easy clean

Aworka v cleaner planner
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:48:20 am »
As title says, cost difference, ease of use, support, etc......

All opinions much appreciated

Jon

sunshine windows

Re: Aworka v cleaner planner
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:42:57 am »
Never tried Aworka, but can't fault CleanerPlanner for ease of use, value for money, customer service (Rob is always very willing to listen and take onboard any suggestions) and updating the programme with new features.

I was very dubious about any form of round software initially, but am so glad I chose Cleanerplanner, as even a little thing like planning the next batch of work must save me 15 mins a time. I used to delete everything manually from excel each month.

My vote goes to CleanerPlanner!  ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Spursboy1972

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:46:31 am »
Cleaner Planner without doubt or hesitation
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:53:21 am »
Thanks guys and hi Jon - looking forward to some good discussion on this :)

Jon - your website/company name rang a bell and I see you signed up for a trial back in April. Cleaner Planner has moved on a fair bit since then! I'm more than happy to restart your trial so you can take the software for a proper spin (perhaps alongside Aworka so you can decide which you prefer). Simply drop me an email (rob@cleanerplanner.com) and I'll reactivate your account and walk you through the basics in terms of adding/importing jobs, creating worksheets and syncing to the mobile app (if you need/want me to). I can also explain how the SMS and GoCardless integration works if you're interested. Also very happy to run through things over the phone if you prefer - many get up and running much quicker this way.

May I ask what software you use currently (if any)? Not a problem if you don't use anything currently, I've helped quite a few people make the transition from paper now :)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:55:26 am »
Trialed both and CP was far easier to pick up and understand - coming from a long term george user. It is truly cutting edge with text integration and direct debit integration and other thing also in the pipeline. Get great support from Rob who is always very responsive to any questions or issues u may have , i cant praise Rob or CP highly enough.

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:02:37 pm »
Hi Jon,
I use Aworka (from George) and looked at C/P while Rob was at the developing stage and have just finished a months trail with it.
I would echo completely what is being said of Rob's customer service, his readiness to help and respond to further development/improvements. Rob developed a 20 day, monthly round to suit my working practice for me (sorry mate lol)

I have stayed with Aworka purely on price.
The slow speed of development seems to chuff some off, but as a sole trader so long as I can email invoices, see the round on my phone or tablet and can manipulate the days or weeks work, then thats currently enough for me.

I would say try them both and get a feel for which you prefer, you will not make a mistake by going with either.

Tony

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »
I jumped ship from Aworka to Cleaner Planner (pretty daft thing to do when I'd already paid up front!).
Rob seems keen as mustard to help and make his programme as good as possible whilst Chris doesn't seem quite so bothered.
Both good software programmes - Aworka is better price wise but I found the colours a bit baffling.
Cleaner Planner has the edge on support I feel with a faster response time to any problems and is keen to listen to future suggestions via it's own forum. I prefer the mobile app too.

Try it - doesn't cost anything for the trial and no obligations either which can't be bad.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:22 pm »
i think that rob and his program is the dog boll-ocks

Fin Clearview

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:48 am »
I have been using CP for a week now after I ditched an app that I had developed about 3-4 years ago. I paid almost 2k for that to have it how I wanted but to cut it short it was glitchy and the developer was mega busy and problems took a while to get resolved..then I tried Aworka, seemed ok online but app was not half as good as CP, and from what I read on CIU Chris' updates seemed slow and that was what made me take a look at CP.
At first like others have said CP can be confusing with a lot to take in (online), but once I got going, it's great. It covers all the bases. The only issue I have is that I'm working on a Mac Air and can't fit all the page in so I have to scroll to view it all.
The app is a major pull. I want to do as much of my work on the move, time at home for me isn't getting a laptop out. This has been a real success this week, no glitches, syncs to the online every time even with a crap signal on the phone and has as much info as required (bar a couple of minor improvements that Rob is working on).
Now onto the support, Rob has been superb with my questions this week, has probably emailed/spoke to me on a daily basis guiding me through. He also said that he is working on some online video tutorials to help us all out. The support is critical in the early days of building your own database to me so this plus the CP system meant Aworka isn't as good.
Price  - yes it's a little more but many rave on about Gardiners and easily spend a lot of money on the best pole and IMO CP is the best database tool I've seen so far and also Rob seems very committed to improving it.
It's a no contest in my humble opinion.

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:45:50 am »
Gotta love Aworka simple and straight forward to use very easy to get your head round as a single user it does everything i need almost apart from GoCardless intergration but at £10.00 a month is it worth paying an extra £15.00 for CP .

I dont use Aworka app i just have the full site page saved on iphone screen and can check planner email invoices etc as i can get 3g most places i work .

Fin Clearview

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »
Gotta love Aworka simple and straight forward to use very easy to get your head round as a single user it does everything i need almost apart from GoCardless intergration but at £10.00 a month is it worth paying an extra £15.00 for CP .

I dont use Aworka app i just have the full site page saved on iphone screen and can check planner email invoices etc as i can get 3g most places i work .

It's £15 per month for single basic plan. For this I reckon it's worth the extra £5 :)

LWC

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 09:37:30 pm »
The only issue I have is that I'm working on a Mac Air and can't fit all the page in so I have to scroll to view it all.

How do you mean you cant fit it all onto the page? Do you mean from left to right? If so if you right click the sub headings it brings up "column" and you can select what you wanna see, ive closed alot, just got the info i want up there.

Ill reiterate how good CP is...really happy with it.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:13 pm »

He wanted GC integration. For that he would be paying £25

It's £15 per month for single basic plan. For this I reckon it's worth the extra £5 :)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 12:10:38 am »
The only issue I have is that I'm working on a Mac Air and can't fit all the page in so I have to scroll to view it all.

How do you mean you cant fit it all onto the page? Do you mean from left to right? If so if you right click the sub headings it brings up "column" and you can select what you wanna see, ive closed alot, just got the info i want up there.

Ill reiterate how good CP is...really happy with it.

Thanks mate I had already removed some column's but i still have to scroll, it's no big drama though as if i need to see
debts i just go into that page.

Sorry i didn't realise the GC was on the £25 package.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 11:58:04 am »
Hi all I have never used Aworka  so not qualified to compare the two but recently started to use Cleaner planner. 2 months in and I find it really useful - it takes most of the hassle out of arranging the rounds and does so much more. When it comes to keeping track of customers owing money it gives me a list and even sends invoices to them all if thats how you want to set it up.
I suffered a stroke in September so I am having to employ staff to get the work done and the customers happy so using this software has made it easier when it comes to presenting all the relevant info on the worksheet plus its great for setting a time against each job so I am able to use it to help me predict how much work the others can get through without under or over loading them. Also because I have 4,6 &8 weekly jobs it means I can use the software to schedule everything so much easier. For 50p a day I would recommend a try - but theres a free 1 month trial anyway so nothing to lose!

MNWC

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 12:33:07 pm »
Cleaner planner is the Gardiner's of round management  ;D

Trev Jones

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »
Cleaner planner is by far the best software and does far more than anything out there now, it has new developments/improvements added every week. Rob the developer is easily to get in contact with and is constantly working on the software, he listens to everyone and puts the window cleaners needs first. Its one of the best business decisions I have made this year and saves me a huge amount of time and helps make your company that little bit more professional with the invoicing/quotes and keeping track of the accounts.