burky-boy

Reach n Wash logo
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:52:18 pm »
Does anybody have EPS file for the Reach & Wash System logo.
I know this is sticky ground with not having ionics sytem fitted although i do hav a more then a few grand in there poles but i have heard that does not qualify me to use there logo either.
But i was reading this in the sun news paper

COMPANIES are now free to use trademarks of rivals in ads after a landmark court ruling.

The European Court of Justice opened a free-for-all after ruling mobile phone operator 3 had not been in the wrong when using the bubbles logos of O2 while comparing prices in an ad four years ago.

Marc Allera, of 3, said: “This decision is pro-competition.”

O2 said: “We were vigorously defending our trademark.”

Keep The Faith

Re: Reach n Wash logo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57:45 pm »
I know this is sticky ground with not having ionics sytem fitted although i do hav a more then a few grand in there poles but i have heard that does not qualify me to use there logo either.

COMPANIES are now free to use trademarks of rivals in ads after a landmark court ruling.

The European Court of Justice opened a free-for-all after ruling mobile phone operator 3 had not been in the wrong when using the bubbles logos of O2 while comparing prices in an ad four years ago.

what are you going to do with it ? say I dont use reach and wash system?, passing off is a total different kettle of fish,

you cant use there logo on your van and have a different system fitted as they will come down on you and if you can afford the court case is it worth it, then for a few hundred quid you could have another logo designed  ::)

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:03:31 pm »
I f you just make a small change to the logo they can't do anything,So i was told

burky-boy

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:08:47 pm »

what are you going to do with it ? say I dont use reach and wash system?, passing off is a total different kettle of fish,

you cant use there logo on your van and have a different system fitted as they will come down on you and if you can afford the court case is it worth it, then for a few hundred quid you could have another logo designed  ::)

Was going to use it on my van but really dont think its worth the hassel. I Already have my own logo so prob best i use that .
Keep The Faith

sjm

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:24 pm »

Ay up mate  ;D Be warned , its a bit of a hornets nest you stirred up LOL

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 07:11:04 pm »
I f you just make a small change to the logo they can't do anything,So i was told
IMO thats copy right you are talking about, not trade marks.
both can land you in hot water and is really not worth the hassle, it could cost you thousands to test it out.

Was going to use it on my van but really dont think its worth the hassel. I Already have my own logo so prob best i use that .

Not worth the hassle and most people dont know what it means anyway  ;)

cvdewsbury

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:15:13 pm »
Can not see why you want to bother, joe public don,t no he difference between reach/wash or say scrub/wash..

sjm

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:25:52 pm »
Can not see why you want to bother, joe public don,t no he difference between reach/wash or say scrub/wash..
What about reach, wash , and go ?

burky-boy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:27:49 pm »

Well i have managed without the logo for over four years now. We are more then busy i think people take more note of the Ladderless Window Cleaning phrase then anything else
Keep The Faith

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:29:59 pm »

Well i have managed without the logo for over four years now. We are more then busy i think people take more note of the Ladderless Window Cleaning phrase then anything else
do you have ladders on your van ?

burky-boy

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »
What about reach, wash , and go ?

Reach Wash an Go sounds like some dodgy hair shampoo  lol
Keep The Faith

burky-boy

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »

do you have ladders on your van ?

Yes have ladders on my van and i get asked all the time , Thought you was a ladderless window cleaner, But we do quite a lot of builders cleans so we need ladders for them jobs only
Keep The Faith

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 07:41:06 pm »
why take the risk. its not as though ionics are letigous!!!!!!!!! you buy the system you get to use the logo. i bought a jet from them so can i use the logo. why bother design your own and create your own individuality

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »
Ionics should pay you to advertise their logo IMO. I have a lot of their equipment but I wont advertise their logo :)

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 07:55:28 pm »
Ionics should pay you to advertise their logo IMO. I have a lot of their equipment but I wont advertise their logo :)
Agree with that,

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:03 pm »
So what are we talking about here...........All the drips   ;D

burky-boy

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 08:01:20 pm »

Hi Wayne

Well said that mate, and you have seen my logo im sure you think it  stands out quite well , In fact i have just had it redone and its a lot better now. will post it up some time
Keep The Faith

Guy Gibson

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 09:47:38 pm »
Give the figure a small dick. No-one will know the difference until you get to court and flop yours out in comparison.

That's a joke, btw.
Left a bit, right a bit

Tom Mac

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 08:18:59 am »
Reach, Washed n Cleaned

sjm

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 08:21:37 am »
Reach, Washed n Cleaned
RWC !  could be the name of a super federation for us shiners !!!!!!!!!!! :o ;D

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:25:59 am »
forever united cleaners kingdom

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 10:50:09 pm »
Reach & clean .......& reclean yet again if you're a newbie or a customer complains :)

johnny_h

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 08:34:38 am »
i tell them its a "wash n go " system they are none the wiser
AUDI VIDE TACE

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 08:37:33 am »
Ask your new custys if they have heard of pure water cleaning and they will probaby say now, let alone heard of a tiny company making systems for it.