Ian101

2 steps foward 1 back
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:27 pm »
got 2 new customers today both next to other jobs and both at my new min of £12  :D

then an £18 job cancelled  :( ... already at 8 weeks so couldnt even save it by changing frequency ... apparantly son going to start cleaning them

s h 1t happens  ;)

david watts

Re: 2 steps foward 1 back
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »
you gota roll with it ;you gota take your time;
dont let anybody get in your way ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:27:17 pm »
got 2 new customers today both next to other jobs and both at my new min of £12  :D

then an £18 job cancelled  :( ... already at 8 weeks so couldnt even save it by changing frequency ... apparantly son going to start cleaning them

s h 1t happens  ;)

What they meant to say...was that they cannot afford you anymore...or you dont do them properly.... ;D

lol prob the former ... hopefully ... old dear on pension big house but possibly feeling the pinch .... property rich but cash poor as the estate agents say

tom2009

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
Pain in the arse but part of the apprenticeship by all accounts. Apprenticeship finishes for me soon hopefully.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:30 am »
look on the bright side you are still making £6 extra .
where theres muck theres money

Mist A Bit

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:04:29 am »
my first day back after new year started with a cancelation but then picked up two new jobs that morning. You win some and lose some but you`l always gain.

steve

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »
same today  ;D lost a £15 job but gained a £14 .... so not complaining ... job that cancelled I think is a billy bullcrapper ... done 1st clean last week and had 1 to do in same street today so went to collect money and she came to door paid me no problem then with ( I think a fake) a sniffle said she and her husband were splitting up so best not clean them again as she was leaving house and he was crap at paying bills  :o .... smelt a blag but then 25 years in motor trade makes u suspect most customers as being dodgy lying so ans so's .. ... will leave it till Feb when next clean due and call him up night b4 and say sorry u and ur missus has split up she told me u were forgetful at paying bills so just reminding u now that my bill is due tomorrow and leave money under brick in rear garden  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:05 pm »
look on the bright side you are still making £6 extra .

at stage of refining my round now so yup £6 up  :D

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »
Pain in the arse but part of the apprenticeship by all accounts. Apprenticeship finishes for me soon hopefully.

nope ..... ur still a newbie ... same as me ... have to go thru 3 winters to be a proper windie  ;)

bobby p

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:28 pm »
hows your lad doing Ian? do you let him do the important glass? i.e the lounge/kitchen windows ?

i ask because ive been approached by a keen lad of 18,fancys being my worker,but im  wondering will the regulars who trust me  think im getting rich off their backs by having a helper? i seem to have a core of customers who may cancel if i look well-to-do .   i even fretted when i upgraded my car to a ten year old,shiny van

this is on the council estates where most of my work is.

tom2009

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 07:00:19 pm »

nope ..... ur still a newbie ... same as me ... have to go thru 3 winters to be a proper windie  ;)
NO WAY! 3 :o :o

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:00:53 pm »

Yay, this is my 3rd winter.

davids3511

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »
Will I feel different, the first day of spring? Like I know know everything there is to know. 3 winters and I still can't trad properly ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:46 pm »
Lousy weather in Dec put me right behind. Commercials get done on time, followed by best earners and least profitable ones get done last because if I'm gonna lose any it might as well be my least favourable ones trying to catch up after 3 weeks off.  Turned 2 new ones down today until next month when I'm hopefully caught up. Dec and Jan can be very frustrating not working owing to weather, road conditions, equipment freezing, now nothing but constant heavy, sideways rain forecasted.

Get a bit peed off this time of year with post Xmas blues, gotta keep reminding myself I'm only doing it for the money 'cause there's no decent paying jobs around here otherwise I'd jack it all in for something more constant that isn't weather permitting.

Glad I got my whinge out the way - feel better now, just had to get it out my system.. Off for 3 days now so going away for a break ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 08:13:21 pm »

This is number 8 and the last two have been very painful!!

It's a long time till spring!

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »
hows your lad doing Ian? do you let him do the important glass? i.e the lounge/kitchen windows ?

i ask because ive been approached by a keen lad of 18,fancys being my worker,but im  wondering will the regulars who trust me  think im getting rich off their backs by having a helper? i seem to have a core of customers who may cancel if i look well-to-do .   i even fretted when i upgraded my car to a ten year old,shiny van

this is on the council estates where most of my work is.

Hi bobby ... sorry for late reply but been busy  ;D .... with the lad he was wfp experianced for a few weeks before I got him .. he came free with the van and a round I bought  ;D .. but yup trust him to do important glass .. I do the rears of house and let him do fronts .. I feel kitchen window is most important as thats the one the lady of the house always checks  :) ... in fairness Ive touched lucky with him cos as a test during the bleak mid winter of last year I had him just footing the ladder  at   -7 and he never complained once or failed to be ready for work when I collected him ... customers are fine with me having a helper most happy to see me busy I think ... know what u mean about having a new van though customers can be a funny lot

Crystal-clear

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »
You win some you loose some , happens to us all its funny how the day you loose a customer you gain one ive had that loads of times.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:24 pm »
ive had the best part of 3 weeks off at xmas as well!! ::)

i always work my round from a-z generally although my 8 weekly stand alones and big country houses/commercial  get re jigged roughly on time.

hopefully by the end of jan ill have got round all my workload.

lost a fair whack of money before xmas but thats the nature of the business we re in when the weather is extreme!

17th winter window cleaning this year.probably got another 30 years left(retire at 70!) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!