harleyman

How would you handel this
« on: August 10, 2021, 08:28:20 pm »
So out on the glass yesterday  up popped fellow windy  whom  I'd not seen before cleaning 2 doors  down form I was cleaning anway off I went but rememberd I for got to pop a ticket in .so went back to find said window cleaner  talking to my customer so waited until he had done went to put ticket in when my customer told me he had asked if she needed a cleaner bit of a brass neck she sent I'm off  I think I may return the complement

AuRavelling79

Re: How would you handel this
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:35:58 pm »
So out on the glass yesterday  up popped fellow windy  whom  I'd not seen before cleaning 2 doors  down form I was cleaning anway off I went but rememberd I for got to pop a ticket in .so went back to find said window cleaner  talking to my customer so waited until he had done went to put ticket in when my customer told me he had asked if she needed a cleaner bit of a brass neck she sent I'm off  I think I may return the complement

I'd ignore it.
It's a game of three halves!

harleyman

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:05 pm »
I'll put my gun away then :)😁

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:41 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I wouldn't ignore it. Cheeky get. Unless it wasn't obvious the windows had just been cleaned and water droplets on the windows, I'd be having a word.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 10:23:21 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I wouldn't ignore it. Cheeky get. Unless it wasn't obvious the windows had just been cleaned and water droplets on the windows, I'd be having a word.

I've got way too much work, I couldn't care less if some johnny-come-lately walked up to one of my customers and offered to clean. Free world. I am secure enough in my customer base to know that 99% plus would give said geezer short shrift.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 11:20:39 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I've got way too much work, I couldn't care less if some johnny-come-lately walked up to one of my customers and offered to clean. Free world. I am secure enough in my customer base to know that 99% plus would give said geezer short shrift.

So have I, but when someone takes the p by knocking a door straight after you've just cleaned one of your jobs then that's a no no in anyone's language.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:59 pm »
I would ignore it too. I would like to think that all my customers appreciate the service I provide.  If any of them wanted to take a chance on some other cleaner for the sake of a pound or two it would be good riddance!

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 11:44:44 pm »
I would probably just think I'm glad I'm not that sad and desperate for work. Pity him.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:20 pm »
I don't think I could Handel this. His Messiah is very long.
I'd just hum Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or Vivaldi's Four Seasons the next time I saw him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

alank

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 07:24:19 am »
Just get on with the next job on the list if they jump ship instead of cleaning their windows next month you will be spending that time cleaning someone else's.

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 07:39:01 am »
Torch his van  ;D

james peters

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 08:19:56 am »
I'd just hum Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or Vivaldi's Four Seasons the next time I saw him.

I like handel
the messiah was my last concert I went to before lockdown ;D ;

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 09:23:19 am »
Torch his van  ;D

If you do then make sure you do it when he is around the back of a customer's house. It's about sending a message.

;D ;D ;D

(For the avoidance of doubt this is not a genuine recommendation.)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 09:24:38 am »

Aim the cannons in his general direction.

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 01:16:53 pm »
Torch his Mondeo  ;D

Fixed it for you 👍

jk999

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 01:31:13 pm »
I'm one of those I not that bothered if any other window cleaner canvas s my area s ,if any customer's want to try another windy then in my eyes it's a customer not worth having, the main thing I don't like is when they ask the customer how much you charge and they will do it cheaper that really peaves me off 😇

harleyman

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 03:05:34 pm »
One or two are missing the point it's the fact he's actually  seen me cleaning the property that gauls me . And waited until
I left.... flecking snake.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 03:47:57 pm »
One or two are missing the point it's the fact he's actually  seen me cleaning the property that gauls me . And waited until

So what did you do?

richard connett

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 04:15:49 pm »
Just talk to the bloke. Tell him it’s underhand . Tell him if he needed more work you would have passed some on to him ….. but your not going to now seen as he’s a snake bellied w****r

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 04:18:08 pm »
Torch his van  ;D
And remember to throw an immersion element in the back of the van first…then his insurance will be null and void🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 04:23:09 pm »
I’m not missing the point at all. The question was, how would you handle this? I answered how I would handle it.

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2021, 04:33:57 pm »

I'm with you harleyman. Others on here can't see that the other bloke is a (MODDED) to actually go and canvass the house straight after you've cleaned it. Either that or he's as thick as NWH 😀

NWH

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2021, 05:05:13 pm »
The person to blame here is the customer it’s their decision,if they don’t like you enough to be swayed by another cleaner it’s on them not the bloke knocking the door.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2021, 05:09:09 pm »
The person to blame here is the customer it’s their decision,if they don’t like you enough to be swayed by another cleaner it’s on them not the bloke knocking the door.

