peter holley

Re: Went looking for a window cleaner
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:29:28 am »
16 yrs,..... :o :o :o madness....madness    no wonder im busy.... but not a "busy fool"
some people will pay a\ lot of money for a reliable wc and its CASH!!!!

we are on the look out for money ...not status...cash is king ;D

The rich man thinks of the future, the poor man thinks of today.   ;D

everyday is life...live the life...viva la vida

peter holley

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 12:47:43 pm »
i have minimum charge or a price that reflects the inconvenience of the location...however i still turn work away, but not work that is a few (3 0r more houses together) if i am in that area....

i am also more flexible these days as we enter a recession even though my buisness is still growing, i dont know what lies ahead, and so i want to be prepared to weather the storm.

i also prioritise my work , and only do my worst paying jobs when i have the time, this means i am sometimes a couple of weeks late on these jobs.

i know i am making good headway as i am always refining and adjusting my prices etc.

ftp

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 02:42:31 pm »
Likewise, if i get turned away for whatever reason then they go to the bottom of my list of priority jobs. I might not turn up again for another month or longer. Customers like that are no good to me.

peter holley

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 02:48:31 pm »
Likewise, if i get turned away for whatever reason then they go to the bottom of my list of priority jobs. I might not turn up again for another month or longer. Customers like that are no good to me.

it also sends out the message that you dont need them as much as they think you do...