maxcampbell

Just joined "banned from Cleantalk" club
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »
Answering newbie question about machine choice. Suggested that CT was ok if you wanted to know about how to get the best from mpower etc, but that they should look for other forums for recommendations on machine brand, and that 2nd hand was the way to go.

Only a question of time, I suppose, but am considering reporting to advertising standards. Twisting bar stewards. Any stories of similar?

Raymondo

Re: Just joined "banned from Cleantalk" club
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:56:55 pm »
What gives you the idea you have been banned?

I could not log on a few months back for about 2 weeks after I said something.

I don't like the way every other manufacturer and supplier and training is criticized and that it only solutions products are up to date

We have a number of brilliant supplier in this country who offer excellent training machines and chemicals and are dedicated to the business.

I remember the first training course I did 20 years ago we were told never criticize a competitor it just puts people off.

Cleantalk when it first started all those years ago was brilliant.

But at the end of the day cleantalk is Nicks forum so he wants it directed to his products only.

maxcampbell

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:06:30 pm »
What gives you the idea you have been banned

But at the end of the day cleantalk is Nicks forum so he wants it directed to his products only.

1 - can't log on
2 - it's his forum, and he has, and exercises, control, but should we just shrug & say ok? It's like a bank recommending PPI.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:48:45 pm »
Max people take the mickey out of this Forum and say we are not Pros etc , bit of an insult to lots of  members.

But I happen to believe Cleanitup is the best and you do not need any other UK Forum

john martin

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:17:10 pm »

CT dont want you if u got experience or advice  ...  they only want  Newbies Newbies Newbies  ...
 They only want the couple of grand they have to spend  ...
  They push the main cashcow cheap to produce  M-Power and sell those cheaply built featureless machines to the clueless noobs  .

DB

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:26:05 pm »
YOU ARE NOT ALONE........

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:19:45 pm »
I'm not banned...I think, I just prefer not to go on when someone who does look in this forum called me Nick Griffin which I took offence at funnily enough this is the forum nick named 'screamitup' bit ironic.

Shaun

Ps after being married to my missus for nearly 20 years I don't take offence easily.

maxcampbell

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 10:07:19 am »
Got email from Nick R-V this a.m. saying I was lying, and guess what, can log on again. Considering reporting CT to advertising standards.

*Hector*

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 11:02:06 am »
just out of interest.... why would you write to advertising standards?
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

derek west

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 11:09:00 am »
Cleantalk is a forum for solutions UK and is used to promote solutions UK products. it is not a forum for carpet cleaners. Once you realise that then you can take it or leave it.

maxcampbell

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
just out of interest.... why would you write to advertising standards?

I don't believe the forum is honest. I take Derek's point, but newbie's aren't to know, and I believe they are being mis-lead.

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »
Good Marketing......

for a while..

Neil Jones

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »
I've only been a member for a couple of years, there are some knowledgable people on there, they answer a question really well and if you can see past certain things there is a lot of credible info on there. I also rate some of solutions products. If you are wise enough you will pick what you need to.

However I have noticed the last six months it's has got ridiculous, over moderated beyond control, there was a debate recently about discussions other than the actual topic which weren't allowed, you can no longer comment on anything on the for sale section and you can't post ebay links unless you offer for sale on there, which generally goes against ebay rules. It's getting very frustrating. I've decided to take a back seat on there now and probably won't post because IT seems if I do it either goes against the 'clique' views or it's illegal.

I do understand Nicks perspective tho, he sells products and owns the forum therefore he should dictate whether people are allow to discuss his competitors but it definitely needs to relax a little because its policed beyond control.

SimonW

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 09:02:06 pm »
Exactly Cleantalk though is good forum but suddenly after few days I got banned and now I exists as an Ex-member. Silly!
My wife made account it's been confirmed and after 5mins usage "account doesn't exists" they don't even dare to leave note what wrong I did.... better is stay here at least you can rely on it

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »
It's a good forum but both you and your wife got banned?

Well it must be something you said, like Prochem or another supplier.......why don't you behave yourself ;D

SimonW

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 01:00:20 am »
It's a good forum but both you and your wife got banned?

Well it must be something you said, like Prochem or another supplier.......why don't you behave yourself ;D

well i can't remember if i said anything but as far i posted anything it was on sale market.
So on my wifes account literally i logged in looked what's new, logged off and again logged in just forgot to check something
more and at that time i was unable to login since account doesn't exists.
the only rule i could brake is when on USED equ. market place i advertised used equipment ofc. but I wrote "like brand new"
when I meant i used it only few times!! anyways i don't care as long they don't even dare to email me back, mongols.

stuart_clark

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »
Simon
Cleantalk isn't that strict normally,  you have to say something realy out of place, or against there principles before they will ban you, I was a member for ten years or so and albeit it was a much better forum until Nick got involved with it, its now realy a marketing tool for his products , he owns and managers the site so its his rules, if you dont like it you know what to do, might seem harsh but thats the way it is, cant see Nick changing his attitude , he has lost loads of customers over this including myself, a bit silly realy as if he had been a bit more lenient it wouldn't of effected his business I am sure

Stuart

mr muzzy

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 03:26:49 pm »
keith muzzy murray, unfortunately, the account you registered on Cleantalk | Professional Cleaning
Forum did not meet membership requirements. Your account has been removed.
The following reason was given:
You have been previously banned.
that's what I got back off someone called nick .
the last time I registered on clean talk I used  my nickname ,
I was told I could not use my nickname so I give up
had another go the other day and was told I was banned

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »
Think I was one of the first to be band! Did impact on my lively hood or networking I think not!

Bad publicity only draws one in….!!!!!!!  ;D ???
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

*Hector*

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 07:24:31 pm »
Well you are all very naughty boys!!!!

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(