Pro-Poler

Re: Window cleaning franchise for sale - Southampton area
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2013, 05:42:00 pm »
I can only see this being the case if the occupier of the property signed the contract surely the customer would have grounds to choose who they want they could be dissatisfied with the franchise holders replacement even the franchise holder themselves, the customer may even speak up in court expressing a desire to choose who they want to carry out work on their property.

dave0123

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2013, 05:47:08 pm »
I can only see this being the case if the occupier of the property signed the contract surely the customer would have grounds to choose who they want they could be dissatisfied with the franchise holders replacement even the franchise holder themselves, the customer may even speak up in court expressing a desire to choose who they want to carry out work on their property.

you acting stupid on purpose now or something? lol

your just repeating questions that have been answered. NO ONE HAS SAID the house holder can choose who ever they want to choose... but the the ex franchisee can not clean the windows its the ex-franchisee is the person limited not the house holder.

If there disatified with the franchise's replacement or even company as u say.. then you get another window cleaner or don't use there services.
Dave.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:40 pm »
The way to do it would be for your wife/partner to start a window cleaning business & you then become employed by them! :)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

Yes, anything could happen (in an infinite universe, pigs could indeed fly) but you seem to be suggesting that the customer might be able to force the ex-franchisee to clean their windows despite the fact that the ex-franchisee would be in breach of contract with the franchisor.

And are you seriously suggesting that the customer would attend a court hearing about a civil case between two companies to get the judge to force someone to clean their windows?

OK, let me give you an analogy...

Hang on, it's not worth it is it?  You've caught me like this before and I know that you'll come up with another "what if", so unless you have a serious question I can't be bothered to address it.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 05:51:24 pm »

your just repeating questions that have been answered. NO ONE HAS SAID the house holder can choose who ever they want to choose... but the the ex franchisee can not clean the windows its the ex-franchisee is the person limited not the house holder.

If there disatified with the franchise's replacement or even company as u say.. then you get another window cleaner or don't use there services.

Dave, don't get sucked into this; it's really not worth it.  It's like trying to swim in treacle, difficult and pointless.

Vin

dave0123

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:02 pm »
[quoteThe way to do it would be for your wife/partner to start a window cleaning business & you then become employed by them!][/quote]

Dont think that's allowed either same with employment contracts as you still woudn't be allowed to clean any of the houses employed self employed or director etc
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:08 pm »
Dave, don't get sucked into this; it's really not worth it.  It's like trying to swim in treacle, difficult and pointless.

Vin

am not going to reply any more  ;D its like talking to a wall.. all the same situations could happen with staff, however i actually think it would be more likely for a employed staff member to try steel customers than a franchisee or ex-franchisee.

Good luck with it mate
Dave.

Pro-Poler

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »

No need for the abuse just trying to clarify the legal situation that's all If I was I just repeating questions that I saw answered then I wouldn't be asking them? I have seen many arrangements over the years with window cleaning enforcing contract agreements in a court of law could expose a lot of grey areas that's all.  

Pro-Poler

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »
The way to do it would be for your wife/partner to start a window cleaning business & you then become employed by them! :)
One of many alternative arrangements that have come to my mind

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2013, 06:14:37 pm »

No need for the abuse just trying to clarify the legal situation that's all If I was I just repeating questions that I saw answered then I wouldn't be asking them? I have seen many arrangements over the years with window cleaning enforcing contract agreements in a court of law could expose a lot of grey areas that's all.  

Ok how about this situation.

I take on a Franchisee and after 12 months he says he will not pay my % and he is going to take all the customers our contract says belong to me.

He CAN do that and the customer may let him carry on, however, he is now in breach of contract as he signed to say he wouldn't do this.

No doubt you are still with me.

Who owns the customer = me
Who cleans the customer = whoever the householder wanted

I may NEVER get to see that customer again or ever clean his windows again however, I'm not really bothered about the customer and who he chooses. I go after the Franchisee who has broken our contract.

I win damages in the civil court and he pays me damages that will equal or exceed any value that the 'customer' would have brought going forward. The franchisee looses his house in the process all for not keeping the agreement.

Does this help?

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
Hi vin.

I have only read about half of this thread. It is your answers that interest me the most. From your answer, i could tell what the question is. I'm impressed with how you are handling this.

