Dry Clean

Re: £60-£80 an hour target for cream jobs
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2017, 11:27:45 am »
My brother works for the local council.

He has been there 10 years and has never had a sick day ever.

He earns not much over minimum wage but he loves it as they get good perks. 7 weeks paid holiday a year (rises up to a max of 8 weeks with length if service) which is way above the minimum and they get a great pension. He also is allowed to use half his holiday entitlement to take off every Friday (half day fridays) so only works 4 days a week.

In my last job before being self employed I worked for 8 quid and hour as a del driver.
I stuck that job because the amount of work they have us each day only really was enough to last us till about 1pm that meant the rest of the afternoon till 4:30 we could just toss one off and do nothing. Basically as long as you completed the job sheet  they were happy and knew that we were tossing each other off a few hours each day but didn't care. Spent most of my afternoons doing a bit of shopping or having a kip. Was great.

Point is if you look after your employees they will work for peanuts.

Sounds like a great job!  ;D Why ever did you leave  ???

Started to have problems with his eyesight, lol.

Stoots

Re: £60-£80 an hour target for cream jobs New
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:43 am »
My brother works for the local council.

He has been there 10 years and has never had a sick day ever.

He earns not much over minimum wage but he loves it as they get good perks. 7 weeks paid holiday a year (rises up to a max of 8 weeks with length if service) which is way above the minimum and they get a great pension. He also is allowed to use half his holiday entitlement to take off every Friday (half day fridays) so only works 4 days a week.

In my last job before being self employed I worked for 8 quid and hour as a del driver.
I stuck that job because the amount of work they have us each day only really was enough to last us till about 1pm that meant the rest of the afternoon till 4:30 we could just toss one off and do nothing. Basically as long as you completed the job sheet  they were happy and knew that we were tossing each other off a few hours each day but didn't care. Spent most of my afternoons doing a bit of shopping or having a kip. Was great.

Point is if you look after your employees they will work for peanuts.

Sounds like a great job!  Wish I worked there, I like being tossed off by men in vans ;D Why ever did you leave  ???

Too much tossing it off get boring regardless of who's doing the tossing  :-*