Homes2Clean

Help with agency insurance
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:47:35 pm »
I have been successfully cleaning for over 15 years we provide a cleaning service to private individuals.  I am very much hands on at the moment but I have been thinking about moving away from employing staff and becoming an agency for some time now, who introduces self employed cleaners to clients on the basis the clients pay the cleaner direct and pay us as an agency a management fee.

I am constantly hitting my head against the wall  ??? as I can not find what insurance i need, I have done as much home work as I can and all the agencies I find are all stating they have public liability, but the insurance companies say this can not be as I can not be held responsible for anyone who I do not employ direct.

I would appreciate it if any agency could please point me in the right direction. I apologise in advance if this has already been covered, I have looked but can not find a topic on the subject.

Homes2Clean

Re: Help with agency insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:50 am »
Please can anyone help on this matter, I am due to meet with a franchisor, and I dont want to buy into a franchise and find I am no longer covered.

Hannah

Pristine Clean

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:46:04 am »
Hi

Here try these and speak to them.

http://www.agencyinsure.co.uk/

Hope it helps

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Homes2Clean

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:20:20 am »
Thank you Dave I have emailed them and await there response.  :)

Hannah

Homes2Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:32 am »
Hi

Here try these and speak to them.

http://www.agencyinsure.co.uk/

Hope it helps

Dave

No luck with these so again hitting my head against a brick wall  ???

Hannah

jamescsp

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:18:51 am »
Cleanscape
Office Cleaning

dianegreenwood

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:16 am »
Hi Hannah

Call Alan at A1 Insurance 01937  581417.  He is a broker local to me and has been in insurance for 40 odd years.  If he doesn't know the answer he will find out for you through all his contacts.  

I will email him to let him know you should be calling.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Homes2Clean

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 07:02:50 pm »
This will work for you: http://www.cityinsurance.co.uk/business_insurance.html

Thank you I will ring these and let you know.

Hannah

Homes2Clean

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »
Hi Hannah

Call Alan at A1 Insurance 01937  581417.  He is a broker local to me and has been in insurance for 40 odd years.  If he doesn't know the answer he will find out for you through all his contacts.  

I will email him to let him know you should be calling.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Many thanks Diane will look into this too.

Regards

Hannah

Pristine Clean

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 11:21:44 am »
You will find that if you call Employment Agencys direct, that they do not cover the "Temporary worker" under their own insurance.

1. The temp worker is not at there site
2. the work is not being done for them

They the"Temp worker" are insured direct under the company that hires the temporary staff. We have insurance for temporary staff and permanent staff.

Tempory staff are covered under a set number of hours per year which can be increased or decreased, by the company that is hiring.

This might be why you are hitting a stumbling block

regards

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

George P

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 06:24:03 pm »
try stephen ayre at G.T.Insurance, very helpful, he should be able to guide you,if you say george gave you the number i would appreciate it, his  number is 0115 9394747, been in insurance a long time,