Klean07

Re: Should WC Go back to being seasonal?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 02:55:36 pm »
Thankyou for that Mr Owen. Finally a positive answer. Enough said
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »
Thankyou for that Mr Owen. Finally a positive answer. Enough said

Mrs Owen actually but I know he'd have said exactly the same  ;D

Klean07

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »
Ok no probs. Merry xmas anyway. ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 03:02:54 pm »
Ok no probs. Merry xmas anyway. ;D

and to you  ;D

JSMC

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »
i reckon from tail end of novemeber i have earned 600 quid max. this has beenbrutal up here. Aain my system has froze. i have a 3000w heate rin back of van it yeah it's toasty in the morning but onc ei finish doing the shop fronts and it's midday thepump has normally frozen up. this morn i never got out till 10:30 as no point wate rwould just freeze.

this is killing me big time :(

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 04:19:59 pm »
ok much as it would be nice to work 9 months of the year we all know that customers expect a regular clean and to ask them to wait 3 months while we do nothing during winter pehaps isnt the most sensible business thing to do. but................
get into the mind set of a seasonal trade, we have the main opurtunity to earn money in the  late spring summer and early autumn. so heres an idea
to make up for the loss of earnings add a 25% on new cleans, graduly increase excisting customers.
put this aside and theres yrou lost time money.
increase the extras during the summer ie conservatory cleans etc

think the way a seaside business works the earn the money in 3 months but have to remain open to keep their shop

Re: WC Going back to being seasonal?
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 04:48:28 pm »
No, not for the more serious of us; it's just a case of being prepared each evening for the following day.

I really don't know how you prepare for -10 degrees & to carry on working, if you are a WFP or Trad W/C.
I look after my kit & keep it from freezing, but as soon as water hits glass, it freezes & i can't see any customers being happy with ice covered windows & doors. - how do you carry on working in these conditions ?