AuRavelling79

Re: Excuses/Responses
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 10:13:48 pm »
They've certainly got a thoughtless attitude. They seem to think they're doing us a favour! It's quite refreshing to dump one of them and watch them squeal. But I only do it to poor value accounts unless they've become really obnoxious.

I need a bit more of the "Graham Gould" attitude methinks! :)
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 11:55:07 pm »
They've certainly got a thoughtless attitude. They seem to think they're doing us a favour! It's quite refreshing to dump one of them and watch them squeal. But I only do it to poor value accounts unless they've become really obnoxious.

I need a bit more of the "Graham Gould" attitude methinks! :)

I used to get a lot of "not this month" pleawe.  However, I adjusted my work so that it's every 6 weeks and it doesn't happen much now.  I have been taking on new work lately.  Sometimes I get someone asking for a 12 weekly clean instead of the 6 weekly that I offer.  I just thank them for their enquiry and say that I am only offering a 6 weekly service.  I will go for 12 weekly if the job is worth £40+ though but I don't advertise it.

gaza

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 12:51:05 am »
ONE OF MY LADY CUSTOMERS INFORMED ME SHE WAS GOING TO HAVE A BATH,TO WHICH I REPLIED WILL YOU WANT YOU BACK DOING THEN.

WE WERE BOTH LAUGHING WHEN WE REALIZED WHAT IN INNOCENCE I HAD SAID ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

baldeagle

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 07:26:41 am »
One of mine asked me to miss her out last time because "The windows are being renewed tomorrow".

Pulled up this month and guess what?
Yup, still the same mangy old Crittall windows, with horrible flaky paint!

So until I see new windows at number 21, I'll continue to give them a miss; but if someone else fills the vacant slot on that round...........

Baldeagle in Staffordshire.
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.