harleyman

How would you handel this
« on: August 10, 2021, 08:28:20 pm »
So out on the glass yesterday  up popped fellow windy  whom  I'd not seen before cleaning 2 doors  down form I was cleaning anway off I went but rememberd I for got to pop a ticket in .so went back to find said window cleaner  talking to my customer so waited until he had done went to put ticket in when my customer told me he had asked if she needed a cleaner bit of a brass neck she sent I'm off  I think I may return the complement

AuRavelling79

Re: How would you handel this
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:35:58 pm »
So out on the glass yesterday  up popped fellow windy  whom  I'd not seen before cleaning 2 doors  down form I was cleaning anway off I went but rememberd I for got to pop a ticket in .so went back to find said window cleaner  talking to my customer so waited until he had done went to put ticket in when my customer told me he had asked if she needed a cleaner bit of a brass neck she sent I'm off  I think I may return the complement

I'd ignore it.
It's a game of three halves!

harleyman

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:05 pm »
I'll put my gun away then :)😁

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:41 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I wouldn't ignore it. Cheeky get. Unless it wasn't obvious the windows had just been cleaned and water droplets on the windows, I'd be having a word.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 10:23:21 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I wouldn't ignore it. Cheeky get. Unless it wasn't obvious the windows had just been cleaned and water droplets on the windows, I'd be having a word.

I've got way too much work, I couldn't care less if some johnny-come-lately walked up to one of my customers and offered to clean. Free world. I am secure enough in my customer base to know that 99% plus would give said geezer short shrift.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 11:20:39 pm »

I'd ignore it.

I've got way too much work, I couldn't care less if some johnny-come-lately walked up to one of my customers and offered to clean. Free world. I am secure enough in my customer base to know that 99% plus would give said geezer short shrift.

So have I, but when someone takes the p by knocking a door straight after you've just cleaned one of your jobs then that's a no no in anyone's language.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:59 pm »
I would ignore it too. I would like to think that all my customers appreciate the service I provide.  If any of them wanted to take a chance on some other cleaner for the sake of a pound or two it would be good riddance!

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 11:44:44 pm »
I would probably just think I'm glad I'm not that sad and desperate for work. Pity him.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:20 pm »
I don't think I could Handel this. His Messiah is very long.
I'd just hum Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or Vivaldi's Four Seasons the next time I saw him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

alank

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 07:24:19 am »
Just get on with the next job on the list if they jump ship instead of cleaning their windows next month you will be spending that time cleaning someone else's.

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 07:39:01 am »
Torch his van  ;D

james peters

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 08:19:56 am »
I'd just hum Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or Vivaldi's Four Seasons the next time I saw him.

I like handel
the messiah was my last concert I went to before lockdown ;D ;

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 09:23:19 am »
Torch his van  ;D

If you do then make sure you do it when he is around the back of a customer's house. It's about sending a message.

;D ;D ;D

(For the avoidance of doubt this is not a genuine recommendation.)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 09:24:38 am »

Aim the cannons in his general direction.

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 01:16:53 pm »
Torch his Mondeo  ;D

Fixed it for you 👍

jk999

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 01:31:13 pm »
I'm one of those I not that bothered if any other window cleaner canvas s my area s ,if any customer's want to try another windy then in my eyes it's a customer not worth having, the main thing I don't like is when they ask the customer how much you charge and they will do it cheaper that really peaves me off 😇

harleyman

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 03:05:34 pm »
One or two are missing the point it's the fact he's actually  seen me cleaning the property that gauls me . And waited until
I left.... flecking snake.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 03:47:57 pm »
One or two are missing the point it's the fact he's actually  seen me cleaning the property that gauls me . And waited until
I left.... flecking snake.

So what did you do?

richard connett

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 04:15:49 pm »
Just talk to the bloke. Tell him it’s underhand . Tell him if he needed more work you would have passed some on to him ….. but your not going to now seen as he’s a snake bellied w****r

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 04:18:08 pm »
Torch his van  ;D
And remember to throw an immersion element in the back of the van first…then his insurance will be null and void🤣