jouk45

has anyone been effected by this new free w/c system
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:26:35 pm »
i read this on karls blog robinson solutions
if this catches on with customers, surley this will effect a lot of you in the london area, i think if this catches on, many could lose customers, it only started last week,
http://www.1888pressrelease.com/window-cleaning-company-offers-free-window-cleaning-service-pr-191243.html

Ian101

Re: has anyone been effected by this new free w/c system
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:48:57 pm »
load of horlicks  ;D

however just shows their is an untapped market out there if 1 man can get 4 customers as easy as that

StanA

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »
It could catch on but if you do the maths, they will actually need to be charging the 5 customers that are brought in 20% extra for it to pay.  If any of those 5 also go for it, it could get very complicated to run.  If every customer tried it, it would soon propogate to saturation point like many of these multi-level marketing schemes.

formb

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 01:56:51 pm »
We did a similar offer when we started up. We got loads of customers from it but I would NOT recommend it unless you are already paying people to sit around kicking their heels.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:10:34 pm »
this guy was one here trying to promote his company, he claims he use 1 litre of water per house, but wont tell any one how

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:24:41 pm »
this guy was one here trying to promote his company, he claims he use 1 litre of water per house, but wont tell any one how

prob only does one window a month  ???

i remember that post about 1 litre per house.

R W C™

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:39:04 pm »
Lol I remember him coming on here with a link to a you tube vid saying what a great idea a company in london had come up with and how they where a inspiration to him etc etc, but the bloke joined here with the name ncpm and the name of the uploader of the vid was ncpm so he wasbigging up his own business.

Martin ccs

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:43:04 pm »
Lol I remember him coming on here with a link to a you tube vid saying what a great idea a company in london had come up with and how they where a inspiration to him etc etc, but the bloke joined here with the name ncpm and the name of the uploader of the vid was ncpm so he wasbigging up his own business.

hey u have the same work uniform as me! ;D

dont u find it a pain with no pockets for phone etc...

R W C™

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »
yer and the left over web can be a bit annoying  ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 02:47:20 pm »
good on him ::) if it works 4 him :-\ personally i would soon get fed up with doing the free cleans.....
wot if the free house was the biggest bloody house in the street ??? ??? no thanks!

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »
there is only one way for that to work and that is web scrubbing, even using that method you will use at least 4 litres, it does cut your water down by more than half,

prestige cleaners

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »
all the best giving people free cleans, i wouldnt do it. i got a feeling he will just use those custs, then ditch them once hes filled his books.

i get loads of recommendations from my custs and all they get is a thank you. which is how it should be.

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 06:29:27 pm »
It's a great idea and can work well as you simply need to add the price of the 'free' house to the 5 new ones  and your made. Some on here already offer a free clean for new customers.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »
I have been cleaning regulary cleaned windows with 1/3rd litre per min approx -  so maybe he can do it.  8)
Keep an open mind.

Jouk, cannot get on your forum for a week, burnt my lap top out  :'(

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »
how much does a canvesser charge you to get one job. 3x or 4x value. you get the customer to recruit for you and their fee is a free clean. i would guess there are some rules for example if i live in a mansion and i get 4 small flats you are losing big time.
the potential is good, 1 customer gets 4, then those 4 get 4 more and so on. sounds like a pyramid sceme. i get loyalty points with my coffee so why not with my window cleaner.  if it works good luck to the bloke.

chopsie

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 07:09:57 pm »
there is only one way for that to work and that is web scrubbing, even using that method you will use at least 4 litres, it does cut your water down by more than half,
What is web scrubbing?
chopsie

dai

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 09:11:19 pm »
What is web scrubbing?

I think Jouk meant wet scrubbing, it's when you give the pane a squirt at the top, followed by a good scrub with the flow turned off, you then rinse as normal when finished.

daz1977

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 09:36:46 pm »

I think Jouk meant wet scrubbing, it's when you give the pane a squirt at the top, followed by a good scrub with the flow turned off, you then rinse as normal when finished.

might give it a try, help save on water

mileslake

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
I haven't been affected..  Got my 100th post/reply in  ;D ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:35:37 pm »

might give it a try, help save on water
sorry for the late reply daz, dai hit it on the nail, on regular jobs where the first cleans are out of the way, you only need to wet scrub, will save you loads of water, some folk even use the water droplets on the glass after heavy rain fall for wet scrubing,