derek west

Re: Wand Glides
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 05:38:14 pm »
 ;D

don't forget your pink marigolds, with feather fluff cuffs ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 05:41:54 pm »

Simon is the glide you have a round profile one or square?  The square ones aren't worth the plastic they're made from ::)

It's this one Jim 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-Teflon-Glider-for-Wand_W0QQitemZ280473493382QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA?hash=item414d85df86

Looks like the "greenglide" type of design, should be perfect.  Not sure what you mean about angle, it only fits on the wand at one angle.  The thing is you need to buy the right glide for your wand, as obviously the shape of the wand lips are all different between models.

david mitcham

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 07:03:58 pm »

I ordered one of the swan neck 2 jet wands with glide fitted off the ebay site mentiond earlier in this post on sunday. It arrived today well packaged etc.

This is the first glide i have ever even seen and im surprised how small the holes look and was expecting to see a combation of slots and holes.

Will the holes clog with pile fibre and how do you unblock if this happens, the glide seems tightly fitted to wand
Any advise please, i should say i have not yet had a play with my new toy

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »
I also bought a wand for £140 with the free glide, really just as a spare, not that impressed with the glide though, its not the same as the ones at £55 that are for sale, just a long line of small holes and mine looks a bit tatty, but I thought the wand was an ok price thats why I bought it, the glide does seem to be very well fixed on, you might need a bit of brute force to get it off David.

Regards, Paul

david mitcham

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:12 pm »

Hi Paul

Have you had the chance 2 test your new wand yet

David

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 07:41:07 pm »
Not yet David, will try it 2moz and post my findings, just looked at it again and I think it should slide off with some force. Let me know what you think when you try yours!

Paul

david mitcham

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »

On the subject of wands/glides i have 2 wands the first supplied from Alltec with my Advantage and the second from solutions with my Scorpian.

How do you find the make of wand you have as i cant find any manufactures marking on either wand and would like to get a glide for one of them.
Sorry if this a daft question

David

richy27

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 09:26:39 pm »

On the subject of wands/glides i have 2 wands the first supplied from Alltec with my Advantage and the second from solutions with my Scorpian.

How do you find the make of wand you have as i cant find any manufactures marking on either wand and would like to get a glide for one of them.
Sorry if this a daft question

David

why dont you call solutions and alltec and ask them

absolutecleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:53 am »

Looks like the "greenglide" type of design, should be perfect.  Not sure what you mean about angle, it only fits on the wand at one angle.  The thing is you need to buy the right glide for your wand, as obviously the shape of the wand lips are all different between models.

Hope this generic one is going to work then.  After boiling the glide and fitting it over lips there was a very slight bit of movement from front to back; meaning that a couple of mm either way would effect the height of the wand at the trigger end.

Of out to give it a go now.

Cheers

Simon

Griffus

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 02:16:44 pm »

Hope this generic one is going to work then.  After boiling the glide and fitting it over lips there was a very slight bit of movement from front to back; meaning that a couple of mm either way would effect the height of the wand at the trigger end.

Of out to give it a go now.

Cheers

Simon

Simon, how did you get on?

absolutecleaning

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 03:11:14 pm »
I tried it once and it was spilling water from the sides.  I havent got round to getting some more silicone and adjust the angle yet. 

Hope it does actually fit my glide  ???(I'm not sure what make or model it is to be honest as came with my tm second hand)

Simon

Joe H

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »
Simon
More often then not you have to adjust the angle of the jet- it will probably hit the glide, hence the splashing you getting. Needs bending a bit, but be careful.

Jim_77

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 11:48:23 pm »
Or jet extenders.  Don't forget that fitting the glide raises the jets higher from the carpet.  I have the same issue with one of my wands.

Steve Thrush

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 01:04:17 pm »
 ;D I followed your lead and ordered a glide and and wand, off ebay, came with in 2 days, wrapped great and worked perfect, really happy, contacted seller he also has loads of chemicals etc.....just to let you know

Steve