matt

Re: Thank you from Kevin R
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 08:07:23 pm »
Are there window cleaning industry awards for pitiful departure speaches. ;D

its a winner  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »
Happiness is the goal of everyone I guess - unless they're mentally unbalanced. Some on here resonate with me more then others - Tosh, Dai and Shiner come to mind as do Roy Harding and Ian Giles.

I admire how Tosh has gone from the cocoon (no offense meant by that) of Army life to self employment and his attitude to family life.

Dai - well, losing your wife and then finding happiness in your later years as he has done reminds me that money and wealth and material things are just one (and definitely not the major one) factor in a contented life.

Shiner - our religious backgrounds have some resonance and seeing how he has risen above what frankly appears to me very poor treatment as a youngster/younger man and how he shows no bitterness is inspiring to me. I like to think our businesses and attitude have some similarity.

And Roy, Ian and Pingu - you show me what can be acheived as professional owner-operators and I always read your posts with interest and a desire to learn more.

Others I hold in high esteem too - Martin 606, Matt and Alex spring to mind - but sadly there is an element on here that just likes to argue and boast and/or put down, whinge and be negative about anything they don't agree with.

Sorry guys, I'm going nowhere - there's too many good guys on here to worry about the rest.
It's a game of three halves!

Glyn H

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 08:50:08 pm »
Matt
Mr H didnt actually build his GutterVac, the head he gave details of how to construct was supplied to him  by J Wadeson who purchassed it from us the week before.
 Mr H even thanks the Wadesons at the bottom of his instructions in how to infringe the law.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 08:53:34 pm »
Which 1 did the wadesons get,i know them.

matt

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:53 pm »
Matt
Mr H didnt actually build his GutterVac, the head he gave details of how to construct was supplied to him  by J Wadeson who purchassed it from us the week before.
 Mr H even thanks the Wadesons at the bottom of his instructions in how to infringe the law.

i stand corrected on that then glyn, though i do know now, the head bit is now available to buy as a kit

peter holley

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 08:58:33 pm »
how do we measure success?
money? wisdom? family?
why is it that when someone is on their death bed they appreciate the small things in life?

money is very important (very) , but it cannot buy happiness, and if you do achieve the rich status you can lose it overnight :o

balance in life is the answer! (well there is another answer , but i cant go into that on aforum ;D)

i liked kev r posts, and his ettitude and ambition, but success comes in many forms and we all have the right to follow our own desired paths... it doesnt make us losers :(

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 09:00:58 pm »
Matt
Mr H didnt actually build his GutterVac, the head he gave details of how to construct was supplied to him  by J Wadeson who purchassed it from us the week before.

Seriously,.. its a hoover, a pipe and a pole,... hardly cutting edge, and your assertion that you were the first to come up with the idea have been challenged time and again.

Get over it already Glyn!

matt

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 09:04:15 pm »
Matt
Mr H didnt actually build his GutterVac, the head he gave details of how to construct was supplied to him  by J Wadeson who purchassed it from us the week before.

Seriously,.. its a hoover, a pipe and a pole,... hardly cutting edge, and your assertion that you were the first to come up with the idea have been challenged time and again.

Get over it already Glyn!

;D ;D this is a goodbye thread for Kevin, dont start it off again or he will be back  ;) ;) ;)

NWH

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 09:06:49 pm »
You don`t like people like Kevin do you Matt,he`s done alright for himself and has an opinion.

matt

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 09:13:50 pm »
You don`t like people like Kevin do you Matt,he`s done alright for himself and has an opinion.

i dont like people like him who put others down who dont have the same idea's as himself, i find it all rather narrow minded

to be honest i found his posts ok up intill a few weeks ago, he had run-ins with a few on here before that time, i found his posts were then starting to belittle  people who decided to DIY stuff, no need for that to be honest, he then proceeded to abuse people and call them idiots etc etc

i like to see people succeed in life ( do allright for themselves ) i honestly feel i have done allright for myself, yet he calls me a loser who will allways be poor, which is far from the truth

ftp

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 09:14:13 pm »
Were you on here last night NWH? If you saw his shocking posts you would understand why it's difficult to like him when he's in Jekyll and Hyde mode.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 09:20:44 pm »
I must admit i didn`t although talking to him on the phone i found him to be helpful and pleasent,could you point me towards the posts from last night please.

ftp

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 09:28:22 pm »
Some are kept as quotes but the worst he deleted shortly afterwards as he deleted everything he could. There was no need of it and it would have got most peoples backs up especially if you were targetted.

peter holley

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 09:29:31 pm »
he  is online now reading this with interest....kev may be embarrassed at his outbursts lastn night so lets just forgive, forget and move on 8)

matt

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
Some are kept as quotes but the worst he deleted shortly afterwards as he deleted everything he could. There was no need of it and it would have got most peoples backs up especially if you were targetted.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=65893.80

page 5 of this thread, i have qouted a few

have a read

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »
I have decided to bow down from this forum. I am not going to delete my account but my visits from now on will be anonymous. This forum has become full of DIY enthusiasts and sole traders who believe they are business heros because they can earn 25K a year. Nothing wrong with that but its no way to run a serious business as its just not sustainable long term.

Every post now on the subject of hot wfp or the Guttervac is hijacked by the same old no-accounts DIY experts claiming to know it all even though they started residential wfp or gutter cleaning a few weeks ago.

I am interested in discussion but of late its all shouts of "cheap DIY is the best" and it clearly this is not an option for any serious business that wishes to grow and employ staff. I have nothing against inventors or innovators.

I have had several excellent discussions with members and suppliers on this forum that have lead to business success for my company and I wish to thank those members for their contributions. You know who you are.

I will keep in touch with those of you that have become friends and I hope you will do the same to - you know where I am.

Thank you to the owners of this once excellent forum.

Kind Regards

Kevin R

Kevin.  I genuinely appreciate much of the stuff that you have posted.  I am one of those people who is reasonably content to remain a sole trader - though I am heading past that 25k marker that you mention and I can't be bothered to DIY equipment.  One reason that I do things this way is to manage my stress levels better because I had awful problems with it years ago.  Although anyone can have a heart attack (regardless of how hard they push themselves in business), I can't help wondering if the drive you have in business has contributed to yours.  If I had a choice in the matter, I would rather be healthy and of moderate income than a big businessman with heart disease.  There is a lot more to life than money IMO.  I'm not having a pop at you either.  You come across as a very driven professional guy - but the strain that can sometimes cause may well increase the risks of heart problems.  Having written that, yes I know it can happen to even the most laid back of people too but suspect that the risks are lower for such people.
I respect the choices that you have made and I do wish to build my own business bigger too.  However, especially due to my background, I know that too much stress is very bad for me and I choose to do things in a way that keeps it reasonably low.

Tosh

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 10:18:34 pm »
Ewan, has that taxi not come yet?

NWH

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 10:36:35 pm »
It`s funny how people say how easy it is to build or was after it goes up forsale,fair play to the likes of Glyn and Alex who continue to bring new products to the market to make our life easier.

elite mike

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 10:39:37 pm »
It`s funny how people say how easy it is to build or was after it goes up forsale,fair play to the likes of Glyn and Alex who continue to bring new products to the market to make our life easier.

well said :)

Tosh

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 10:42:58 pm »

Ah, but where do they get their ideas from?  Alex G got his Super Light pole idea from Jeff B's DIY fishing pole invention; Jeff B DIy'd the original lightweight pole when he had a back problem; Alex read about it on a forum, contacted Jeff, got some ideas and hence the Superlight range was 'invented'.

So in this instance, it was actually a DIY invention which made 'our' lives easier.