You have done your homework and know your subject field. You have replied swiftly with accurate facts and figures, been honest and polite. I am not interested in a franchise, I am too far away. But if I was, how you are handling this along with your knowledge would give me immense confidence as a potential franchisee. This is not a half-baked business proposition from which you hope to be rich.

I too have been doing homework but in a different field. I have only recently broken cover about my ideas and proposals. It takes guts eh???!!!  :) I too have come in for some flack and had to answer some tricky questions, which I have tried to do honestly and factually. You say you have other reasons apart from money for doing this. I maybe have an insight into those as they may be similar to mine with my project.

I think you have handled this with aplomb. You have been exemplary to some other members of the forum who's only aim seems to be to drag down and tear apart. I for one applaud you and wish you all of the success your ideas, homework and efforts deserve.  :)

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »
One of many alternative arrangements that have come to my mind

No, the contract more likely than not states that they cannot approch or clean in the 10 mile radius for a full year.

One of my chaps set up frachising and the agreement is quite tight.

Paul_Evans

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2013, 06:21:53 pm »
It looks very much to me like it's a very good idea. By the way, Perfect Windows seems to have got himself a stalker lol!! Enrique seem to have some sort of fixation with him. I suspect he's a tad jealous  ???

Perfect Windows

« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »
Hi vin.

I have only read about half of this thread. It is your answers that interest me the most. From your answer, i could tell what the question is. I'm impressed with how you are handling this.

You have done your homework and know your subject field. You have replied swiftly with accurate facts and figures, been honest and polite. I am not interested in a franchise, I am too far away. But if I was, how you are handling this along with your knowledge would give me immense confidence as a potential franchisee. This is not a half-baked business proposition from which you hope to be rich.

I too have been doing homework but in a different field. I have only recently broken cover about my ideas and proposals. It takes guts eh???!!!  :) I too have come in for some flack and had to answer some tricky questions, which I have tried to do honestly and factually. You say you have other reasons apart from money for doing this. I maybe have an insight into those as they may be similar to mine with my project.

I think you have handled this with aplomb. You have been exemplary to some other members of the forum who's only aim seems to be to drag down and tear apart. I for one applaud you and wish you all of the success your ideas, homework and efforts deserve.  :)

I'm touched, Steve, genuinely.

The thing about this is that it feels like a bigger step than starting out in the first place.  The responsibility rests heavily on me.  There's a guy contacted me today who has a wife and a young kid.  Can you imagine how I'll feel if I take him on, find I've got this all wrong and he loses money?  It's all very well pontificating about what will happen if a franchisee breaches term 23.1.3(a) of the contract but what matters to me is that I desperately need the franchisees to succeed.  Not because of the money but because failure this time would hurt other people.  If that sounds heartfelt, it's because it is.

Thanks again,

Vin

P.S. Would you have been so kind if you'd know that I'm the owner of solar-panel-cleaning.com?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2013, 06:37:25 pm »
... By the way, Perfect Windows seems to have got himself a stalker ...

Two people who phoned me today to discuss leafletting said exactly the same thing...

Vin

« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2013, 07:19:12 pm »
Hi vin.

I'm touched, Steve, genuinely.

The thing about this is that it feels like a bigger step than starting out in the first place.  The responsibility rests heavily on me.  There's a guy contacted me today who has a wife and a young kid.  Can you imagine how I'll feel if I take him on, find I've got this all wrong and he loses money?  It's all very well pontificating about what will happen if a franchisee breaches term 23.1.3(a) of the contract but what matters to me is that I desperately need the franchisees to succeed.  Not because of the money but because failure this time would hurt other people.  If that sounds heartfelt, it's because it is.

Thanks again,

Vin

P.S. Would you have been so kind if you'd know that I'm the owner of solar-panel-cleaning.com?
  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D. Really??? Yes, I would actually. Entrepreneurialism, hard work and effort deserve recognition and praise. :)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:15 pm »
... By the way, Perfect Windows seems to have got himself a stalker ...

Two people who phoned me today to discuss leafletting said exactly the same thing...

Vin

Now three.

Vin

Dani J

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

As if a customer is going to court for choosing her own desired window cleaner  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wake up man, what are you on about?  ;D

Dani J

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »
Hi vin.

I  2nd that, yes well done vin.