You don't do yourself any favours Nigel. If Harleyman wants to have words with the other window cleaner then that is his prerogative. It's certainly not his customer's fault, why don't you read properly before commenting?

I wouldn't bother and nor would you. We get that.

Don't you know when to shut up?

NWH

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2021, 05:43:51 pm »
It’s like having a go at the bloke in bed with your Mrs if that ever happened to you never happened to me mind,it’s not the one offering it’s the one accepting we all like to offer don’t we.

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 05:49:12 pm »
I'd have gone and knocked 2 doors up, while he was talking to your customer!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 06:10:05 pm »

why did you wait?i would of gone straight up to the door and handed my customer their ticket and introduced myself to the other window cleaner with a large menacing grin on my face...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

spudd

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2021, 06:33:36 pm »

Straight up I would of gone up when he was taking to your customer, and stood there to listen to what he had to say… THEN chimmed in and asked if he was lost. Recon we could of felt like a right twonk

harleyman

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2021, 10:11:45 pm »
 ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 12:38:18 am »
You're only as good as your opposition.
I regularly let a bloke get in bed with my wife, to remind her of how good I am. I don't hog the duvet or make crumbs or anything.
The other blokes leave the bed in a right state.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2021, 10:35:02 am »
Just use the opportunity to do the ironing Griff.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 11:00:00 am »
I know it is out of order i would never do something like that on another windies door but when you sit and think about it it’s the customer that makes the final decision isn’t it,if they are decent people they should be able to see what he’s doing and make their own choice.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2021, 12:42:48 pm »
Just use the opportunity to do the ironing Griff.
I create an opportunity to do the ironing, Slack.
Like a Sunday morning, so I can watch the Aussie rugby. Or when I'm rained off, I'll watch something that I've recorded that my Missus isn't interested in. Or I'll have a chat with Alexa and listen to some music.

Who does yours and when? Are you still courting the lady from the church? Are you one of the lucky ones with a domestic goddess keeping you in check and check shirts? A perfect crease down the front of your chinos? Does she use starch on your tank tops?
I'm always open to ironing tips so that I can finish the job before I've listened to all of Setting Sons by The Jam.
Come on, help me out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2021, 12:53:39 pm »
Me and the lady from the church went our separate ways three months ago.  Shame really, we was a very nice girl, but we obviously didn't agree on enough to make a decent go of things.

She's currently spending two weeks on the I.O.W. and Im being inundated with donkey sanctuary pictures. I don't do donkey sanctuaries as a rule, so not missing it one bit. As well as various pics with the title 'Where Am I?'

Im just perusing a couple of local Facebook groups for someone to see if they'd like to earn a few extra bob doing domestic cleaning and possibly ironing. How much do you charge?

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2021, 01:06:10 pm »
Me and the lady from the church went our separate ways three months ago.  Shame really, we was a very nice girl, but we obviously didn't agree on enough to make a decent go of things.

She's currently spending two weeks on the I.O.W. and Im being inundated with donkey sanctuary pictures. I don't do donkey sanctuaries as a rule, so not missing it one bit. As well as various pics with the title 'Where Am I?'

Im just perusing a couple of local Facebook groups for someone to see if they'd like to earn a few extra bob doing domestic cleaning and possibly ironing. How much do you charge?
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

I'd be no use to you. I'd burn your vests if the Roosters are on the attack or if I get carried away when Eton Rifles is on.
I'll keep my ears open for a Kim Woodburn type looking to do some extras, dear.
Keep your hands to yourself, mind.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
It's funny as one of the local girls who cleans around here looks just like her, I avoid her like the plague. Frightening...

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 01:42:23 pm »
the mother in law does mine  ;D

and all the house work  ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2021, 02:03:08 pm »
It deserves a thread of its own, doesn't it?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 03:03:09 pm »
Either way you can’t get the blame 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2021, 03:04:11 pm »

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

I'd be no use to you. I'd burn your vests if the Roosters are on the attack or if I get carried away when Eton Rifles is on.
I'll keep my ears open for a Kim Woodburn type looking to do some extras, dear.
Keep your hands to yourself, mind.

Ah the Jam what a band 👌