Brian Nunn

Public Liability Insurance
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:44 pm »
I am after some PLI, it is just me that needs cover, I would like to be covered in case I damage a customers property  or car. Also for the windows and Conservatories I will hopefully be cleaning soon.

From doing a search on this website for PLI I see that some/most companies do not cover the windows/conservatories that I hope to clean, Gleaming get a good mention but are £184.

I am just starting out and have only earned £10 this week, will be leaflet dropping tomorrow as they arrived today.
Just wondered if there is a more reasonble price that does cover the windows being cleaned for my first year?
Covea are £69, anyone experience with them? No point if they don't cover all I need or pay out when needed.

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Public Liability Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:03:12 pm »
There is already a post just a few down on here about this.

Gleaming are the way to go if you want the full cover.   It only costs about £15 a month.  Worth it for the piece of mind.

I know you are just starting out but that's the drawback of starting up a business.  Like anything else you have to invest before you earn.   

Some will say just the pl insurance will do and they are right for most cases as you still have to pay excess.  But it's up to you if you want full piece of mind. 

Maybe just opt for pl insurance for your first year.  Just make sure you have spare cash to spend if you damage anything.

Only you can decide....

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:05:19 pm »
I am after some PLI, it is just me that needs cover, I would like to be covered in case I damage a customers property  or car. Also for the windows and Conservatories I will hopefully be cleaning soon.

From doing a search on this website for PLI I see that some/most companies do not cover the windows/conservatories that I hope to clean, Gleaming get a good mention but are £184.

I am just starting out and have only earned £10 this week, will be leaflet dropping tomorrow as they arrived today.
Just wondered if there is a more reasonble price that does cover the windows being cleaned for my first year?
Covea are £69, anyone experience with them? No point if they don't cover all I need or pay out when needed.

From experience you will find that the excess will probably be around £250 + so Evan if you are insured it’s not really worth claiming unless you do some serious damage as you have to pay the excess and then for the next 5 years I think it is you have to declare the claim and the premium will go up , we are insured but if the unlikely happens I would pay rather than claim unless it was going to be thousands of pounds . I have Hurd that gleaming are good but not sure about there terms and conditions read the small print carefully to make sure you are coverd for what you think you are , hope you make a success of the new buisness venture

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:08:48 pm »

Is this a joke ? You started out in 2008 didn’t you??  Your past posts give a good read  :)

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:57:40 pm »
whats he been doing for the last 10 years?still thinking about starting up a window cleaning business? ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:48 pm »
whats he been doing for the last 10 years?still thinking about starting up a window cleaning business? ::)roll
Probably took him that long to read all of NathanKaye  back posts  ;D

JJay

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:54:16 am »
I'm here only for couple days and apart from good knowledge that I'm gained, I'm having good fun reading those small fights between you guys.  :D nice one

Gringo

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 12:19:15 pm »
What's the excess on gleaming insurance, anybody know?

Cookie

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 04:30:01 pm »
What's the excess on gleaming insurance, anybody know?

£150 for me.