dazmond

at what temp can you still wfp?
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:26:19 pm »
forecast -3 until dinnertime tommorrow.whats the lowest temp you guys have wfpoled in without jets freezing etc?

and what do you do when jets freeze.go home?or try and defrost them somehow?

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

elite mike

Re: at what temp can you still wfp?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:31:29 pm »
i find its ok till the wind gets up ,north easterly :'(

when jets freeze get the trad gear out with a bit of screenwash to finish off

then head home

prestige cleaners

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »
i just work until the hoses freeze up, i have before now asked a cust for a kettle to defrost the tap, as i had already started, went home after that. there was snow on the ground. this year im going to carry around something to keep the metal tap off the floor. just bought a temp gauge (fridge one) got that in back of van.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:40:17 pm »
if you keep moving and don't leave the pole lying about too long I can normally keep it going, first year I got caught out chatting to a customer and I left pole against the van, the brush was frozen solid against the van, I have seen me with brush in front of van with heaters going to get going again, exact temperatures I am not sure as I don't carry a thermometer. But at a guess -2 to -3

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »
Use hot  ;D

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »
if you keep moving and don't leave the pole lying about too long I can normally keep it going, first year I got caught out chatting to a customer and I left pole against the van, the brush was frozen solid against the van, I have seen me with brush in front of van with heaters going to get going again, exact temperatures I am not sure as I don't carry a thermometer. But at a guess -2 to -3
thats about the best advice

craig mcneil

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 07:47:15 pm »
Last year I had the water flowing no problem but it actually froze on the windows. That was when I gave up!

rg1

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »
If you're using cold water then +1 degrees. It's pretty obvious that temps. below will freeze the water.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

prestige cleaners

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 09:09:20 pm »
yeah when the water freezes on the window its time to go home, you end up making pure slush puppies eitherwise ;D

mci services

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »
If you're using cold water then +1 degrees. It's pretty obvious that temps. below will freeze the water.

yes but most windows have heating behind them that stops the water freezing so as long as your system has water in it that is above 0 you can persevere. Granted a few windows will freeze but not all.

I cleaned a large commercial last year that every window froze up so I thought I would do the insides and do the outsides again once the temp had risen but they actually defrosted and turned just fine.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 09:41:12 am »
Last year I had the water flowing no problem but it actually froze on the windows. That was when I gave up!

had that this morning

lovewindows

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 09:57:02 am »
Just done a load of shops in town -3, most where fine, but on a big one with enclosed windows water just froze , i thought ok i'll go trad on the others , same thing, i'll have to go back later when it warms up.
Jets froze on the next pub but cleared when i turned the pump up.
How much antifreeze would you put in a holster ?
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 09:59:18 am »
hi sean im planning on starting at 11am till 330pm and just see how i get on.a half day is better than diddly squat!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

what you doing starting at 8am?commercial?

dazmond

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 10:23:36 am »
i dont have a hot water system as yet (might get peters when he releases it, i think he is holding it hostage :D) anyway until then all i do is fill 10 25 litre containers of warm to hot water before i go out and then attach the DI to the trolley and fed the water through that into the hose, i normally only get about 3-4 hours before it starts to get too cold to use and freezes up but at least i get out for a bit ;)

the gedi

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 11:20:42 am »
Hi
Does the warm/hot water affect the resin in any way ?

the gedi

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 11:20:59 am »
Hi
Does the warm/hot water affect the resin in any way ?

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 02:50:32 pm »
hi, yes it has an impact, it uses it up quicker but i dont know exactly by how much....however i would only suggest that if you are in a soft water area......i know i use more but i still get an earner. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 06:46:18 pm »
it was still -2 at 11am but pole and trolley fine and no freezing water on the glass apart from one unheated porch! ;D ;D ;D

worked until 330pm then back home to fill up for tommorrow.so all in all a good day considering the very cold weather!!my full barrels(10 of em!)are  covered by a thick duvet in the van.the rest of my gear(trolley,extension hose,pole,DI vessel are nice and warm inside).

im enjoying wfp much more than when i was on the ladders especially in this weather!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Klean07

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »
Same here. With wfp theres always something to keep my mind occupied. Like last few nights filled tank in van, got my pole indoors and draped a thick blanket over hose reels, pump etc. Ive worked every day this week and plan to work tomorrow too.
When I was on ladders I used to empty bucket at last job then drive home. Nothing to do till next day.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk