicker.....

I thought the booster pump was to help the RO and thus give me a lower tds which it has not...

So their for I am now having to do it this way....
how are you checking the salt if flushed through properly before connecting to ro ? and how many salts are you putting in it?

Highrise

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56:13 pm »
When I had the setup in the van the TDS was 6/10 on 800ltrs....

Since moving the setup into the garage and putting a booster pump on the tds is now 30...

Without the booster in tds is 6 to start off with once I have done the backwash with the salt and the RO

I thought the booster pump was and is to help the RO in reducing the levels not making them higher...

I bought the booster for a quicker way in fill the tank up.

Highrise

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 08:58:01 pm »

how are you checking the salt if flushed through properly before connecting to ro ? and how many salts are you putting in it?

by taste and about 3/4 filled

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »

by taste and about 3/4 filled
3/4 filled does that mean it is three quarters filled or 3 or 4 fills ?

Highrise

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 08:59:57 pm »
3qtrs filled

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 09:34:57 pm »
sry I am not being clear enough

your softerning vessal (I am not talking about di resin ok)
you have to regenerate with salt how many times do you add salt to recharge the vessal ?

Highrise

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 09:58:53 pm »
sry I am not being clear enough

your softerning vessal (I am not talking about di resin ok)
you have to regenerate with salt how many times do you add salt to recharge the vessal ?

call me

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 10:37:46 pm »
I thought the booster pump you are now using is meant for 2-300 ROMan systems not 4040???

I use a full 1000 litre tank, 1&1/4inch tubing to push a high volume of water through my 4040 using a clarke booster pump (140 lpm), with waste set to high to keep my TDS down to a minimum and polish off through 2 DI containers into a 2000 litre storage tank ready to transfer into van whenever needed.

4040 low pressure RO works best when using highest pressure under 225 psi.

I've found hot water goes through the R/O much quicker than cold water. My water before RO gets heated from being stored in a tank left basking in the sun (when it's out) from sunrise 'til 4pm.

Highrise

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:51 am »
like this one

Highrise

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 03:35:40 pm »
I thought the booster pump you are now using is meant for 2-300 ROMan systems not 4040???

I use a full 1000 litre tank, 1&1/4inch tubing to push a high volume of water through my 4040 using a clarke booster pump (140 lpm), with waste set to high to keep my TDS down to a minimum and polish off through 2 DI containers into a 2000 litre storage tank ready to transfer into van whenever needed.

4040 low pressure RO works best when using highest pressure under 225 psi.

I've found hot water goes through the R/O much quicker than cold water. My water before RO gets heated from being stored in a tank left basking in the sun (when it's out) from sunrise 'til 4pm.

or is it this one ? and if not where did you buy it from and what is the model number...

s.hughes

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 04:07:43 pm »
You have quite a setup there Highrise, You really arnt the monkey in the pic then

Steve

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:08 pm »
The 1st one is similar to the type I use. The 2nd one is a petrol version and is way to fast for R/O but good for transfering into your tank as it's faster.