bwoofie

Britain is not great anymore because...?
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:59 pm »
We seem stuck in our old traditions and ways.
Regarding window cleaning:
Guys, switch to WFP and keep up with the times!
Our younger customers prefer a bit of new technology,
Our older customers love a bit of "new fangled pampering"
Bad results with WFP is the fault of the user, not the machine!
Which would you prefer,,Two feet on a ladder or Two feet on the ground?
Imho,I would recommend that newbies go straight to wfp,rather than using ladders
I bet 20 yrs ago people were arguing that the T bar and squeegie would never replace the chamois leather!
You have just got to move forward in these times or just become one of "the old ways were better" brigade.

mci services

Re: Britain is not great anymore because...?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:03:38 am »
fair enough ;) how do you do insides :P both have there place and i use both methods

takeone

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:10:01 am »
I'm just starting out, this week in fact! (gotta lotta door knocking and leaflet dropping to do  :P) and i'd love to go straight in with WFP but I simply can't afford the set up yet. It's gonna be TRAD and Squeegee 'till I earn some cash.

I'm gonna need training with WFP too before I unleash myself on folk's glass...  :o

mci services

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:21:48 am »
well good luck to you mate hope you do well, nothing wrong with trad, and wfp will bring in work too, as far as i am concerned you kneed to know both methods, and to be fair i think its harder to learn trad than wfp, but good luck

takeone

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 12:47:56 am »
and to be fair i think its harder to learn trad than wfp...

Actually, from what i've seen, it does seem so much easier with wfp. I used to do ladder and roof work all time when I was installing Satellite dishes for SKY. 

...Oh how I said "No more ladders in my life ever again.." when I quit 4 years ago.

Now i'm eating those words.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 06:36:09 am »
It took me allot of practice before I went out to clean someones windows trad, and even then in was about 6 months to a year before I would say I got to full speed.

You definately have to learn the "swivel" method properly, and once you've got that down, boths hands, blade and applicator at the same time, and your away..........

As for britain not being great because everyone hasn't went to water fedpole, what allot of ...........

fair enough ;) how do you do insides :P both have there place and i use both methods

Good qoute stu and I definately agree, both have there place in the industry and will for some time.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:09:29 am »
WFP is a great tool! But I dont think you will eradicate traditional methods. I also would not want to see it eradicated! Plus we still have chamois leather...

Plus lots of people dont clean the vents due to the durt build up. Plus WFP is not green in my opinion. I can several houses or commercials with 1 bucket of water.

I get through litres of water in production and in the actual use of WFP.

Also as stated by Takeone, how will startups afford a WFP system. Its alot of money, and for what really, a converted trolley,or if van mount a plastic tank, and a hose, and battery, fishing pole and a brush. Oh and great marketing on pure water.

Theres running costs with WFP. DI resin at around £69 + vat, filters, spare parts like pumps, flow controls, fues...the list goes on.

How many window cleaners and other have jumped on the ban wagon to sell WFP, AND SUPPLIES. Nearly everyone that can afford to, because it got great marketing and Safety and safety sells the actual products required to make a WFP is so cheap the system is rediculous. It is actually quite cheap if you purchase abroad in large quantities. They sell these products to us at rediculous prices. It a money making get rich quick scheme. But I have to shake their hand as I missed that one. But I soon may go this route as well. Buy abroad in bulk like china, USA its easy money almost over 40% profit some cases alot more.

Also I have certain customers they do not want WFP and visa versa. So not everyone young or old can be converted.

As for Britain is not great, thats crap. Britain is great! Why? because of people like Takeone starting up. The small one man band is what makes Britain what it is today. We are still one of the weathiest countries. Even in this economic climate. If this was not so great here why does everyone come here!

Dave

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 07:27:28 am »
WFP is a great tool! But I dont think you will eradicate traditional methods. I also would not want to see it eradicated! Plus we still have chamois leather...

Plus lots of people dont clean the vents due to the durt build up. Plus WFP is not green in my opinion. I can several houses or commercials with 1 bucket of water.

I get through litres of water in production and in the actual use of WFP.

Also as stated by Takeone, how will startups afford a WFP system. Its alot of money, and for what really, a converted trolley,or if van mount a plastic tank, and a hose, and battery, fishing pole and a brush. Oh and great marketing on pure water.

Theres running costs with WFP. DI resin at around £69 + vat, filters, spare parts like pumps, flow controls, fues...the list goes on.

How many window cleaners and other have jumped on the ban wagon to sell WFP, AND SUPPLIES. Nearly everyone that can afford to, because it got great marketing and Safety and safety sells the actual products required to make a WFP is so cheap the system is rediculous. It is actually quite cheap if you purchase abroad in large quantities. They sell these products to us at rediculous prices. It a money making get rich quick scheme. But I have to shake their hand as I missed that one. But I soon may go this route as well. Buy abroad in bulk like china, USA its easy money almost over 40% profit some cases alot more.

Also I have certain customers they do not want WFP and visa versa. So not everyone young or old can be converted.

As for Britain is not great, thats crap. Britain is great! Why? because of people like Takeone starting up. The small one man band is what makes Britain what it is today. We are still one of the weathiest countries. Even in this economic climate. If this was not so great here why does everyone come here!

Dave
people are leaving here by the thousands and that includes brits as well. Our once great country is in a total mess, for anyone that cannot see this open your eyes! Britain is becoming a joke.
I am patriotic I watch ross kemp on sky1 and watch england games  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:31:21 am »
Ye I agree with that as well, but still people come here. People are also leaving Africa and Spain to come back here.

