neil100

BEING IN THE FLOW OR ZONE.HAVE YOU BEEN THEIR?
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:03:42 pm »
 Do You know what I'm talking about?

It's not happened for several months,But sometimes when w/c I can enter the ZONE for a few hours where everything I do at work just clicks.I mean its not making a consicence effort to go fast, It just happens, you feel great,your flying through your work, You check your watch thinking those 3 houses should of taken an hour and they have only taken 45 mins. You stare at your watch and think its broken.

Time ticks by and you just sail through your work with what feels no effort.And in 4 hours you've done 6 hours work.

Sometimes I think am I in a twilight zone or what.I cant make it happen it just does, though it is happening less and less as I get older.

Its a bit like a runner who may get an endophine release as thier running but better.Its not just a case of trying to go fast because that feels completely diffrent.

To me its the equivellent of w/cleaning nivarana.The body and soul in complete harmony with thier work that requires no effort.

Anyone else experinced it?

Will I ever get that feeling when I go wfp or will it just become a memory?

Nel

H h20

Re: BEING IN THE FLOW OR ZONE.HAVE YOU BEEN THEIR?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:05:54 pm »
I think you better keep off the roll ups,Gaz  ;D

Ben Walker

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 10:37:19 pm »
...or partake at regular intervals!  ;D

neil100

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:41:05 pm »
Obviousley you boys have never been there.

Dont know what your missing.

Nel.

Ben Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 10:50:29 pm »
seriously, its what in sports they call 'the zone' (as you say)
its when there is no-one there deciding to do things, and things just happen automatically
the mind is disengaged and is no longer at the helm of the ship. things happen strangely more easily.
also bit like with certain, ahm, substances!
time's abstract afterall. ;D
ben

oh, yep been there alright!!!  ;D

kingfisher

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:28 pm »
Yes I know what you mean
                                                But have you also visited the slow zone.

The complete opposite to your zone I was there today thought I`rd worked my a-r-s-e off counted up at the end of the day £70  ??? don’t know what happened no long lunch breaks or chats with customers no real reason for it at all.

Kev

KJG

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 02:41:12 am »
I know exactly what you mean. I always 'get there' on familiar big cradling jobs. I become so slick that the operator doesn't need to stop between windows. Is there such a thing as a 'Jedi' window cleaner?

marc al

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 02:54:37 pm »
  I have one day on my round that it seems to happen on every month and I do a days work in half a day.

edd

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 08:47:24 pm »
yeah! i no been in zone allday finished at 4.35 started 9.00 collected £286.00 not a bad day goodnight now.ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Morph

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 03:38:31 pm »
I.........
Eeemmmmmmm.................
I...................thhhhink........I
waaaaa........
Naa..
gnnn.......
Zone?