m.b.s.

45 FT LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINIUM WATER FED POLE
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:54:25 pm »
does any one use one of these as i may have a 4 story office block on the cards
but the sl is out of my price range at the moment just wondered what it was like if it was heavy at that height and how flexible it is at that might also what the clamps were like and the overall length closed any help please thanks in advance ;)

LWC

Re: 45 FT LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINIUM WATER FED POLE
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »
i dont know but im guessing big and bulky and dam heavy, try and stretch to the sl mate, well worth it in long run

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:24:38 pm »
i dont know but im guessing big and bulky and dam heavy, try and stretch to the sl mate, well worth it in long run
yes m8 i know about the sl but its out of my leuge m8 but if get this job it will need doing straight away so thought it will tied m over till i can afford the sl  ;)

sjm

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
Just a thought , maybe somone could lend you one ?  :-\

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:17 pm »
Just a thought , maybe someone could lend you one ?  :-\
i could borrow one of those unger carb the ones you screw together i think they are well over a grand but i have used it and it is way too heavy it will reach at least sixty foot but like i say i don't like it one bit but may use it the once if i get the job at least if i do get it and use it the money could go towards the money i was going t o spend and maybe the sl will come my way fingers crossed

sjm

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »
Ionic Carbon 60' Water Fed Pole- Window Cleaning

sjm

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:54 pm »
oops , look at ebay there is one on there . ;D ;D

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:16:01 pm »
Theres a brand new one ebay  but he could of put a better photo on, and theres a 60 foot ionics on there too and its in the next town to me.

chris

steve a

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:44:42 pm »
Mbs, it says on your website you work up to 60 ft with WFP, why not use that one to do the 45 ft, or were you stretching the truth a little ;)
Good luck with the hunt, i've never used an ally one, so can't advise.
Steve

cvdewsbury

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:05 pm »
invest in yourself MBS and by hook or by crook get yourself your pole :P  ps its not those offices up at c***o* were your in is it?

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 11:33:48 pm »
MBS, i had that alu pole your asking about. It was heavy to lift up, bent over like a rainbow, and swooped and sloshed about all over the place up high. The sections flex allot, and it felt like it would snap fully extended trying to lift it up as it bent so much. The clamps are #rap= glorified jubilee clips and the sections swivel inside each other, horrible pole to work. On the good side, the brush was nice. :-)

charlie2

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:43 pm »
{rap dont buy one 

sjm

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 11:39:21 pm »
MBS, i had that alu pole your asking about. It was heavy to lift up, bent over like a rainbow, and swooped and sloshed about all over the place up high. The sections flex allot, and it felt like it would snap fully extended trying to lift it up as it bent so much. The clamps are #rap= glorified jubilee clips and the sections swivel inside each other, horrible pole to work. On the good side, the brush was nice. :-)

LOL

Russell oxley

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:24:04 am »
how much are the 45ft aluminium poles?

stracey

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:37:46 am »
Hi Trax window cleaning based in south yorkshire, we have a man + SL2 60ft,
could we come to a day rate for hire?

Give us a call 07711871077

dd

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:23:38 pm »
If it is one from Stream IMO don't buy it. I have 24 foot version and it is not a good pole. Definitely would not use it at 45 foot.

m.b.s.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:43 pm »
invest in yourself MBS and by hook or by crook get yourself your pole :P  ps its not those offices up at c***o* were your in is it?
it could be why you ask and how do you know i am in at col**n

m.b.s.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 12:51:16 pm »
Mbs, it says on your website you work up to 60 ft with WFP, why not use that one to do the 45 ft, or were you stretching the truth a little ;)
Good luck with the hunt, I've never used an ally one, so can't advise.
Steve
no m8 not stretching the truth at all as i said in one of my earlier post i can borrow a 60ft unger but i do not like it so the web is telling the truth ;)

m.b.s.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 01:42:37 pm »
it could be why you ask and how do you know i am in at col**n

you said you worked up there previously I jog along further up the rd at G,fth and had quoted on one of those new offices myself...for but didn,t hear anything back.
no probs m8 can i be cheeky and asked what you quoted and what type was it 2sory 3stry ect ect if you dont want to post on hear email please m8 as could do with a bit of a price idea

tomy jackson

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »
try harres pole on top take top bit of harris pole dill rivets out put that diecly on to top of 35ft pole . take handel off harres pole & pop the other pole in harres . drill hole inbotom section about harfe way up put self taper in  ,& a way you go   ,  its good to see youv got a bit of com well dun