I still say there are more people comming than leaving! Which wont help the job market.

Dave

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 07:34:37 am »
Ye I agree with that as well, but still people come here. People are also leaving Africa and Spain to come back here.

I still say there are more people comming than leaving! Which wont help the job market.

Dave
untill they change that I cant see some of our problems changing
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:37:14 am »
Actually for a while now me and my wife have thought about immigrating to Spain, but thats not because Britain is in a mess or is not great anymore.

Its the weather! Plus you can get a better, bigger house with pool, and lots of land in Spain for alot cheaper. But we are learning the lingo first. As I am not buying a coastal property I want inland or near the mountains. But I dont think you will get rich in Spain as the wages are lower. I dont think theres much call for window cleaners but I could be wrong.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 07:39:34 am »

Dave

I wanted to say that but was unsure if I would get away with it!

Dave

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:15:03 am »

Dave

I wanted to say that but was unsure if I would get away with it!

Dave
I say what I think  ;D

gary999

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 08:56:17 am »
well make a start ewan and go ;D ;D ;D

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:51 am »
Britain is not great any more because not all w/c'ers are wfp?

I've heard it all now. ::)

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:03:27 am »
Britain is not great any more because not all w/c'ers are wfp?

I've heard it all now. ::)

Ive been trying to work that out and cant fathom the logic.

bwoofie

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:41:17 pm »
[/I do the insides safely on me two feet,on the ground :P
the post was not done in the intention of knocking Britain ta]

pingu

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »
The people of the UK are great but....the gov't and all the other pigs with their noses in the trough and just leaving their 'mess' for all you lot to live and breath in.

I feel sorry for the UK...as week after week some minister or other is caught with their hand in the till and lets face it...after a couple of days it all dies down and is brushed under the carpet and forgotton....

Would I return..only if their was no other option...so a last resort...have pulled all my last remaing assets out of the UK and I'll watch it sink with a tear in my eye.

Dave.

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 04:01:13 pm »
load sof people leave but at the end of the day this country is still great. it ofers many things to loads of people.

make of it what you will but  i for one am glad i am a citizen of the UK

cozy

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 05:01:00 pm »
I think Britain is still great.! ::) (typed while sitting at a safe distance)

bwoofie

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »
I bet 20 yrs ago people were arguing that the T bar and squeegie would never replace the chamois leather!

what a load of bull, t bar and squeegie had been king since the early 70s  ;D ;D
That may be stan,but not whilst perching on the top fifth rung of a ladder.

Chameleon

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:39 pm »
Britain hasn't been great for ages!
No-one calls it Great Britain anymore!

We are referred to as either Britain, United Kingdom or just the UK!

I had this were British attitude when serving in Germany, We won the war you know?
... what a way to influence people and make friends! ::)

To infer that we are Great would suggest that other Nations are lesser beings!
It could be construed as rude! ::)

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 10:30:29 pm »
The 'Great' originates from the arrogance of the Empire.

Are we still Great? I hope not, but we are still great.

bwoofie

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »
Britain hasn't been great for ages!
No-one calls it Great Britain anymore!

We are referred to as either Britain, United Kingdom or just the UK!

I had this were British attitude when serving in Germany, We won the war you know?
... what a way to influence people and make friends! ::)

To infer that we are Great would suggest that other Nations are lesser beings!
It could be construed as rude! ::)

Of course people call it Great britain.

Chameleon

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 11:21:47 am »
Sorry to disagree!
But Uk is the norm!
Ask the next American you meet, ask his where he comes from... most will say
 "The States"
Ask any English man where he comes from... The UK or United Kingdom.

If a foreigner heard you say GREAT Britain!
The first thing they might say in there mind is... Great... for what?

Football? most of the best paid footballers are foreign!  ::)
Winning War's... Don't ask any American... they won the second you know! ;D
Not that it's all bad of course...
We do have a very good reputation of being Larger Louts on the continent!

(in case Tosh reads this... Yes we have the Best Armed Forces in the world, second to done!)
But ask yourself is that really what we want to be GREAT (proud) about?

simon knight

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 03:32:19 pm »

(in case Tosh reads this... Yes we have the Best Armed Forces in the world, second to done!)

I think the Israelis would disagree.

bwoofie

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 04:01:20 pm »
i think you are mistaken.
Uk maybe the norm but the official name of the UK is United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
A bit of a mouthful but there you go.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 06:04:03 pm »
how did we get from wfp and t bars to great britain or uk
of course britains Great we have the best football side in the universe the whole of
the cosmos

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:03:35 pm »
how did we get from wfp and t bars to great britain or uk
of course britains Great we have the best football side in the universe the whole of
the cosmos

Who's that then? Scotland? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

kenaltobelli

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:38 pm »
the two best teams  man utd and utd reserves

Chameleon

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 10:07:42 pm »
the two best teams  man utd and utd reserves
I don't know anything about football at all.
But it seems to me that everything has changed, when I was a lad Manchester united represented Manchester... Leeds United,  Leeds... Coventry City, Coventry etc
Now-a-days it seems team names only represent who can pay for the best players no matter where on earth they come from.
I heard of a sheik buying one player for millions the other day
David Beckham is in Italy? I think!
I just don't know how the football teams have the nerve to put a name to them anymore, I watched a sketch on tv about a football coach talking to his team, he had to speak to each one individually in different languages... funny but probably true!

bwoofie

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 10:43:21 pm »
Thats the point of my post chameleon, just because things arent what they used to be,doesnt mean we have to cling onto tradition, we have to go with the flow and keep up with the times, change and prosper or dont change and be forever a moaner :)