spicnspan the cleaning man

used truck mounnts
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:33:36 am »
Hi looking to buy used truck mount any one out there help me out

Tony ;D

PaulKing

Re: used truck mounnts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:49:20 am »
You'd be very lucky to find a used TM that has no problems, and if you have had no experiance maintaining them before, you soon will have!

Ask at the dealers as they are the ones getting the trade ins as people upgrade, and usually will give a shorth warrenty on a 2nd hand machine, and don't be scared to start small, you don't need a triple wand carpet shagger to start with. Because it's quite a jump up from a electric machine to a TM remember the most power you can get out of a 13amp socket is 3120watts I think my 13hp Tm is about the smallest machine and that develops 8200 watts at 80% of revs. then you can go up to 50+ hp.

And most importantly you need to look after them, it's not a simple electirc moter and a pump like a portable. There are valves, belt, couplings and all sorts you need to get to know and look after, unless you live near a supplier then it easy, get them to do it.

Hope that helps or at least give you some food for though.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 10:57:25 am »
Paul,

I thought one of the benefits of the Prowler is easy maintenance compared to other t/m, is that right?

maxcarpets

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:13:18 pm »
Blimey Paul thats enough to put anyone off. I'm selling my T/M now and buying a vax!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:35:47 pm »
Depends on who has had the TM in the first place and looked after it to how and when it will break down! but I'd say the most reliable are HMaster and realistically the Prowler as they are the simplist (bit like Paul  ;D) but if you want a 2nd hand machine you will pay a 2nd hand price so you can't expect it to last forever, saying that all of the gremlins will have emigrated from it.

Shaun

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:48:01 pm »
Paul,

I thought one of the benefits of the Prowler is easy maintenance compared to other t/m, is that right?

piece of cake to maintain, doesn't need a lot of fixing either

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 06:54:22 pm »
Paul,

piece of cake to maintain, doesn't need a lot of fixing either

>:( ;)

With the prowler it is easy to maintain no fancy switches or circuits  to go wrong even when it does go wrong you can still continue with the job

PaulKing

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 06:56:37 pm »
Blimey Paul thats enough to put anyone off. I'm selling my T/M now and buying a vax!
there you go spicknspancarpets theres one for sale.

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:45 pm »
Thats why I like the Panther truckmounts, easy to use and maintain, lots of power and a good price  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 07:43:07 pm »
paul how long would it take to replace the blower & pump belts?

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 07:48:04 pm »
Why
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:19 pm »
because you say its; 'easy to use and maintain' I consider changing belts to be the main 'maintenance' thing you would have to do on a T/M so I was interested in how long it takes

as a comparison I remember having a blazer ( or Cub can't remember) and it was a 3 hour job to change the pump belt. also to change the pump belt on a Chemspec machine is a day job!!

Mike

*paul_moss

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 08:05:57 pm »
Mike weather it takes 1 hour or 3 hours what difference does that make. Its not like you have to change them every week, i 12 months I have not had to do it once . Really its not relevent. You do what you have to do on any machine as it happens.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 08:06:18 pm »
paul how long would it take to replace the blower & pump belts?

Mike

Took Paul King no more than half an hour to change mine

*paul_moss

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 08:08:35 pm »
Steve, you should be doing it your self by now  ::)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 08:11:14 pm »
Steve, you should be doing it your self by now  ::)

Why keep a dog and bark yourself ;D ;)

*paul_moss

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 08:13:37 pm »
Gunny
 Van will do it for you at only 5 - 1 ;D

He seems to have disapeared after the last result  ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 10:53:23 pm »
Paul is changing the belts on a panther a bit of a sore point for Panther owners? ::) ::)

I was genuinely interested how the belts were configured on the Panther, I've never had a chance to look inside one.

obviously its not a 5 minute job  or you would have answered with a smidgen of politeness ;)

Mike

Dave Roelants

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:08:33 pm »
"You'd be very lucky to find a used TM that has no problems, and if you have had no experiance maintaining them before, you soon will have!

Ask at the dealers as they are the ones getting the trade ins as people upgrade, and usually will give a shorth warrenty on a 2nd hand machine, and don't be scared to start small,"

I have to disagree-I've had TM's from prochem and Hydramaster since 2001 and had very few problems. As regards dealers Hydramaster are the only distributors who will take trade ins- that should tell you a lot and in addition they offer(I believe) a 12 month warranty on the used machines they sell, it's called confidence in the product. You wouldn't have to be lucky to buy a used TM you would have to buy the right product from a trustworthy person-in other words it's no different from buying anything else!
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

Chris R

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 09:34:49 am »
Paul is changing the belts on a panther a bit of a sore point for Panther owners? ::) ::)

I was genuinely interested how the belts were configured on the Panther, I've never had a chance to look inside one.

obviously its not a 5 minute job  or you would have answered with a smidgen of politeness ;)

Mike

Hi Mike

To change the belt on the panther is an awkward job, taking prob an hour or two.

BUT, the secret is to place a spare belt ( or 2) in next to the water pump ( held out of the way with tie straps). So when the belt breaks, all you have to do is loosen 4 bolts, and slide the new belt into place. This is a 15 min job.

cheers

Chris
Staffordshire