Barry Livingstone

Re: Furniture Clinic Franchise
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 10:13:31 pm »
LTT is john in fofar still going ?? strathvale furnishings i think we was known as
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

robert meldrum

Re: Furniture Clinic Franchise New
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 11:44:06 pm »
Hell ! James, they don't seem to know I'm around and I was down at Harrogate just 12 months ago. A bit disapointing, to say the least.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 07:50:42 am »
James yes John is still going
Robert - have you registered your details with us for doing leather and whose products are you using,?
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

stevegunn

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 01:52:24 pm »
Judy you actually gave me the form to fill in while I was down there,filled it in but you never got back to me,if I remember rightly the cost was something like £60.

Dave makes a fair point maybe worth taking on board

Judy

Seems you are ignoring this too ::)

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »
Steve
The form you filled in at the course was an evaluation form which gave us your skill details, but to register for the directory (as it was then) and for jobs from us you would have had to fill out the form via the internet.  This is no longer there as we have now changed the system and will be contacting those people with active accounts with us to give up to date information about how we are proceeding now with job referals.

When we worked with an online directory this was the only way that you could register for job referals and there was a cost attached to this.
Job referals require 2 way communication and those that work closely with us and run active accounts get a lot of work from us.  We will not be using cleaners and technicians who use other suppliers products as we would then have no quality control.
Our trade website will be up and running very shortly if you wish to purchase products from us.

Just as a general statement on this topic:
Why has it all of a sudden become the responsibility of suppliers to supply work for independent cleaners and technicians?  If you want this service consider buying a franchise.

AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

stevegunn

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:45 pm »
Judy it's not the suppliers responsibility but then why did you have a directory if it was not to pass work on.

As for QC even if they are using your products you cannot control how the job ends up,you only have to look at chem dry for this they have lots of complaints.

Will your trade site have the lazy leather on as I'm after something that is easier for the customers to use

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2009, 06:37:38 pm »
Yes we do pass work on but we cannot possibly give it to everybody that decides they want it so we work with the people who work with us and use our products that way we know we can help if there are any queries.

Lazy Leather is available now at trade prices for selling on to your customers.  You do not need to wait for the website.  You can have your own details on them if required.  Just let us know.
It really is the simplest product for consumer use and now has its very own website http://www.lazyleather.co.uk
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

stevegunn

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 06:45:10 pm »
Are those trade prices?

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 06:48:36 pm »
No Steve those are consumer prices.
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 06:50:14 pm »
the site has a flaw, when I look at it the payment text overlays some of the other text, might be just my computer
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »
i just get red crosses instead of pictures on the credit card bits. something to do with not being able to display the card pictures in the righ rez. bit like when some people on CIU try and load there picture but its to big so you get a red cross.
derek

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:06 pm »
Hi Mike
Noticed that the other day so will get it sorted, cheers
Judy
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Ian Rochester

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »
Just as a general statement on this topic:
Why has it all of a sudden become the responsibility of suppliers to supply work for independent cleaners and technicians?  If you want this service consider buying a franchise.

That's exactly what I wanted and what I did, I've taken calls regarding the following work that's come in today from website and our FC advert:

Jaguar car - Estimate for refurbishing all seats (website/email)
Sofa - Grease on arm rest from where "him indoors" (allegedly) has been laid down watching the tele! (website/phoned me)
Porsche - Wear on drivers bolster and possible repair to steering wheel. (local advert/phoned me)

At the moment we are trying to do two days out on the road, either doing jobs or doing estimates and collections, then 3 days in the workshop doing restoration work.  I think/hope that by next month I'll probably have to have someone in the workshop full time doing prep work and filling cracks.

I've so far had five people contact me to discuss the franchise route, feel free to give me a call. 07790596782

Ian Rochester

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:00 am »
Bit of an update on our new venture:

We've just taken on an upholsterer, currently part-time, to do some of the more intricate upholstery, panel replacement, refilling work as there seems to be quite a demand for that, especially refilling arm rests on older suites.

Got a suite in at the moment, a large gull wing deep buttoned 3-1-1, bought from Harrods for £4500 over 30 years ago, they looked at getting it replaced however the price was going to be over £15,000. 

We are replacing the arms panels on one chair with new leather as they are badly greased, then recolouring the whole suite to the original, it's a deep red two tone.  Photos will be going on the website when done.