Stoots

Re: xtreme pole users.....
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 11:36:53 am »
I've never used a goosneck before, never felt the need to buy one.

Only time they might be handy is conny roofs but I've managed thus far without one.

they are so much lighter than the plastic goosenecks....i have 3 or 4.....maybe 5..... ;D

Only 50g lighter than a plastic one

But they are not adjustable angle are they ?

I ended up using an old slx section to fix my extreme pole so it's already heavier than standard now anyway.

how many times do you adjust your plastic gooseneck during your normal working day?i bet hardly ever.....

Quite a lot

If cleaning top windows over a conny tend to need to straighten the angle, if doing velux needs to be more 90 degrees

If im working in a tight space, again needs changing.

i change it a fair bit, its only 2 seconds i do it without thinking really but a fixed angle would make it awkward.

another couple of years of wfp cleaning and you wont bother..... ;D

When i order a new pole I will try a carbon gooseneck.

I've tried rinse bars, swivels and found them no easier and I can't imagine a gooseneck changing my life but I'm willing to give it a go.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 08:56:31 am »
yes Daz,

Xtreme pole, 45degree carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush.

Perfection summed up in a pole.

I've got an old 45 degree one somewhere....I think Alex changed the standard carbon gooseneck to a 55degree one a few years ago now as most of mine are 55....
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 07:46:47 pm »
The Gardiner website recommends 45 degree for under 30ft and 55 degree for over 30 foot. for some reason the 55 degree version is £10 cheaper.