Mike Halliday

Re: still can't discuss things
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:58 pm »
There lies the problem 3 moderators all with different views,1 with an itchy finger who cannot wait to delete/lock posts,1 whose tongue in cheek quotes can be taken differently by different people,then 1 who is the voice of reason.

While I appreciate the difficult job they have and cannot spend 24hrs a day on here moderating hence the reason for 3 I guess but they all don't seem to sing from the same song sheet. Ultimately issues should be addressed to Mike Boxall its his forum

steve I think having 3 different mods is the best option, we are different with different approaches but like you say singing from the same songsheet.

no one can get it right all the time and we can bounce ideas of each other to try and do the right thing. some might not think it but we are trying to do the right thing and keep CIU a good resource for carpet cleaners,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »
he will be back Colin in 7 days......

I hope so, although the man can be a complete potato at times (and so of course, can I!) he is a valuable asset on this forum.... And I'd buy him a pint, and as anyone who knows me, that is a very privileged honour... ;D

cozy

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 05:46:24 pm »
As long as you don't try and give him the golden rivet!!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 05:47:33 pm »
what kind of potato colin?

there must be different kinds of potatoness       :o

All Wafu's have deep pockets and short arms      ;D ;D

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 05:50:08 pm »
Colin denies all knowledge of rivets (golden or any other kind)   :-X

not sure whether it is true or not yet though      :P :P

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 05:59:36 pm »
Mike - my post wasn't directed at you. You didn't lock the cleaners mate thread.

justin 88

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »
i had a bollocking for praising a certain someone as IMO that person has helped me alot (see, not even allowed to give his name as i am told it's a testimonial!!) .............i agree hector, the rules apply for some and not others, asked for an explanation and got zero response........TYPICAL

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 06:50:20 pm »
guess we have to just suck it up,
or vote with our feet.

like it or lump it seems to be the order of the day

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 06:53:55 pm »
maybe your helper was not a recognised "guru"

garyj

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 07:31:45 pm »
I think to be fair the moderators do a pretty good job, and a thankless one at that.

They are more than fair and well it might look petty to ban someone for 7 days for what was a harmless post the reality is it wasn't just that ONE post, it is also for the 100 before he got away with.

A lot of people (me included) come on here and say things we wouldn't say on the other forums! Strange but true. Most of us on here see it as harmless fun, but every now and then it just needs pulling in to line a bit, and when it's the same posters who cheese everyone off then its a pretty big clue to them.

Is there really a Sharon Gerrard or is it what Simon is known as on Bank Holidays?
Whichever it is, neither is in a position to call Ian arrogant. In fact I think its arrogant of you to call him such.

One thing I really don't understand though, so feel free to tell me.. CM has been given an airing on here over the years and at one point was done to death. Why don't they just advertise on the banner? It can't cost that much and you're marketing to your EXACT target audience, just pay up and everyone wins. Its a commercial venture to make the owner money, why shouldn't they pay?

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:02 pm »
where did that come from Gary ??

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »
I really must learn to log onto carpet cleaning forums on Bank Holidays instead of taking a break from the industry :D
I takeit  the root cause of all this was something to do with Coffee mate, although I can't see why coffee mate should be such a problem. Personally I much prefer Cows Milk, oh drat that's got the same initials

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 06:36:14 am »
The root problem Neil, was a member of Mr J Henson's crew with inflated ego, who's sensibilities were hurt.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:53 pm »
Can I just take this opportunity to thank all the moderators for doing what is often a thankless task. I accepted a long time ago that you can't please all the people all the time and I'm happy that any reasonable member will be able to see that the forum is usually disrupted by the same few posters and the moderators do a great job trying to strike the right balance between allowing open and balanced debate and not allowing a handful to take advantage.

There are always going to be differences of opinion with so many people on a forum like this but there's absolutely no justification for personal attacks or insults. If you think this is unreasonable please spend your time elsewhere. Otherwise, please just accept that sometimes things aren't always black or white and it's often very difficult to draw a line between acceptable and unacceptable.

Regards

Mike Boxall mike@i-clean.info

craignozza

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »
Why did my post get deleted from this thread it wasnt offensive to anyone ?? !!