james44

LADDERLESS NO MORE 2
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:21:51 pm »
Right, I shall try and make this short

Been window cleaning for 4 years sold my customers on april this year because i was getting fed up with the customers complaining about the least little thing, i was using wfp and had been for 1 year out of the 4,

Up to going wfp i had no complaints at all, now i did a very good job and going back to a comment that squeeky made about customers dont like there windows to be left wet this i think is true,

The person that i sold the round to lost a lot of customers even he said it did not matter how clean he got them they are not happy, sadly he gave up and just walked a way and never went back,

He has given me all the addresses to which i have gone back round to try and get them back sadly he has lost quite a few,

But on the ones that i have got back was only if i did not use the wfp as they dont like it Well is the customer alway right as we say,

So for the last week and this i have gone back to doing them trad and i have been getting even the old customers back who said they had someone else and have been picking up new ones as well,

Thing is all these customers where wfp which i converted my self did they just put up with it because i was with them so long! seems so cause soon as i sell the round the poor guy was losing customers rapid an i can say he knew how to use the wfp as well i trained him up before he bought the round and he worked with me as well before he took over,

Now when i bought my wfp was
(1) i believed in it
(2) safety
(3)It was the way forward

Now i am not so sure ok say stick with it, but i have found that maybe 25% for it or will put up with it 75% prefer trad
now if i was a newbie starting up window cleaning wfp is going to take  longer to build than trad,

Now i picked up a new customer today the area he is in was one that i did for 2 years i asked why he did not ask me before  he said i dont like that pole thing

Neil_A

Re: LADDERLESS NO MORE 2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:25:29 pm »
Some people dont mind there windows being done with it and some dont like it, Ive been wfp now for about 2 weeks, and i have not yet had any customers complain!  but i still have over 60% of them to clean with wfp yet so i will see :)
GRADE 'A'

G O A

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:29:02 pm »
very strange i thought the wfp was the way forward too,
havent changed over yet but been looking into it how could they not be happy thought it would do a better job
if i wasnt self employed i wouldnt work at all

matt

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:34:19 pm »
point 2 was my only reason and it still is

i dont care if my rivals have WFP and it makes you more pro
i dont care if i can earn more money
i dont care if people say they work in the rain with it ( i dont )

the only reason i use it is because its safe, im a young-ish bloke now, i have a young family, safety first for me i am afraid

Neil_A

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 10:35:01 pm »
very strange i thought the wfp was the way forward too,
havent changed over yet but been looking into it how could they not be happy thought it would do a better job

Some people want there window to be bone dry when u clean them!  With wfp the finished result is the opposite
GRADE 'A'

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 10:41:02 pm »
It depends how big the houses are,most of the houses i do are almost dry when i leave due to them being big.

Neil_A

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:43:55 pm »
It depends how big the houses are,most of the houses i do are almost dry when i leave due to them being big.

I mean.... They dont like to see water squirting all over there window then u walk of leaving it wet!

When they see you wiping it with a cloth they are happy
GRADE 'A'

G O A

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 10:46:58 pm »

the only reason i use it is because its safe, im a young-ish bloke now, i have a young family, safety first for me i am afraid
in what way is it more safe?are u not carefull anway?

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:48:58 pm »
I know what your saying but if you speak to inteligent and mainly well off customers there not stupid,they will look at the end result when there dry.If you explain the new routine of cleaning ie they will dry clean and clear they will execpt it unless what your saying is wrong,anyone with half a brain would at least give the system a chance and if they like you also as a human being they will respect your saftey.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:51:31 pm »
hi been wfp 1 year.... not one complaint at all, in fact i hardly have any contact apart from when they send me cheques and say the windows , frames and doors are amazing.... silly but true.  :)

Neil_A

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 10:51:40 pm »
I know what your saying but if you speak to inteligent and mainly well off customers there not stupid,they will look at the end result when there dry.If you explain the new routine of cleaning ie they will dry clean and clear they will execpt it unless what your saying is wrong,anyone with half a brain would at least give the system a chance and if they like you also as a human being they will respect your saftey.

Yes very true! this is why none of my customers have said no to it!

But you know as well as i do there are some funny sods out there who have had there windows done trad for the last 20years and want to keep it that way! when you explain the way wfp works they think its a load of rubbish..
GRADE 'A'

G O A

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 10:52:18 pm »
dont know much about wfp but why is it so much safer?

Neil_A

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 10:54:31 pm »
dont know much about wfp but why is it so much safer?

Ladders = there is a chance how ever small or big 'You can fall and hurt yourself'

wfp = you % cannot hurty yourself in anyway

???
GRADE 'A'

matt

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 10:58:33 pm »

in what way is it more safe?are u not carefull anway?

Well imho

climbing ladders all day = risk of falling

waving a pole around = very little risk

On the note of my safety and being carefull, i used to use a ladder stopper AND a canvas tool bag with sand bag inside, so i had little chance of the ladder slipping, but still a slight risk

G O A

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 10:58:54 pm »
im not 96 surely there must be someway u can get hurty

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 11:01:33 pm »
It's all down to the quality of your explanation - in writing - and your positive attitude (as in you know it dries good and you are positively going to use it and that's it or bye bye!).

I will never use a ladder again for window cleaning - never, never, never - did I say never? I meant never.
It's a game of three halves!

Neil_A

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »
im not 96 surely there must be someway u can get hurty

Is this a windup.... Look at how many deaths there has been useing ladders....

Then look at how many deaths there has been useing wfp...

GRADE 'A'

NWH

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 11:04:36 pm »
Power lines if your really unlucky but you would have more chance of electrocuting yourself in america as the power lines over there are not always insulated,as for the comment about the old sods you`ve been doing for some 20yrs there the ones that get dumped,if they won`t give the pole a chance i won`t give them one.

eddie d

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:34 pm »
is wfp any good or not

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 11:09:18 pm »
Put it this way i cleaned trad way for over 15 yrs and if i had to go back to trad full time i would seriously have to WC as a job,WFP will not only change the way you work but it will change your life ie more money-time off-more energy at the end of the week and you`ll look forward to going to work i know i now do.