The Bear

Re: Canvassing
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 05:42:39 pm »
Come on Gaza no need for that.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 06:49:17 pm »
graham go to another forum like diy sex forum
thought you would like sticking things through letter boxes.
you really pee peeps of on here with your one line side swipes
your the most popular person on here , when it comes to  telephone conversation with other forum members.

gaza
Well I'm glad I'm not Graham.

All this over a post taken the wrong way... The Bear knows it, he's right.
Gaza, what you wrote there is more offensive than anything posted by Graham.
He has the same rights as us to put his point across, it's never personal.
I hope he appears to say his thing, but he may not bother now.

Sorry to say this for you Graham-it's your business, but you weren't here.

Cool it guys! 8)

gaza

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 07:05:09 pm »
WITH REF GAZAS POSTS : READ THiS THREAD FROM THE START, Im not the onlyone whos post positive posts on this subject even the mods are fed up with it .
MYSELF AND OTHERS IVE SPOKEN TO VIA THE PHONE TELL ME THE SAME WITHOUT PROMPTING THEM.
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005, 07:42:42 pm »
offending post has been deleted (for those that wonder what may be missing)

Lose the agro, please.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2005, 09:32:24 pm »
IAN : YOU MODS REMIND ME OF THESE NEW REGS. HARD TO UNDERSTAND. TELL ME HOW MANY TIMES HAS BEEN WRITTEN CONSTRUCTIVE  ADVICE ?by this person.

You cannot be constructive in a one liner.or two sentences.
1/ Mod tells him to sling his hook another tells him its allright ???
We think hes not a window cleaner just a school kid aving a laugh.

gaza

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 09:46:46 pm »
oh for PM's!!

Gaza,
A complaint was made and upheld.
We are all incredibly lucky on here, we have a huge amount of leeway in our postings.
Think yourself lucky, I am also a member of a couple of non related forums where the freedom you have to post is just so restrictive.
On here if you begin to be rude to others or start to flame them, then your posts will be deleted.
The rules are very simple.
Keep to them.
When you do not agree with someone, keep your observations impersonal and as objective as you can manage.

It isn't a wide open forum!

As mods we have to trim you back to within the guidelines set by our Lord and Master!
It isn't always an easy task I'll have you know :-\

Regards,

Ian

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 10:06:49 pm »
IAN : OH FOR PMS,at least we agree on something but I wouldnt waste a pm. JUST backing up one of the moderators
sometimes it takes guts to say what you mean and it hasnt been easy to write what I DID,

but BASH BASH
OR even a bigger dog pie reminds me of my school boy days
let me assure you Ian this forum will never know what has been spoken about by others about the subject matter.

Im not a female dog just making good observerations
gaza

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 10:21:15 pm »
I've recently had a brilliant response from flyers from an area a Chepstow window cleaner has dropped (Both Ian and Roger (Squeaky Clean) know him; Matt the locksmith).

I always did seven houses and a couple of flats in this street but last week I was grabbed left, right and centre.  So I spent a half-hour putting out leaflets and I had one old woman phone me this morning; giving me a list of people in her street that wanted me to clean their windows.

You can't beat your customers doing the canvassing for you!

As for Graham; I apologise for 'taking his bait and biting'; and to Ian for being forced to moderate me.

I'm human like the rest of you; more so after a couple of lagers!

I actually like Gayham, even if he is a bigger wind-up merchant than myself.  He reminds me of my brother whose a master winder-up-a-@&£$^%$£.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 10:50:37 pm »
They will put you forward as long as u are reliable and do a good job. Therefore there is no need to canvass other peoples area and this way everybody is happy. Basicly what im saying is it depends how good u are as to the amount of work u have

I agree if you are working as a one or two man operation and this form of gaining work has worked for me for several years. But times change and as I get older and checked a few figures my penshion might just feed the bugie (if I had one),for the last Three years I have been quite happy on my own with my WFP but during the last 10 months I been activly chasing new business so that I can put additional vans on the road,I do not chase other peoples trade nor do I undercut (intentionaly) but if customers come to me and they exccept my price I'll take them on I do not see this as doing anything wrong,

As a publican for sixteen years I had respect for others in the trade and we would all be trying to get the others customers into our pubs this like all competion promotes quality and service because if you don't supply these qualitys then you lose out.So yes if you are happy gaining new bussines from present customers fair play but I don't agree that if someone has a little more ambition than just staying as a one or two man opperation they should be Chastised for droping leaflets
Therefore there is no need to canvass other peoples area

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 07:37:26 am »
Its not really canvassing but the best thing of all is a van with WINDOW CLEANER written large in both sides.

As you go round the streets in the course  of your day to day work the customers will get to know you. Just parking in the street is enough to get you seen.

Its a permanent advert

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:11 am »
Like this ?? Land line numbers changed bloody homecall..
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Customers4u

Re: Canvassing New
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 07:41:01 pm »
Quote from baldeagle

Rule 2. Canvassing, and ANY OTHER methods, NEVER work, except when they do.

A bit confusing that statement, canvassing has ALWAYS worked whenever i,ve used it, in fact over 90% of my original customers are still active and the 10% who have gone have been made good by new customers, that always sign up when you are working the round.

Furthermore its down to what makes someone happy really, if you dont like canvassing then dont do it as that will come across on the door, it,s like what Ian has said earlier in this thread, you need to be smartly dressed, as u are selling yourself primarily, yes carry a leaflet with a contact number, yes smile and look like you,re enjoying the job of canvassing even if you get a no response still smile and move on to the next door, its an old saying but canvassing is a numbers game, and if you call on 100 houses a night you WILL sign up 5-10 customers every time.

:) :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements