Neil Grainger

Re: 'Banned Members'
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 12:38:26 pm »
Joe

Because they dont or cant check on members its makes it a group that is blind of its membership. Corgi check gas fitters all the time, as do most other Groups. All the money goes back into the membership, if its like most Associations I bet the directors do quit well out of it in expenses and the prestige it bring in, not on the level of the John Lewis list but you get my drift.

NCCA does nothing after you pass the first course and paid your fee,  as long as you pay every other year you can carry on doing it the way you want.

What did you join for Joe, to get more business I bet, not what they offer you in advice. You can get that from any forum that deals with carpet cleaning.

NCCA course is for guidence at the begining but they dont tell the public that as most people doing the course do it to find out about cleaning. Pass an exam then you are a carpet cleaning pro. Thats is wrong and misleeding the public.

If they grade the membership to Experience and qualifications than most would join, but they wont do this. Why?

Joe H

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 01:10:32 pm »
Discussions like this have gone on in the past, as well you probably know Neil.
Been said before as well, if more got involved then the more chance of things changing.
But "the more" wont get involved.
Basically it boils down to that some will do, whilst the majority will sit back and grumble - at the moment I am in the last group.
Chicken and egg comes to mind.

Nice day today though. Enjoy.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 01:20:50 pm »
Oh yes, going out at 4 on a commercial Job, wont finnish until 2 in the morning.

Have a good day.

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 01:45:09 pm »
10 hours! Phew

but think of the money

spencer davies

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 06:42:29 pm »
I am not sure I would be happy employing a trades person that has gained his knowledge through a forum.

The NCCA have regular publications which is a good resource along with a website, as with Joe's comment, I picked up a £425 job recently because the customer looked at the NCCA site, thank you very much!

Regards

S

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 06:57:21 pm »
Joe maybee they need your energy and style.

Over the years I have noticed people try to form their own Empires  Clubs etc I can think of several.

But the one that remains cosisistent and lasts is the  NCCA

However i do think its because of the work The Stalwarts have put in.

I do not know much about the current as she keeps herself out of the Frays, but then  I never get round to joining as i have always been a loaner

craigp

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 07:05:23 pm »
The other side is I have been a member of NCCA for 8 months not one job from being a member :(, so it's just down to how much I sell it. I think its a bit to expensive. 

Len Gribble

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 08:13:48 pm »
If my customers insist on it then I will join not say others shouldn’t 8)

Neil

£100 per hour less operating costs not bad.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

FiberReviver

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 11:08:32 pm »
Banned members thought that was what this post was about

Freddie
WELL I NEVER !!!! WELL MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE

Joe H

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 07:19:37 am »
Your correct Freddie, its drifted more then a little.

Helped us to get away from the bad things of last weekend though.

FiberReviver

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:40 am »
Seems a shame you have lost a number of members that gave a great input to this forum.
WELL I NEVER !!!! WELL MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE

Neil Grainger

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 08:28:42 am »
Mike

am I going to get an answer to my questions please. I have a feeling that you would do well in goverment.

Kind Regards

Neil

Joe H

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 08:33:33 am »
Neil
Its sad what happened last weeked and should have been avoided.

I personaly dont think you are going to get an answer to your question.

Sad times, but time to move on, the past is gone, can only go forward.

carlton care

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 09:22:22 am »
Interesting to notice that a number of passive members have started posting and getting more involved over the past few days.

There are plenty of people with opposing views still on here and I'd imagine you will continue to get a steady stream of questions and answers, plus the same arguments which tend to come up regularly.

Many posts drift, just any group conversation / discussion drifts.

Neil

When comments are made about standardised training which would achieve your goal of grading, most say they don't want it. Why? Because it has a regulating element and that scares the unqualified !

If the new, or newish people coming into this industry receive training through Colleges, which I think is the best option, being nationwide and accessible to all, a National Standard is set and everyone wouls have to achieve the Standard to become a Registered Technician.

Courses have existed for years in just about every industry, or service and it gives a level at which to judge operators. Sure, you will always get the " smart ass " or the " minimum effort " types, but by offering a graded programme it will indicate clearly at what level an operator is working.

To get the kind of training the industry ( that's you ) wants the onnus is on the members of the industry to put together a series of graded packages, covering, the usual three levels of competence, with awards at each level.

Of course you will get some who will still give a poor service no matter how well qualified thet are on paper, but, there will be somewhere for the customer to go to with their complaints.

Your ideal HANDS ON TRAINING

At colleges the LECTURERS / TRAINERS are from the trade or service they teach and have to prove their competence before being accepted by the Education authorities. Some are part time spending one day a week, others full time.

It's common practice in delivering training courses, to have guests / visitors to come along and give demonstrations, or discuss real world situations, etc.

Training can be as basic, or as comprehensive as the industry wants.

Been there - Done it - Got the T shirts.

BICS have been training this way for at least 40 years, If the industry fails to set up a training organisation, you can be sure someone else will.