AuRavelling79

Re: canvassers very professional
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 09:12:35 pm »
Personally I wouldn't canvass Eskimos! ;D

They don't need tents they've got igloos.
It's a game of three halves!

Wildfire Canvassing

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 10:52:55 pm »
Funny how old N Collins hasnt been back on. (Im guessing he will real soon though ;D)

Seriously though just pay and advertise and do it properly as your not coming across professional at all with your how great you are speech not turning anyone away!, pay and get a decent website built where your easily found, that way you wont need to come on forums making out your the best thing since sliced bread. Show some happy clients(not just 1 or 2)  that can back up your statements and if the work you target is any good.
I don't think anyone will be as good as Mark Whizzbizz for  canvassing and keeping to his word, he has been out there for 4/5 years now and always is fully booked so id say he is the safest bet to use although you will have a waiting list before he will start but that to me speaks volumes that he has companies queuing up to use him.

Mod note: If you want to advertise, contact admin first.

Mick Kent

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 09:32:30 am »
Fair do's then.
Although the front only hits Mark gets shows he is not greedy as 99 percent of the customers will want there backs doing after the first clean too meaning the window cleaner cant lose as long as they do a good first clean, and with the first clean being just the front it means can spend that extra time getting it right. I think its clever how he goes for the front only without the greed to charge x2/x3 for whole houses like i used too as was only in it for the greed and quick pound note from guys who wouldnt canvass themselfs(not to say i ripped anyone off) as i always replaced dropouts or refunded money back. It is a verey clever way Mark does it which keeps him at top.
Its not hard to be listed on first page google as a window cleaning canvasser as there arnt many at all about.
If your hapf as good as Mark im guessing you will do well.

Smurf

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:25 am »
I'm my forma life many years ago I was a dg salesman too.
That is probably why I don't find it that difficult to gain work unlike  some as if you can sell a front door at £700 (30 odd years ago) you can sell anything. That was on my first day being given a single front door lead  that no one wanted to do . When I came back with the order even the sales manager was impressed. lol

jvincent

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 10:22:09 am »
We have used wildfire for over 2  years now and have spent +£30K with them in total. We have always found him trustworthy and the work is well priced. We have just agreed another 2 years of Wildfire's services and are very pleased.

Smurf

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 10:37:26 am »
Can I ask how many franchises do you have now James?

Wildfire Canvassing

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:02 pm »
Can I ask how many franchises do you have now James?
Not enough  ;D

Wildfire Canvassing

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:21 pm »
That is probably why I don't find it that difficult to gain work unlike  some as if you can sell a front door at £700 (30 odd years ago) you can sell anything. That was on my first day being given a single front door lead  that no one wanted to do . When I came back with the order even the sales manager was impressed. lol
I think being thrown in the deep end in that world does something to a man it makes you realise anything is possible if you can find the confidence to just ask for the business in whatever your selling, I'm impressed Smurf i bet you were a bit shaky filling out the contract, my first contract needed totally re writing lol.
Is your surname Murphy or is Smurf just a nick name? as I'm a Murphy and was called Smurf whilst growing up and some of my older friends still call me it some times

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2017, 11:42:35 pm »

I think being thrown in the deep end in that world does something to a man it makes you realise anything is possible if you can find the confidence to just ask for the business in whatever your selling, I'm impressed Smurf i bet you were a bit shaky filling out the contract, my first contract needed totally re writing lol.
Is your surname Murphy or is Smurf just a nick name? as I'm a Murphy and was called Smurf whilst growing up and some of my older friends still call me it some times

We might even be related. lol

NWH

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2017, 12:12:20 pm »
Be careful I know someone who handed over quiet a lot of money to one of these setups turned out the work was sold over and over.

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2017, 06:40:26 pm »
Quite.  ::)roll

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2017, 06:54:45 pm »
Quite.  ::)roll

Makes you wonder if NWH can actually read?  ;D ;D
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2017, 07:12:09 pm »
Or Touareg Arabs.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Klean07

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2018, 10:40:01 am »
I haven't been on here since as I'm out trying to build my business, I was only letting other window cleaners know that I had found this company good to deal with, I have nothing to gain from promoting them and if they don't deliver I will let everyone know. It makes no sense to waste time door knocking if you got the money to get a company to get you a lot more work in a short space of time while I'm out cleaning
One year on; Are you still around?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2018, 02:32:19 pm »
Or Touareg Arabs.

No such thing. They're Berbers. Call them Arabs and you'd have your dangly bits removed and sewn into your mouth.
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.