callum99

2 man set up
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:36:33 pm »
Hi all, just trying to get some ideas on changing to a 2 man setup, would it just be a question of y splitter from tank then just double everything else, ie pump controller and battery,, not to sure, advise much appreciated, need to get my son working 😂🤣😂🤣

Smudger

Re: 2 man set up
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:39:23 pm »
Yes,a Y or T will do with each leg leading to its own pump and reel, and controller of course although I think you can get a single controller to operate 2 pumps

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 06:51:51 am »
You can but one pole will always get more pressure than the other, it's OK as a temporarily solution but otherwise just buy two pumps.

james peters

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 07:57:57 am »
I have always found on regular domestics, its faster with the second person using a back pack.   

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 10:30:15 am »
I have always found on regular domestics, its faster with the second person using a back pack.

with a proper van setup its shouldn't be.

i cant imagine anything is quicker than 2 bolted on hose carts

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

alank

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 12:09:45 pm »
Tried with back packs and manual reels in my opinion two operators should both use reels from van mount  preferably electric reels. I've used most configurations in the past and hands down i find two reels is the winner.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 05:55:41 pm »
1 from the side of the van 1 from the rear 👍

Steven Biggs

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 10:38:02 pm »
Tried all ways . We have 2 vans , both with a reel mounted and a trolley . All our work is compact ,except a few stand alone mansions .  so works for us . One grabs the trolley does the awkward house , theres one on every street . The other starts near the van . Usually moving the van without reeling in . Sometimes the trolley sits behind the van filling while working . The van I was in did 37 houses today . The trolley was lifted out only twice. No other barrels lifted out either . Although sometimes one is left outside a house as back up . When you both know the round it really is the best way . We are also never on the same house. Makes us laugh when we see 2 guys on a semi .

Steven Biggs

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:24 pm »
I usually give my lad the choice on a morning . Reel or trolley . I reckon at least 3days he goes for the trolley .