AuRavelling79

Excuses/Responses
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:08:15 pm »
What's the best excuse you've heard from a customer as to why they want you to "miss them out" this time. ::)
It's a game of three halves!

pjulk

Re: Excuses/Responses
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:43:10 pm »
Don't get that any more i tell them that i clean every 4 weeks from the start and if they say miss me they get missed forever.

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 12:08:19 am »
How about 'I havn't been to the toilet yet'?

We got that excuse about 2 months back from an old lady whose property is under priced anyway.

I'm not sure if she needed to spend hours on the throne or was putting us off with a feeble excuse.

Anyway, horrible as it may sound, because she was not more forth coming with any reason other than that and shutting the door in my face, we havn't gone back and won't do again.

Cheers

jakeandmia

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 04:18:02 pm »
went to one house on friday and the lady came to the door and said"can you miss me this month cos im studying".I wouldnt of disturbed her anyway only to get money.glad she did to be honest all postage stamp windows and a nightmare.

WAYNE

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 05:26:52 pm »
Fella came out and asked me to miss them this time as he was having carpet fitted, that was 10 months ago I still keep missing them (like an headache )

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

scrimit2

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 02:54:15 pm »
"because it was muddy"
was one I had, incase your wondering the floor was muddy not the windows or anywhere near them, oh another one because it's suppossed to rain tomorrow

danny mckim

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 04:19:04 pm »
We have also had the carpet fitting excuse another good one was dont clean my windows when im not in as the dog goes mental. We had a customer who told us only to do half the windows as some were not that dirty, now they are all dirty as we dont do them anymore.

williamx

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 04:24:33 pm »
I use to drop customers from my list and not put them back on again when they use to say not this time please.

I have now changed it, I now charge new customers 100 % more for a first clean and then the normal rate there after provoiding they have it cleaned on the agreed time rate, if they don't then they are dropped from the list, and if they want it cleaned again, they have to pay the new customer rate again.

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 02:00:23 pm »
I had a customer who always moaned that her dog went mad when I came round. Once the dog ripped up the hallway carpet and when she was explaining this to me she gave me the impression that it was me that was the real blame, so I dropped her from the list.

Steveyboy

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 08:11:53 pm »
my best 1 is :

I am about to have my dinner  ::) ::)

i replied "its ok, i have had mine, thanks for the offer though"

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 08:28:08 pm »
I've had one recently who said 'Not this month, Mate'.

'Why?' I asked him after humping a bucket full of water, my ladders and A-Frames into his garden.

'Because my wife hasn't cleaned the insides, so it's pointless', he says.

'Female Genatalia' I whisper to myself (or words to that effect) as I do a very smart about turn and march off.

Thing is, he wants them done now as he's asked his next door neighbor to find out why I've stopped comming.  Is he thick or what?

I told the neighbor that I'm not going to cart my kit next door, just on the off-chance that his missis has cleaned the insides; therefore I'm allowed to clean the outsides.

Customers like this should realise that they're very easily replaced.  Good window cleaners often are difficult to replace.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 08:51:52 pm »
Here in Chepstow we've been having our town centre made all rather arty farty.
I was doing a large shop front for years before this work started.
I was then told "leave it about 6-8 months for the work to finish, as it's not worth it"
I assumed I'd still clean his house though, but he then says "No, don't do that either, as I put it through the shop's accounts!"
Of course being probably worth millions and having only 8 cars he couldn't possibly manage to pay cash...

Oh well, his choice, but after a few months he now had a browny grey shop. ;D

Needless to say, the work has long since finished and no word from him. Good account too, but I don't feel like doing him any favours now.

Roger.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 08:57:55 pm »
Here in Chepstow we've been having our town centre made all rather arty farty.
I was doing a large shop front for years before this work started.
I was then told "leave it about 6-8 months for the work to finish, as it's not worth it"
I assumed I'd still clean his house though, but he then says "No, don't do that either, as I put it through the shop's accounts!"
Of course being probably worth millions and having only 8 cars he couldn't possibly manage to pay cash...

Oh well, his choice, but after a few months he now had a browny grey shop. ;D

Needless to say, the work has long since finished and no word from him. Good account too, but I don't feel like doing him any favours now.

Roger.

Roger,

Tell me who he is, and if he phones me (I'm in the phone books); and I'll tell him 'no, 'cos your last window cleaner says you're a toss-pot'.

Honest.  I hate people like that!  You put your prices up and it's the ones with the hot-tub and tennis courts that complain.

We ought to set up some sort of 'black-list' in Chepstow!

zeusjazmin

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 09:28:40 pm »
one lady told me to leave them " cos me and him had an argument,and im thinking of leaving him "

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 03:14:22 pm »
I was putting leaflets through doors and as I put one through a door the lady opened the door, looked at the leaflet and said that everyone in that area used the bus to get to town and then shut the door in my face.

?  ?  ?    ???

pjulk

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 07:26:41 pm »
She must have seen you car.....

pjulk

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 07:32:10 pm »
I had one yesterday.
I have to ring them each month to leave the gate unlocked and sometimes they still forget.
He said he was having his fence done today and does not want them done this month.
I cleaned the rest of the road and he had no work done.
He was outside cleaning his car.
So i walked over and said your window cleaning price is going up £2.50 a month to bring you inline with what others are paying in your road.
I see your fence has not been done today like you said.
(Maybe he though i would not notice)
And next month it will be 50% more due to have to remove two months of dirt.
He said nothing.

Paul

UBA1

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
I had one yesterday.
I have to ring them each month to leave the gate unlocked and sometimes they still forget.
He said he was having his fence done today and does not want them done this month.
I cleaned the rest of the road and he had no work done.
He was outside cleaning his car.
So i walked over and said your window cleaning price is going up £2.50 a month to bring you inline with what others are paying in your road.
I see your fence has not been done today like you said.
(Maybe he though i would not notice)
And next month it will be 50% more due to have to remove two months of dirt.
He said nothing.

Paul

Sweet as ;) ;D

pjulk

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 08:00:59 pm »
Ive got no time for the Not This Month people.
If he says it again he's gone.

Paul

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 08:09:17 pm »
Here here.

It's not usually the older folk that say that.
It's the two cars, two kids and too much money lot who play up.

It's because we're "only window cleaners" >:(

Plebs. >:(

Roger.